Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Arma czech previews

Quote[/b] ]Uh,I hope that is a translation error

Sounds more like a MP mission pre-packaged with the game? And it probably would be based on the CTI format. I doubt they would stop mission makers from adding commanders. On the plus side, if they do support CTI style, directly. We can expect the improvments to filter though to other missions and addons.

Sara have 400 kmË› (biggest than other islands from OFP+Resistance)

THX, I join these links to first report and your translation

In the "Score" article they're writing 400kmË›, Level must have got that wrong.

Translating Lord Perth's summary of "Level" now.

Quote[/b] ]In Multiplayer there shall be a commander who doesn't participate in battle.

huh.gif Uh,I hope that is a translation error.I love all the other features,but if that is true I hope BIS reconsiders that.Only one commander is kinda limiting. What about a "Dynamic ChainofCommand" ? smile_o.gif And I sure hope with "doesn't participate in the battle" they dont mean some guy sitting in a silly 2D Map all day with no means to travel the battlefield himself.That might sound nice for battalion and up,but I would rather think on a company level it wouldnt be that helpful

EDIT:Im all for 2D-maps for giving orders and such to your subordinates,just dont feel very happy about a potential "ZE COMMANDER" like in BF2 or Soldner

EDIT2: A OFP-Example of that would be CTI-command structure.So to clarify my point i shortly explain what command structure i would prefer.Lets just be nuts and say Arma is able to handly 2 companies on one side.Now,there would be a battalion leader that can give commands to his companies,thuse company leaders then can give orders to their platoons,those platoon leaders to their individual squads and these again to their fireteams. On the other hand i think we could potentially make a script-system for that tho if its not supported in core-Arma

Heh, Lord Perth has now hired me as his promotion manager on the flashpoint1985 forums. xmas_o.gif

About the Commander: Perth said the preview talked about one commander per side who won't participate on the battlefield.

Quote[/b] ]In game you shall be able to shoot through walls, casing, etc., you can hide from bullets behind house walls though, behind tarpaulins not. Ricochets shall pose a threat too.

Excellent!! notworthy.gifyay.gif

Sara have 400 kmË› (biggest than other islands from OFP+Resistance)

THX, I join these links to first report and your translation

In the "Score" article they're writing 400kmË›, Level must have got that wrong.

Translating Lord Perth's summary of "Level" now.

In the SCORE work Victor Bocan and wherefore SCORE have more informations and screens than LEVEL tounge2.gif

Summary of the Score article about Armed Assault

The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Some improvements that already came with OFP:Elite will come for Armed Assault too. The vegetation shall be denser, there shall even be animals and insects you can shoot.

On the same page the author describes a mission. At first glance the mission isn't revolutionary, it's on the high level of the OFP campaign missions we're used to. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.

There shall be a huge island of 400kmË› featuring a lot of different vegetation like jungle, wood and desert. The war around the player shall always be vivid, you can call in artillery or plane support (which you could miss later on if they get destroyed) and it might be that you're taken to another place in the conflict by chopper.

There will hardly be any scripted events, but the course of war is affected by your actions; you're making the difference, if you play good. There shall be civilians, but they've got a neglectable role, it shall be made similar to Resistance.

In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles. The campaign will be about North vs. South, inspired by the Corean War.

The information about multiplayer and editor are almost identical to the one in "Level"

Some notes by Perth:

The Score article has confused me a little. Basically it's the same as the Level article. Following Score the campaign shall be a lot more dynamic than in OFP, if not so much as in Game2 that features RPG elements and questionable civilians.

Level says that Armed Assault is more 1.5, Score thinks of it as a adaequate sequel. The different sizes of the island are quite confusing.

I've read the articles several times very closely, because I was confused about the different statements.

I can't really imagine that the Score redacteurs have mixed Armed Assault and Game2, as one of the devs is an editor at Score. The half-dynamic campaign (I've read the article several times!wink_o.gif would be too awesome to be true...

It seems that I've made the first translations from the article. I hope that I don't create too much confusion because of some translation errors or bad translation.

I join Lord Perth: I hope that I don't create confusion by producing translation errors translating german -> english.

In german we call a game like this "Stille Post", I think in English it's called "Chinese Whisper"

Again: I thank Lord Perth for translating this article from Czech to German, allowing me to translate in into English. notworthy.gif

It feels like they have mixed up the 2 games, really.

can this really be ArmedAssault!? crazy_o.gif

The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.

There shall be a huge island of 400kmË› featuring a lot of different vegetation like jungle, wood and desert. The war around the player shall always be vivid, you can call in artillery or plane support (which you could miss later on if they get destroyed) and it might be that you're taken to another place in the conflict by chopper.

There will hardly be any scripted events, but the course of war is affected by your actions; you're making the difference, if you play good. There shall be civilians, but they've got a neglectable role, it shall be made similar to Resistance.

In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles.

It feels like they have mixed up the 2 games, really.

can this really be ArmedAssault!? crazy_o.gif

The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.

In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles.

Whats wrong on that? Score have preview only about ArmA, so i dont think they mix it with Game2.

The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Some improvements that already came with OFP:Elite will come for Armed Assault too. The vegetation shall be denser, there shall even be animals and insects you can shoot.

On the same page the author describes a mission. At first glance the mission isn't revolutionary, it's on the high level of the OFP campaign missions we're used to. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.

In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles. The campaign will be about North vs. South, inspired by the Corean War.

The information about multiplayer and editor are almost identical to the one in "Level"

Some notes by Perth:

The Score article has confused me a little. Basically it's the same as the Level article. Following Score the campaign shall be a lot more dynamic than in OFP, if not so much as in Game2 that features RPG elements and questionable civilians.

Level says that Armed Assault is more 1.5, Score thinks of it as a adaequate sequel. The different sizes of the island are quite confusing.

I've read the articles several times very closely, because I was confused about the different statements.

I can't really imagine that the Score redacteurs have mixed Armed Assault and Game2, as one of the devs is an editor at Score. The half-dynamic campaign (I've read the article several times!wink_o.gif would be too awesome to be true...

It seems that I've made the first translations from the article. I hope that I don't create too much confusion because of some translation errors or bad translation.

I join Lord Perth: I hope that I don't create confusion by producing translation errors translating german -> english.

In german we call a game like this "Stille Post", I think in English it's called "Chinese Whisper"

Again: I thank Lord Perth for translating this article from Czech to German, allowing me to translate in into English. notworthy.gif

thx - i join this tranlate article to firts report - ok? wink_o.gif

Thanks a lot for the translation !

Now this really sounds good. I just can't believe they managed to get all of these elements into ArmA as of now ! I thought most of them were only for Game2... This is not only an engine upgrade, it's a brand new game of its own !

Gimme a time machine ! xmas_o.gif

sounds too good to be true!

Still cant watch the bleedin trailer mad_o.gif

download powerdvd and all your troubles will have vanished biggrin_o.gif

OK. Here's a question, that probably reads more like a Buddist koan: With all the material penetration and bullets bouncing around... Does this mean that there'll finally be breakable glass in ArmA? huh.gif

(Not important, but want to find out nonetheless) smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>LARGE CAPITALIZED TEXT!</span>

OMG.

[insert] enthusiastic comment here.

[insert] question that will more than likely not be answered here.

That is all.

Anyone else notice in the video at the 1:05 mark the water has no waves? As well as the water at the 1:30 mark.

Also the destroyed bridge (magazine) and the intact one (video) are at different places on the map. The video one appears to have a creek running under it or a road I can't tell.

Anyone else notice in the video at the 1:05 mark the water has no waves? As well as the water at the 1:30 mark.

Also the destroyed bridge (magazine) and the intact one (video) are at different places on the map. The video one appears to have a creek running under it or a road I can't tell.

magazine´s bridge and bridge in video is identical wink_o.gif

At the very first part of the in game bit (after the guy is talking) you can see waves in the sea.

I noticed that they seem to have a Black Hawk Down themed mission. At around 1:40 some blue text appears:

"Base to Delta1. Your task is to secure the crash site and look for survivors. Stay there and wait for reinforcements."

wink_o.gif

magazine´s bridge and bridge in video is identical  wink_o.gif

The type is identical, but they lie on different places on the map look at the position of trees and terrain in both the images.