Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

LLW presents...

So, you like to fly just for fun? You like to shoot down other planes? Or always wanted a decent oppenent for the Sopwith Camel? Well guess what, it's your lucky day!

Lowlands Warrior presents the Fokker Vintage Military aircraft series which will provide you with a whole load of new planes to play with. Since Fokker made most of his military planes between 1915 and 1940 this will also be the era covered. So expect planes like the E3, Dr1 Triplane, D7, D21 and G1. All planes will come in several different variants/color scheme. PSD files ar set up to create a new type of texture in a matter of hours.

As always you can expect good quality addons from LLW. All models will have at least 5 to 7 lod's depending on their size. Textures sizes are kept to a basic 1024x1024 for smaller models, bigger ones will probably feature 2048x2048.

So for now I will present you some pictures, the initial release will feature the planes from World War 1, namely the E3, DR1 and D7.

Ideas and help are always welcome!

foto1.sized.jpg

Larger version

foto2.sized.jpg

Larger version

foto3.sized.jpg

Larger version

foto4.sized.jpg

Larger version

foto5.sized.jpg

Larger version

Time for dogfights, cool yay.gif

Indeed, cannot wait to match these against the good old Camel. Outstanding job on the textures as well as the model smile_o.gif

they look awesome! great work!

if you need some scripting help (although i doubt that in case of those addons), i will gladly help.

I've never downloaded the sopworth camel but when you release these stunning looking aircraft i'll have too. I must admit though i'm slightly dissapointed as when i read the thread title i thought you were releaseing your new island sad_o.gif . But it's still good news. Some of your team must have a lot of spare time on there hands. If i was your mod leader i would wip there asses back into shape and get them to finnish up your Dutch stuff first tounge2.gif

Very nice job wachtmeester!.. Nice textures inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ] finnish up your Dutch stuff first

Fokker is DUTCH stuff!

Fokker is DUTCH stuff!

Depends how you look at it wink_o.gif

Anton Fokker was born on Java (Indonisia) in 1890 (91?). Yes, he was a Dutch....but the first Fokkers where bild in Germany near Berlin. The faktory later being in Schwerin (Germany). He moved to the Netherlands because the end of ww1 disallowed the germans to build planes. He died in New York....

So after all a truely international man biggrin_o.gif

Very nice pics...really looking forward to the planes...thx notworthy.gif

Did I see the Red Baron aircraft correctly??? xmas_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Very nice work! The slower speeds of these aircraft match ofp flight speeds a bit better then jetfighters, with these you can have allot of fun!

I feel like strafing ground targets btw, seems more fun then AA....

Too bad there arent any "real" trenches possible in ofp, yes I know about the different mods and all that are making similiar things but I mean, REAL trenches in the ground.

Fokker is DUTCH stuff!

Well you learn something everyday. I was seeing the Fokker plane from a British perspective, in that German pilots fought British pilots in these planes. Plus the fact it has a German cross on the plane icon_rolleyes.gif

Fokker is DUTCH stuff!

Well you learn something everyday. I was seeing the Fokker plane from a British perspective, in that German pilots fought British pilots in these planes. Plus the fact it has a German cross on the plane icon_rolleyes.gif

but still, the planes have some kind of dutch flavour in it tounge2.gif

but still, the planes have some kind of dutch flavour in it  tounge2.gif

Like Advocaat tounge2.gif

advocaat0zk.jpg

Well eitherway they'll be a new addition to this great game.

i maybe wrong but i think the confusion is this

fokker = dutch

foche (FW) = german

beautiful work

To get some things clear, here's a little biography of Fokker:

Anton Fokker was born in 1890 in the Dutch colonies.

The family moved back to Holland for his education when he was 11, but he was not a very ardent student, and he only made it through his high school exams by means of a self invented crabbing-machine.

The one plane he and his class built was crashed by a pilot that couldn't fly and the course crashed with it. Instead of going back he built his own plane with money his father sent him.

In 1910 he flew it for the first time; in 1911 he was giving demonstrations and joy-rides in it to make a living. In 1912 he established a small aircraft factory at Johannisthal near Berlin. He became an aeroplane manufacturer and show pilot, constantly worried by financial difficulties.

World War I broke out and Fokker came into his own. Fokker planes became loved and feared.

During the war he introduced the gear system that made it possible to fire a machine gun through the propeller arc without hitting the blades; the propeller itself, by means of levers and gears, operated the gun at properly timed intervals.

After the war the Dutch government still hesitated to buy aircraft from Fokker, so he sold the salvaged (German) surplus war production to Russia. His first factory opened in Amsterdam in the hangars of the ELTA exibition of 1919.

A second main Fokker factory opened in America and Fokker became the largest civil aircraft manufacturer of the twenties.

In the early 1920s Fokker sold an increasing number of planes to the U.S. military, and in 1922 he established the Atlantic Aircraft Corp. in New Jersey. He also maintained a succesfull large aircraft factory in The Netherlands. The first nonstop flight across the United States was made in the Fokker T-2 transport. Richard Byrd and Floyd Bennett flew over the North Pole (May 9, 1926) in one of Fokker's trimotor planes.

During the 1920s and the 1930s Fokker concentrated on the design and development of commercial aircraft that were widely used in the fledgling U.S. commercial aviation industry.

The all-metal Douglas DC1 of 1933 meant an end to the Fokker supremacy. A last brilliant stroke was the beautiful twin-tailed G-1 fighter of 1936, nicknamed the Reaper.

Fokker died in America in 1939. The cause of his death were complications from sinus surgery and pneumococcus meningitis. He was cremated in the United States and his ashes were brought back to the Netherlands for burial.

I like this kind of "Oldschool-Jets" wink_o.gif

looks very nice, man...!

hey, nice jobs mates! smile_o.gif

looking forward to have some dogfights with those!

Looks nice, btw to keep people busy while they are waiting for these let us not forget the operation somme mods, wwi planes, that you can dwnload on the site (as long as you register)

So far the quality is very impressive.I sure do like the prop planes and dogfights...can't wait!

Very nice!

Might I suggest a bailout script that deletes the parachute?

WWI pilots were not equipped with parachutes, and were known to have sometimes jumped to their deaths, rather than burn alive in the burning plane.

I think this could be accomplished with a modified version of one of the ejection seat scripts used in some of the modern fighter jet addons.

Just set the eject speed to "o,o,o" and leave out the parts where the ejection seat, and parachute are spawned.

(A nice touch would also be for the falling pilot so sometimes be on fire)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure it was only British pilots who didn't wear parachutes.

Also could something be made, that the "thingy" that makes the gun shoot between the prop. blades goes bad and your prop is shot to poop. ??

huh.gif some random failure options... instead of engine failure, so basicly your f.ed you have to glide down to earth and land in enemy terrain. >> missions