Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Exactly one year ago CWMOD v.1.1 came out, now it is updated to v.1.2

xmas_o.gif

You can download it from our page (and read up a bit in the Addons section while you're there).

Enjoy.

Great, thanks! You rule!

And just the same day I bought a nice LeMat replica.

You can expect something soon.

First bug spotted. crazy_o.gif

If you downloaded before 18:00 CET on 28.12.05, before we added the missing file to the download pack...

...some missions give you a warning that they're missing the addon "21vbluger". No clue how it got in missions, as none of our units use a Luger for a weapon...must be some old mistake...

Just in case we've added the 21VBluger.pbo to our site, where you can download it and just drop it in the addons, so you don't need to edit any missions...

Indeed, seems very nice, will test it out asap.

btw, <s>the links on your website should be updated in order to be "clickable"</s>

Fixed.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

<b><ahref="ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/mods/cwmod-ver1.2.rar">Click to download CWMOD from OFP.INFO (mirror 1)</a></b>

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

They are clickable, they were only disabled while updated pack was being put in.

i likew the pack but i treid out a classic cavalry rescue and the cav dudes dont want to ride out they got their waypoints set after i use radio alpha they should close the trap butthey dont want to go

they are just standing and riding in circles around eachother

huh.gif???

They're the guys with the Mounted prefix to their names.

Does this run fine on a dedicated MPServer? We're getting units running on the spot and a host of other dodgy errors on non-dedicated.

Cavalry fights better if you set them to "Danger", they are slow otherwise, but keep good formation and move fast if they are in fight mode.

@Tankie

Find them empty under objects, or "Conf. Mounted Cavalryman" or "Union Mounted Cavalryman" in regular US Civil War/east or US Civil War/west lists...

Oi, Triglav - what's the deal on MP Compatability?

As I said, non-dedicated servers suffer lag [even with few units] plus any gun a player starts with doesn't work. Have you MP Tested it on either non-dedicated or dedicated?

Very nice moddification !! I want more !!

Thank you, but you won't get any more from me.

With this phase of the project finished I'm pulling out of OFP modding.

Other CWMOD members might produce more stuff and maybe someday some other mod group might release something, but with more than two years spent on this I feel I've done my share...

Making a mod really does take a lot of work and dedication (and endless complaints from angry girlfriends who would prefer I'd have spent as much time playing with them as I did with textures, models and configs).

I'd like to give many thanks and respect to people who helped make all this happen.

In the first phase of CWMOD these were

Pickett,

CombatAgent,

Wilco and

Tsalagikola

In the second one they were

Prof T,

Bigus Dikus and

Majoris23.

Be on the lookout for any of their projects, for they are very well capable of surprising you with inovative and elaborate addons.

I'll still be around to answer some questions if need be, but will not do any more addons.

Oi, Triglav - what's the deal on MP Compatability?

No idea, sorry.

I never played OFP in MP mode.

I guess it has something to do with ammo, as CWMOD uses a different bullet system (which enables more than 10 bullets to be carried on a soldier). Try putting an ammo waggon in a mission.

CWMOD was made mainly with single player in mind. Several people offered to make it fully MP compatible, but none ever delivered (as is the case most often with various "modders"), thus it is at the stage where it is now.

Fantastic work, as always.  I'm especially impressed with the new cavalry - Its also great to be able to have mounted officers for the infantry too.

In any case, you've certainly earned your retirement.  Thanks for all the hard work.

In any case, you've certainly earned your retirement.  Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks mate.

I'll be glad to see any cool screenshots of battles people might post with the new stuff.

There are no ground texture on chickamauga.

I think Tsalagikola made Chickamauga island with MiG's farmland addons pack, so many textures are from there too.

Should be mentioned in the Chickamauga readme file...dowmload that pack and your problem should be solved.

Its not the Farmland addons pack. I have it and the ground textures are still missing.

I guess its because the textures are the old low res textures and I am using the high res version of Everon and Malden that replaces the old ones.

The new bayonet system seems to be way worse than the old one. First of all the AI never uses its bayonets. If i give them full ammo it takes about 10 years to run out and if I give them 1 ammo then its just retarded to have soldiers running around with only the bayonets and 0 ammo.

Also when I use the bayonet I get the "hit with the rifle but" animation and not the cool "stab with the bayonet" animation.

The horses however are way better than I ever thought would be possible in OFP. The horses alone are worth this new version I think. thumbs-up.gif

Great, thanks! You rule!

And just the same day I bought a nice LeMat replica.

You can expect something soon.

Hey D-cow,

almost done breaking in my new cal.58 Enfield.Too bad we could not make you feel the recoil in OFP.

Ordered a real LeMat a few days ago.

As much fun as it was making them as addons, shooting them for real beats fiddling with oxygen any time  yay.gif

Thanks to all of you for a good time, but it was time for me to move on to other things.

Have fun with the new stuff, i will give it a good look myself after i'm done cleaning my toys.

Godspeed,

Pickett

Also when I use the bayonet I get the "hit with the rifle but" animation and not the cool "stab with the bayonet" animation.

That stab was rather simple.

The new anim actually combines a stab with the but-stroke, to make a longer melee anim. Looks better when several men go at each other, as before two such were just poking towards each other, now it looks as a fight with the stabs and but-strokes.

Though I'm sure that eventually someone is going to come up with a proper bayonet system for OFP...

If you prefer the old ones, just take all the rifle addons from the old pack and overwrite the current ones (CWMusket.pbo, CWEnfield.pbo, CWLorenz.pbo).

Ordered a real LeMat a few days ago.

You can get real live LeMats these days?? Last one I saw cost an arm, a leg, another arm and maybe a foot.

Downloading the mod now wink_o.gif.