Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Amazing new fire and smoke effects by john

maybe the effects could be fixed in similar way as Kegetys DXDLL?

wich means, not really changing anything in the game itself, and also making it possible to turn the effects on and of during play smile_o.gif

Its not so much the engine that needs modifying to fix these, its the textures themselves. Check my original post on the 1st or 2nd page (can't quite remember where). It basically explains the main flaw, and how it can be fixed, provided someone has the time to do so.

EDIT: Found my original post on page two, which for ease of your browsing, I'll quote below.

Quote[/b] ]Nice hi-res smoke and fire effects. Really add a lot to combat photography images and such, but due to the "blinking" effect with the texture transitions, they're not all that practical for "action sequences" (i.e. proper game-play/videos). Nice job.

By the way, to fix the "blinking" all that is required is to start off with using just one texture, and modify it slightly (until you have 30 or so subtly different textures), and then try those. The transitions should be less noticable, and the whole thing should run a lot smoother with a lot less blinking (theoretically).

setting people on fire with molotov cocktails just to see more fire.

Gotta try that one out, but where do I find molotov cocktails that set people on fire??

BUZZARD @ Feb. 20 2006,19:03)]

Gotta try that one out, but where do I find molotov cocktails that set people on fire??

i just realized my typo.. i ment to say "setting people on fire with the molotov cocktails just seem more fun"

they come with Flash FX "effectpack.pbo"

i modified mine so when they catch on fire, rather then giving that annoying baby like cry, they run around screaming "the roof the roof the roof is on fire! but we dont need no water let the mother fucker burn, burn mother fucker, burn!!!"

its hilarious  rofl.gif

dude%20on%20fire.jpg

i modified mine so when they catch on fire, rather then giving that annoying baby like cry, they run around screaming "the roof the roof the roof is on fire! but we dont need no water let the mother fucker burn, burn mother fucker, burn!!!"

Release that, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease tounge2.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 20 2006,19:03)]

i just realized my typo.. i ment to say "setting people on fire with the molotov cocktails just seem more fun"

they come with Flash FX "effectpack.pbo"

its hilarious rofl.gif

[mg]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/images/dude%20on%20fire.jpg[/img]

ROFL! I can just picture and hear a Russian sergeant running around with his ass on fire yelling that rofl.gifrofl.gif

Ok, let me just pull this thread out of its premature grave.

Is anyone working on this, does anyone have some unfinished modification of this or can we all safely say that these particles won't be perfected?

Hmm, lol, despite johns foolproof method of installing the smoke and fire effects, i cant get them to work huh.gif , all i can say is that im using ECP and DMA mods at the moment..

I honestly have no clue how I got mine to work. I followed John's instructions, and at first they only worked with standard Res 1.85+, they wouldn't show in ECP. After a day or so, they started working while ECP was running.

I have no idea how, but running the install program for the llauma's sky deleted all of those files and replaced them with original smoke and fire.

it works with regular OFP.. hmm, i think im glad it doesnt work with my ECP config.. lol.. i mean they are nice, but not gameplay friendly, only really good for screenshots methinks.

These effects almost look perfect with FDF mod, or atleast the did when i last tried them ive stopped using this but hopefully when the new version (if) comes out ill sure as hell download that.

I agree, especially while throwing the molotovs around, it gave a very nice look.

hey hey pal´s.

im atm not on ofp ...buuuuuuuuuut i have already make them effects better ...but not final now i know it can be and will be better ...soon if i have more time ...i make them much smoother ..also pls atm u must come out with what is here..

i have many more ideas but as i said time needed...

also the point .

updated fire and smoke ---and im trying something newer ,wont say more about lets suprice...hoping to bring it out as soon as possible...

best wishes john

best of luck to just put an installer with the new fire and smoke effects. Messing around with files is long and hard work lol

Hope it's going to include burning tank/apc/plane/choppercrew's!I have searched high and low for somthingthat acheived this! Alas so far to no avail,that is with ECP the exeption!

i cant get the url to work! sad_o.gif

Does anyone know the exact texture names that got replaced?

Wanna revert back to normal without having to delete my precious data.pbo´s confused_o.gif

If you look in your DTA folders there should be a copy of your old data.pbo as data.pbo.bak

If you look in your DTA folders there should be a copy of your old data.pbo as data.pbo.bak

Deleted long ago sad_o.gif

And i don´t want to delete data.pbo´s because the installed skymod was kinda pimped and i forgot about most of the addons in there, would be a big loss really.

errrrrrrrmm... Remove sky pack and re-install?

data.pbo´s = skypack fullstop

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY CRACKER!!

I'm sorry, I just hope someone's still working on these. So... Peanut butter jelly cracker?

just a couple of questions.

A) does anyone have a link (a working one of course)

B) anyone knows of an addon that I could use to make a car or a tank burn relatively long for camera effects?