Sign in to follow this  
AgentFox2

SFP Zodiac

I, like any who've tried it, really enjoyed the SFP 4.0 mod upon its release, even though I had played with the beta for a long part of the development time. SFP has, in my opinion, one of the most professional modification teams out there.

One of my favorite pieces has been the inflatable infiltration boat, or "zodiac" that came with SFP 4.0. I loved using it with both Swedish units and other third party units like Laser's SEALS. But I didn't like having to load up all of SFP at times when I only needed that single boat.

So, I secured permission to re-config and release an independent version of that same boat.

None of the work is mine, all I've done is include the animations and reconfig it to have no conflicts.

You can use this addon with SFP or without SFP, there are no conflicts. They asked me to change the tag, but I reiterate that none of it is my work.

Thanks to SFP for allowing me to release this independently, and credits must go also to UCE/Nacho for the original model that SFP modified.

DOWNLOAD

(thanks to all sites who provided mirrors)

OFP Center DE mirror

OFP.info Mirror

Screenshots

Screenshot 01

Screenshot 02

Screenshot 03

Screenshot 04

Screenshot 05

Screenshot 06

Awesome! I too really liked that boat, I am glad you went ahead with this. The anims are great, everything will be very useful now without having to run the entire mod.

Thanks alot, I love the high quality SF mod stuff, its great that the zodiac is now available for other troops, without having to load the SFP4. smile_o.gif

Agent Fox, way to go. Much appreciated, excellent that you went through the proper channels. This'll be seeing some use, for sure. Again, thanks.

Thanks so much mate, this Zodiac is the one to beat. After downloading the whole mod just to get this boat, I'm glad to hear you've now made it separate. You've made a lot of people's day(s).

oh gr8.............now i can use it without the sfp4 mod...the animations are spectacular......

thnkx CameronMcdonald for informing me about this.

and thnk u agentfox2. I love it

Hello AgentFox2

You can find a download-link at our news site now.

Try out this

You will find the news of your boat at our news site too.

Greetings, SWAT

This addon is fantastic, many thanks for making it stand alone! biggrin_o.gif

This is one nice addition to the SF fleet. In OFP the insertion from the sea or river hasnt been used much because we were lacking this baby. Many thanks to the makers and for their decision to make it a stand alone.

Quite atmospheric to drive around with this baby in the rivers of MeKong, just before the sun rises...

Has anyone been able to turn off the engine?

I removed all units from the craft and the engine sound kept running. I then setfueled it to 0 and the motor still kept running! crazy_o.gif

I think that the grenade finally shut the thing up but that is not an option that I want to use after inserting my squad deep behind enemy lines! sad_o.gif

Is it just me and my crappy computer or has anyone else had this same problem? I wondered about some kind of addon conflict but I used this with very few addons loaded up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wadmann

Has anyone been able to turn off the engine?

I removed all units from the craft and the engine sound kept running. I then setfueled it to 0 and the motor still kept running! crazy_o.gif

I think that the grenade finally shut the thing up but that is not an option that I want to use after inserting my squad deep behind enemy lines! sad_o.gif

Is it just me and my crappy computer or has anyone else had this same problem? I wondered about some kind of addon conflict but I used this with very few addons loaded up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wadmann

thats a OFP bug as i understand it... i got that problem with ALL boat type addons.... engine keeps running after i disembark and/or shut it off....

Now that's what the silencers were invented for! tounge2.gif

Fantastic, my appreciation for making it a stand alone addon

I finally had a chance to confirm the OFP engine bug for boats. After adding an empty standard boat, the engine noise was there!

I guess that I haven't used boats in OFP for a while.

Other than that darn engine bug, this is a fantastic addon!

Great work SFP and thanks for allowing AgentFox2 to release a stand alone version! smile_o.gif

Wadmann

if you place a infantry group in the zodiac side empty an give them a waypoint , the zodiac doesn't move , i think it is a bug , only works the zodiac side west huh.gif

but it is a very nice addon , the animations are great , thanks inlove.gif

I dont seem to be able to get the animations to work. When the troops load in the boat they are sitting upright as if they are in the back of a truck. Is there a script or something else I need to do to get the in the cool navy seal looking positions. I have both pbo's in my addon folder.

You are putting the wrong version down, there is one with (combat) on the end of the name, or something along those lines, which has the combat anims.

You are putting the wrong version down, there is one with (combat) on the end of the name, or something along those lines, which has the combat anims.

DOH!!!!!!! YOU IDIOT!!! Sorry bout the hassle. I should have looked further. Thanks notworthy.gif

Just a couple of quick questions - is it possible to give the Zodiac a slightly bigger fuel tank - I do insertions from ships and getting to the beack and back is a real stretch on fuel?

Is it easy to do? I'm a noob, so I have no idea...

Also AgentFox2, on the topic of insertions, would you be able to make that Swedish sub a separate release too?  Just so that we can start the mission from a surfaced submarine - to me that would be cool pistols.gif

Just an idea? biggrin_o.gif