Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I think it's PC Action's estimate as to how much is done, hopefully it's an underestimation as much as release date being only Q3/2006 being an overestimation... confused_o.gif

Do they really say ArmA is comparable with Battlefield? How funny is that? Please don't trust German magazines on "realistic gameplay". crazy_o.gif

Do they really say ArmA is comparable with Battlefield? How funny is that? Please don't trust German magazines on "realistic gameplay". crazy_o.gif

Indeed. Bah, I'm happy that most interviews about ArmA I'm reading are in English and I don't understand all the * the magazine people are writing there because my English is not as good as my German is biggrin_o.gif

Not an armed assault screenshot, but did anyone catch this shot of game2? Look at the terrain!!! wow_o.gif

[im]http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/870_1145734456_canyon.jpg[/img]

I heard something like "satalitey photographie" around the location of that frame (frame at 16:53, comment at 17:36-40) . whistle.gif

That's right. Ondrej said that scenery will be based on the satellite datas and on the aerial photography. So as he said, the scenery will be very credible and really big biggrin_o.gif

does that interview german say "75% complete?

Y, 75% complete

Q3 2006

similar OFP; BF

the letter

read the new Flashnews.

I have put this yesterday in the News, interests however no one...

> my Chaos @bis-ingame.net

> The FLashnews 94

a quote:

Quote[/b] ]We recently completed an interview with TVG from the BIS perspective which forms their BIS Developer Profile.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/article...._20.htm

Quote[/b] ]...Presently BIS is focusing on three projects announced as being in development; two are PC games - Armed Assault due Q2 2006 and their currently unnamed next generation PC game due Q2 2007. Also being developed is their army simulator VBS2 - an updated version of their Virtual Battlefield System, used by the US Marine Corps and the Australian Defence Force. Whilst they would not rule out working on projects for other systems; they don't at present have anything planned....

ArmA Q2 2006, Game2 Q2 2007 (:D)

Perhaps my English is too bad and through it I understand that incorrectly^^

edit: But logically: no publisher, no date for sale

I wonder if Game 2 will be really released in Q2 2007. biggrin_o.gif

Toster: you got that right. wink_o.gif

As for ArmA, the beginning of summer would be a nice date, i just hope it won't be delayed to the end of summer!!!

Maby they will release it after the summer, when the game would sell better... People don't play much computergames when the weather is nice.

I don't really care about the extra months, the longer they work, the better the game will be.

In PC Format may issue (latest screenshots aveliable thread, page 69) there is an interview with Marek Spanel where it says that Game 2 will be in development for two more years. That means Q2 2008., i guess (or even later).

I dont know whats ARMA and GAME 2 anymore..

Im confused yay.gif

that could be ARMA all the way down..

CZtvMovie.wmv (31 MB)

Edit: Remember Plastic war video is nomore as we saw new pics from ARMA.

We can see some of that old plastic war in that video (1:30m - 1:43m).

So in that video the best detailed parts ( 1:45m - 2:17m) can be ARMA wink_o.gif

Plus: at 3:56m to 3:57m you can hear the crappy communications sounds.

if in doubt ask a czech wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (deanosbeano @ April 22 2006,19:42)

can you tell me if they mentioned which was game2 and which was arma in that interview with the spanels ?

It's simple. When the interview started, they talked about VBS1 so first shot (with Mi-24) is from VBS1. Then they talked shortly about ArmA so next shot is form ArmA. Then started shots from Game2 (1st scene is from the forrest with DETAILED sign) except last (gunfight in a street is from ArmA).

if in doubt ask a czech wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Quote (deanosbeano @ April 22 2006,19:42)

can you tell me if they mentioned which was game2 and which was arma in that interview with the spanels ?

It's simple. When the interview started, they talked about VBS1 so first shot (with Mi-24) is from VBS1. Then they talked shortly about ArmA so next shot is form ArmA. Then started shots from Game2 (1st scene is from the forrest with DETAILED sign) except last (gunfight in a street is from ArmA).

the arma we saw in that video is not the actual ARMA.

The new video/interview is arma from december for sure.

CZtvMovie.wmv (31 MB)

Edit: Remember Plastic war video is nomore as we saw new pics from ARMA.

We can see some of that old plastic war in that video (1:30m - 1:43m).

So in that video the best detailed parts ( 1:45m - 2:17m) can be ARMA wink_o.gif

Plus: at 3:56m to 3:57m you can hear the crappy communications sounds.

Is it just me, or is ArmA starting to look more and more like the Game2 screenshots..?

It seems kinda odd any company would work on two seperate games at the same time.. Not saying there isn't a Game2, it just seems like the Game2 screenshots from a while ago are starting to look more and more like ArmA.. Probobaly because there hasn't been many new Game2 screenshots, orr *Conspiricy music* the "Game 2 screenshots" were acctualy just up to date ArmA screenshots?

Anyway, thats my rumour starting done.. tounge2.gif

- Ben

Guest Ti0n3r

Yea I kinda agree. I think the current ArmA is what Game 2 was supposed to be, while Game 2 turned into "Game 3".

Yea I kinda agree. I think the current ArmA is what Game 2 was suposed to be, while Game 2 turned into "Game 3".

I disagree. The central elements of Game 2 were the Role-playing and new engine. Arma has neither.

Just because the soldiers in Arma are dressed in desert camo this doesn't mean that Game 2 never existed or that Game 2 has become Game 3.

Armed Assault is a vastly improved OFP but it's not ground breaking. A true OFP sequel has to be as innovative as the original and this is why Game 2 with it's RPG elements is the only true heir to the throne.

ArmA was supposed to be an engine upgrade of OFPR, and it wasn't much. However, BIS tend to add more and more things from their technical arsenal into whatever they have.

ArmA definitely got more stuff in it then what was initially planned for, but Game 2 still has other stuff that distinguishes itself from ArmA.

I would like to see a "Script Library". This would be a folder that you could place all the script's you collect. You could give them a short name such as "ParaSup" for parachute tesupply. Then in the mission editor have a drop down box for scripts and select the one you want. This way it would add the information to the mission and save you from having to place copies of scripts in each mission, the editor would do this for you. Something like this would save time for mission builders.

For me OFP screen shots look fine but when you blow them up in another window they kind of loose there texture a little bit because of how big the picture gets.

I personally think that the games are going to take quite some time to release they say in 2006, but maybe both games will be released in 2007. We really don't know, just how ever long they test the bugs and gameplay but hey no complaints, I can use my time wisely with OFPR and other versions.

Hopefully soon as possible though. biggrin_o.gif

I'm really looking forward to e3. I have a feeling BIS is going to reveal some surprises.

I'm really looking forward to e3. I have a feeling BIS is going to reveal some surprises.

i agree.. wink_o.gif

i agree..  wink_o.gif

man i wish i had won that Gamespot Undercover E3 thing, damn it... oh well gonna kick back and watch the surprises pop up from home smile_o.gif

i dont.. lol maybe a few screenshots.

I wounder why you don't believe BIS woun't surprise us again?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Does any one know if in the reload we se the caracter taking the magazine? our will be like in ofp

one thing i wonder is will magazines be able to be reloaded like old ofp ways sitting down or will some weapons be able to be reloaded while moving? I think smaller fire arms should be reloaded while moving slowly at least. wink_o.gif