Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Arma czech previews

Ok Czech speakers, time to step up for the community and start translating. biggrin_o.gif

You must learn czech language and translate these scans thumbs-up.gif

Ok Czech speakers, time to step up for the community and start translating. biggrin_o.gif

You must learn czech language and translate these scans thumbs-up.gif

Or maybe you can learn English and translate them for the community? tounge2.gif

Nevermind. As I stated a few times, I'm working on translations, but it is quite slow (got also some other things to do). They certainly won't be done until Monday. And they certainly won't be gramatically correct. xmas_o.gif

this are awesome screens. it is going to make the wait even worst, althought it was so worth it! smile_o.gif

why cant i see the trailer?

i cant see anything.. not even black screen.. a window appears but nothings in it.. i just see my desktop.

i got ffdshow and Xvid

edit: now i only see black screen pistols.gif

why cant i see the trailer?

i cant see anything.. not even black screen.. a window appears but nothings in it.. i just see my desktop.

i got ffdshow and Xvid

edit: now i only see black screen pistols.gif

download vob version and play it in WinDVD or other DVD player wink_o.gif

or VLC Media player, its free, and plays everything (does have a problem with quicktime files, but it works) biggrin_o.gif

HOLY SHIT.. when we saw that country village or what i shall call it. right before we saw the jungle i was seriousely wetting myself..

Increadible how they made ArmA from the ofp stage yay.gif

LOOL it wont be a free tshirt when you buy arma it will be a fresh pair of BIS logo pants (Y fronts) for everyone rofl.gif

Does the article mention any news or developments concerning publishers?

It feels like the good ol days when Resistance came on out.

That, giddy feeling in your belly.

awww man...i tried to use one of those free internet translator programs but they weren't sophisticated enough to translate words that had letters with the accents on them. confused_o.gif

It feels like the good ol days when Resistance came on out.

That, giddy feeling in your belly.

exactly!!

Its just like that screenshot of the bridge on nogova... awesome smile_o.gif

Wow.... ! Very interesting things are on this pages notworthy.gif

I will go buy LEVEL smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Summary of the "Level" article

Armed Assault:

The old campaigns are included. There's a new island (Sara) larger than 100 kmË›, where the new campaign takes place. Inspired by the korean situation there is an "evil" aggressive North and a "good" South which you'll support as an american soldier. The battles shall be huge, just like real life.

Battles in MP shall be larger too and can take multiple days in real life. That shouldn't pose a problem though, as you can join the battle anytime.

The AI shall be good , but it shall be easier for newbies by turning on green and red auras for friend and foe. Terrain won't be deformable because the devs are afraid the missions could be influenced negatively.

In game you shall be able to shoot through walls, casing, etc., you can hide from bullets behind house walls though, behind tarpaulins not. Ricochets shall pose a threat too.

In Multiplayer there shall be a commander who doesn't participate in battle.

The authors guess that the game is done by 3/4 and that the beginning of next year should be a realistic release date.

Game2

Game 2 will contain a lot of role playing elements. Its complexicity shall approximate Fable or Oblivion. The campaign shall be dynamic and the interaction with the NPCs shall be very complex. Every action done by the player shall have consequences. For example if you shoot a villager, his brothet will shoot on you. You can question the NPCs, namely depending on situation. e.g. if they've seen enemy troop movement.

Due to good relations to the army and 3d-scan-techniques the realism shall be superiour. It's extremely detailled, e.g. a broken down tire can be replaced by one you find at another broken down car.

The terrain shall unlike ArmA be totally deformable, namely physically correct. e.g. you can theoretically gain access to a house with a well aimed shot in a house wall. Of course only, if you don't damage the bearers too much. Game 2 uses the open source ODE physics engine.

The mimics of the faces shall be very detailled and you shall be able to tell the current state of a single soldier.

A system called "Linda" shall simulate a hyperrealistic vegetation and even a whole ecosystem, where knocked over trees grow again. The tree growth shall change depending on if the tree is standing in a wood or lonely on a field. Imaging collecting apples or fir cones, the author cheered.

A release date is still not in sight, but the author thought, that it's positive that they don't have to work under pressure.

I don't feel like translating the third ArmA article, but there won't be more info as in the other one. Maybe I'll do it some time and then I'll summarize the article here.

Thanks go to Lord Perth for translating the article from czech to german on the Gamestar Pinboard. notworthy.gif

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinbo....nt=3467

edit: Right now Lord Perth has translated the "Score" article into german. I'll translate it later, got no time right now.

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinbo....nt=3473

Summary of the "Level" article

Armed Assault:

The old campaigns are included. There's a new island (Sara) larger than 100 kmË›, where the new campaign takes place. Inspired by the korean situation there is an "evil" aggressive North and a "good" South which you'll support as an american soldier. The battles shall be huge, just like real life.

Battles in MP shall be larger too and can take multiple days in real life. That shouldn't pose a problem though, as you can join the battle anytime.

The AI shall be good , but it shall be easier for newbies by

turning on green and red auras for friend and foe. Terrain won't be deformable because the devs are afraid the missions could be influenced negatively.

In game you shall be able to shoot through walls, casing, etc., you can hide from bullets behind house walls though, behind tarpaulins not. Ricochets shall pose a threat too.

In Multiplayer there shall be a commander who doesn't participate in battle.

The authors guess that the game is done by 3/4 and that the beginning of next year should be a realistic release date.

Game2

Game 2 will contain a lot of role playing elements. Its complexicity shall approximate Fable or Oblivion. The campaign shall be dynamic and the interaction with the NPCs shall be very complex. Every action done by the player shall have consequences. For example if you shoot a villager, his brothet will shoot on you. You can question the NPCs, namely depending on situation. e.g. if they've seen enemy troop movement.

Due to good relations to the army and 3d-scan-techniques the realism shall be superiour. It's extremely detailled, e.g. a broken down tire can be replaced by one you find at another broken down car.

The terrain shall unlike ArmA be totally deformable, namely physically correct. e.g. you can theoretically gain access to a house with a well aimed shot in a house wall. Of course only, if you don't damage the bearers too much. Game 2 uses the open source ODE physics engine.

The mimics of the faces shall be very detailled and you shall be able to tell the current state of a single soldier.

A system called "Linda" shall simulate a hyperrealistic vegetation and even a whole ecosystem, where knocked over trees grow again. The tree growth shall change depending on if the tree is standing in a wood or lonely on a field. Imaging collecting apples or fir cones, the author cheered.

A release date is still not in sight, but the author thought, that it's positive that they don't have to work under pressure.

I don't feel like translating the third ArmA article, but there won't be more info as in the other one. Maybe I'll do it some time and then I'll summarize the article here.

Thanks go to Lord Perth for translating the article from czech to german on the Gamestar Pinboard. notworthy.gif

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinbo....nt=3467

edit: Right now Lord Perth has translated the "Score" article into german. I'll translate it later, got no time right now.

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinbo....nt=3473

Sara have 400 kmË› (biggest than other islands from OFP+Resistance)

THX, I join these links to first report and your translation

Quote[/b] ]In Multiplayer there shall be a commander who doesn't participate in battle.

huh.gif Uh,I hope that is a translation error.I love all the other features,but if that is true I hope BIS reconsiders that.Only one commander is kinda limiting. What about a "Dynamic ChainofCommand" ? smile_o.gif And I sure hope with "doesn't participate in the battle" they dont mean some guy sitting in a silly 2D Map all day with no means to travel the battlefield himself.That might sound nice for battalion and up,but I would rather think on a company level it wouldnt be that helpful

EDIT:Im all for 2D-maps for giving orders and such to your subordinates,just dont feel very happy about a potential "ZE COMMANDER" like in BF2 or Soldner

EDIT2: A OFP-Example of that would be CTI-command structure.So to clarify my point i shortly explain what command structure i would prefer.Lets just be nuts and say Arma is able to handly 2 companies on one side.Now,there would be a battalion leader that can give commands to his companies,thuse company leaders then can give orders to their platoons,those platoon leaders to their individual squads and these again to their fireteams. On the other hand i think we could potentially make a script-system for that tho if its not supported in core-Arma

I tried downloading off many of the mirriors here but i dont appear to have the right codec for my windows media player. Ive tried search but im pretty useless when it comes to things like this, any one know where i can pick the right one up?