Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

You can command groups with one button wink_o.gif

two_men_on_f5.jpg

telejunky

btw: i want to see some tanks chopping down some parts of the forest  inlove.gif

So there may be a possibility to command 100 men or ten per F-key? You are suppose to have massive battles in this game but there is still the 64 group limit.

inlove.gif

So there may be a possibility to command 100 men or ten per F-key? You are suppose to have massive battles in this game but there is still the 64 group limit.

But if they are all under 1 F-key it means they are all in 1 group whistle.gif

So now the question remains: How much units can be in a single group?

And im wondering how the AI will react with50 units under his command, will he split them up and let them do different things? Will they all march together trough a forest? biggrin_o.gif

http://www.armedassaults.de/cms/content/images/two_men_on_f5.jpg

telejunky

btw: i want to see some tanks chopping down some parts of the forest inlove.gif

would be fine for me smile_o.gif

64 groups will be enough!

in OFP RES we could only have 63 groups with 12 units each.

now we can have 63 groups with more then 12 units each. yay.gif

im happy with it.

-Dawnrazor @ Aug. 25 2006,15:15)]
<!--QuoteBegin--

-Dawnrazor+Aug. 25 2006,14:59--><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (

-Dawnrazor @ Aug. 25 2006,14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What???

No t80 and T90

M1 vs T72 in MP???

That sounds very very bad sad_o.gif

Huh? Elaborate please? huh.gif

Is there a T-80 or T-90 at Armed Assault to have it balanced tank to the M1A1 Abrams of the US?

Markus Kurzawa: No, there are only T-72s, a lot of T-72s. The count will bring the balance.

read here

Who says war is fair anyway?

But you can balance it by giving the other team perhaps more AT soldiers? smile_o.gif

Is it just me, or do the vehicles in the latest trailer seem to accelerate from standing to a very high speed almost instantly? See the shot of the two hummers on the hill (one reversing) for example.

Also, it appears to me that the target of the two M1s in the last tank scene of the trailer is being propelled rediculously far by being hit by the M1s.

I was hoping that Arma would really forfil the wishes of the armour users in OFP, but it seems we will not be seeing that, I wanted more than the BF2 experience, personally.

The video is playedback 1,5-2 times the normal speed. (If you have the divx. version)

The video is playedback 1,5-2 times the normal speed. (If you have the divx. version)

Is there any other version around?

Yawn.

If you wish to troll on the forums please remember to use the correct forum trolling account which has the username of "I have been perm banned from the forums", thanks.

The latest "ArmA Progress Updates" (like most "ArmA Progress Updates" so far, btw) made me yawn, and so I said so. If I am not allowed to do that in this here official forum thread, then this place doesn't even deserve the name "forum" and it'd almost make me proud to be banned from it permanently. Thanks in advance.

Yawn.

If you wish to troll on the forums please remember to use the correct forum trolling account which has the username of "I have been perm banned from the forums", thanks.

The latest "ArmA Progress Updates" (like most "ArmA Progress Updates" so far, btw) made me yawn, and so I said so. If I am not allowed to do that in this here official forum thread, then this place doesn't even deserve the name "forum" and it'd almost make me proud to be banned from it permanently. Thanks in advance.

What wouldnt make you yawn then? huh.gif

No one claimed that you're not allowed to have a contrary or negative opinion. But whatever your opinion, one word replies don't contribute much to the discussion and only add to the already impressive pile of worstless posts. Perhaps an extra comment would have been constructive

OK guys, lets settle down and talk about our game that those BIS chaps are making for us  biggrin_o.gif

I think it looks ruddy fantastic!  Although i did spot one thing i was unsure about.  Check it out at 1:02.  The spot with the all those guys running at the camera.  You'll see the level of detail change; the grass, and distant trees all "pop" into high level.  Best i can explain, go look your self.

I am pleased that they chose to use the forum abrieviation of ArmA in the official vid too! yay.gif

No one claimed that you're not allowed to have a contrary or negative opinion.  But whatever your opinion, one word replies don't contribute much to the discussion and only add to the already impressive pile of worstless posts.  Perhaps an extra comment would have been constructive

bingo. this is the reason why placebo warned you.

second, let's not go off topic and get back to ARMA updates.

60?? Well I hope the AI has improved a helluva lot (which it sounds like...supress and flank... inlove.gif ) Because with 12 in ofp1 I had a hard time commanding them and keeping them all alive.

Something I wonder though, if you create color-coded groups I wonder if it would be possible for AI to take over them and have them do their own thing. Of course, you could recall them back at any moment.

60?? Well I hope the AI has improved a helluva lot (which it sounds like...supress and flank... inlove.gif ) Because with 12 in ofp1 I had a hard time commanding them and keeping them all alive.

Something I wonder though, if you create color-coded groups I wonder if it would be possible for AI to take over them and have them do their own thing. Of course, you could recall them back at any moment.

I wanted that in OFP.  It would be so much easier to have 'team red' act as a complettely seperate group untill you call them back.

...actually, i gues you could do it with some slight scripting...say you split off 5,6,7 and 8 to be team red. You could get 6,7 and 8 to become a different team (say, bravo) and have them follow number 5 around. this way you would only be responsible for one man. Then when "all are team white" 6,7 and 8 join your team again! Hay, that would work!!! wow_o.gif

I wanted that in OFP. It would be so much easier to have 'team red' act as a complettely seperate group untill you call them back.

...actually, i gues you could do it with some slight scripting...say you split off 5,6,7 and 8 to be team red. You could get 6,7 and 8 to become a different team (say, bravo) and have them follow number 5 around. this way you would only be responsible for one man. Then when "all are team white" 6,7 and 8 join your team again! Hay, that would work!!! wow_o.gif

it was all possible in ofp1 just it needed coding by community.

a little piece of what you speak btw it works with ms speech to texr for the two thing at a time .

Is there any other version around?

yeah several by now.

ArmedAssault.eu synced the audio and video file again and converted it to .wmv

I re-encoded it again for our site and brought it down to 12MB but it's in the members section of our site. So I guess ArmedAssault.eu has the best version available for public viewing.

Quote[/b] ]I hope you've learned your lesson. If the people wouldn't (and probably as a main scenario in this case - the publishers) said anything about the graphics and had been statisfied with the status in the past, you'll never get this version of ArmA you have today.

Oh come on, it's not like BIS needs some whining gfx whores to tell them what looks good and what doesn't or how to program a kick-ass gfx engine. Crying about every little glitch on the early developement version screenshots didn't contribute absolutely anything no matter how much you'd love to believe that it did.

Ha ha! That's cheap...flaming and discredit me and ppl who share my opinion as a "whiner" shows it. But you're outing yourself as someone who eats everything he gets on his table.

Fact: ArmA wouldnt be this like if noone said anything. Do you seriously think someone do more (Time is money my friend) than he must? On what kind of parameter should BIS measure when not on them who will buy their product? It's very easy to follow... Everyone statisfied = End of development. And sorry if i break your dreams but BIS isn't your personel friend- BIS is a company wich try to make money in a material world. If you're too young to understand this intrust yourself to someone who can help you out.

The result proofs what is possible and they even added VBS1 elements into it. It also proofs that fellas like you were and are wrong with your opinion. It's 2006 and of course they have to change their strategy. And they did well. If you are now pissed off because you have to change your old 800 Mhz into a new standart, i don't really care. I just wonder why ppl like you are in the ArmA-Forum at all? OFP gives so much - even for your 800 Mhz! So why leave? If you give a shit about the realism and the look of a game so stay at OFP-CWC..we are fine with this decision.

The Rest of us who enjoying the technolgic possibilities wont shut their eyes. We will criticize like we did. And because BIS is down with the com they will hear and decide wich critics are constructive and wich are not. People like you aren' good for BIS. Sorry to say that. But its simple. If there noone who pushes you to the limit, you'll never find your limit.

I try to get the best from BIS. And again....we can be very thankful that BIS is listen to the com.

LOL! If only ppl like you were here, BIS had just created a patch with a new netcode and JIP probably.... rofl.gif ....for free.

Okay..seriously. English is not my native language but i hope you and the others understand what its about.

Ok so a few days ago someone wrote that some german publisher had picked up Arma,, but then later someone discredited it by saying that 5 other publishers were also supposed to pick it up in the past,, so is it time to start holding our breath now or what? huh.gif

Ok so a few days ago someone wrote that some german publisher had picked up Arma,, but then later someone discredited it by saying that 5 other publishers were also supposed to pick it up in the past,, so is it time to start holding our breath now or what? huh.gif
Quote[/b] ]

When do you think a gold status will be near?

Jiri Rydl: That’s hard to answer. Maybe in 2 or 3 months. I know we said this also at E3 but there was a lot of new developments at the last months. So Yes, maybe in 2 or 3 months.

no unless your the man from atlantis.