Hitler[AoE]: quit u hacker so u dont ruin my record

Eisenhower: Nuts!

This has to be the best part. Lol! rofl.gif

Pfff. Finns don't count.  nener.gif

That's what Stalin said in 1939.

Hey everyone, lets go fishing...

Seattle PI

Quote[/b] ]

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- It was hard to miss. The stubby missile, floating about 14 miles off the Washington coast, was crusted with barnacles, seaweed and seagull droppings and had a live seagull sitting on its nose.

The trawler Windjammer had just pulled its net when skipper Erik Eide spotted the object on Sunday afternoon. He decided to move in for a closer look.

It looked to him like a World War II buzz bomb. "It was kind of freaky at first," Eide said.

Then he remembered seeing something similar on the Discovery Channel and he was pretty sure it was a type of sonar rig. Eide decided to haul it on board in hopes that it could be worth something. "We're just four guys struggling to make a living," he said.

When they scraped off some barnacles and seaweed, they saw Cyrillic letters and that's when Eide decided they better report their find to the U.S. Coast Guard. Minutes later, the Coast Guard radioed back to say it was coming to take a look.

A helicopter flew over, a vessel pulled alongside, took some digital pictures and then the Navy ordered Eide to head to Port Angeles instead of heading to the Bornstein Seafoods dock in Bellingham, with his perishable cargo of cod and sole.

Jay Overton, spokesman for Navy Region Northwest, confirmed Eide's assessment that the object was not dangerous. He said Tuesday that the Navy had decided the device was some kind of Cold War era communications device.

"It has no real value to the Navy," Overton said, adding that they would probably be returning it to Eide with the government's thanks for doing the right thing and reporting the find.

addendums from elsewhere...

Quote[/b] ]

Jay Overton, spokesman for Navy Region Northwest, confirmed Eide's assessment that the object was not dangerous. He said Tuesday that the Navy had decided the device was some kind of Cold War era communications device floating in the currents of the Pacific Ocean for decades, but never used locally.

Officially the Navy is not prepared to say exactly what was pulled aboard the Windjammer, but they are certain it is not a weapon.

The Navy insists whatever it is, the technology is obsolete.

"It has no real value to the Navy," Overton said, adding that they would probably be returning it to Eide with the government's thanks for doing the right thing and reporting the find.

Ironically, in 18-years of fishing, this would be the first time skipper Erik Eide ever brought a camera.

"Never had a video camera on the boat until this trip and then we got this thing," laughed Eide.

Quote[/b] ]

Eide says they told him they also think it's a sonar rig. Eide says he's letting the Navy look at it but is not giving up salvage rights.

sonar1.jpg

sonar2.jpg

Ebay Ahoy! wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

not funny but a good lesson why you should wear body armour. Iraqi sniper aiming at US patrol!

http://images.military.com/Video/050713_SniperShot.wmv

Army Times

Quote[/b] ]

During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents.

Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber†Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.

You forgot this part in 1939:

Stalin: hey kallio u noob give ur bases

kyost1_ka||1o: fuck u

Stalin: yeah watch me

kyost1_ka||1o: OMG YOU FUCKER

** 10 minutes later **

kyost1_ka||1o: haha stalin u noob u getting r8pd like a schoolgirl

Stalin: cheater!!!!!

Hitler[AoE]: haha stalin u noob

Hitler[AoE]: kallio wanna team up ??

tounge2.gif

Ugh, I'm getting Empire Earth multiplayer flashbacks. rofl.gif

lmao... very true... but what the hell did they fire? sounded like a crossbow if anything biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but what the hell did they fire? sounded like a crossbow if anything

I believe they fired a dragunov. I think I saw it on the news they were talking about it and they showed a gun and I am pretty sure thats what it was.

Someone said that there are bombs present in this pic... But I can't seem to find any of them!!!

twomk84bombs9jy.jpg

Not really worth making a new topic over but this thread will do. Does anyone know the name of those US Army recon buggies you see pictures of from time to time? It looks like a sand rail with a 3rd seat above the engine?

fav.jpg

Chenowith FAV or The Navy Seal Desert Attack Veichle wink_o.gif '

I was making one for OFP but gave up becuase I had to back to school.