Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

But i think that afaik BIS said that they will release a MP-Demo a few months before and the single player quite near the release of ArmA, or? And Q3 ends on september so the mp demo would be released only one month before the great game is released...

Personally i hope for the MP demo only around july-aug, IF the release date are 2006 sep.

But this is only speculation. Actually i even query the 2006 Q3 release date... icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok, its just speculations and speculations... But, remember the old flashpoint demo ! It was out a long time before the game release... And this little demo was the first step of the HUDGE game success !

BIS perfectly know this. It's why I think they will release the mp demo very soon.

My second argument is that BIS have already create this MP demo. We all see the video of this demo...

They are just waiting the right moment to release it. And the right moment is... Now, or in the week.

Why ?

Because of the long waiting of the community. I think they want make a gift for us. And i think that this gift is the mp DEMO. inlove.gif

The game is nowhere near finished, BIS will never release a crucial demo for a product that still got only one or more undecided publishers if the product quality is at least represented 100 percent in demo. A demo with bugs and missing game elements will be suicide for BIS.

Here at the forums and it the outer world.

That means not 100 done -> why should there be a demo right now ?

That´s highly unrealistic. We have waited for some time already, who cares about 3 months more ?

Quote[/b] ]Status: 85 percent done

well , they going quick since e3 evaluation copy;), its only 71% done

wip version 0.71

engine version 2.92

Operation Flashpoint DEMO was not an 100 % done demo...

We all can see in the video that Arma is already 100 % playable ! We dont have any idea of what is still missing... We are sure that the AI is not 100% make. But an MP Demo mission dont need a 100 % AI... I think the last 25 % are just little details, like vehicules, missions, musics, dialogs... But the ARMA core is ready. Its why all the community expect a demo. Its why BIS is going to release a demo !

Armed Assault isn't 100% playable. Maybe the parts they showed in the video were playable, but that's long not everything. There are still a couple of things that need to be fixed or even implemented, as the participants of the OFP Workshop II had to notice. The demo we saw still had errors, and that some parts in one single demo mission work, doesn't mean, that everything in the game works.

So the weapon slot system was missing entirely. There were still a couple of graphical bugs. As Bals mentioned, it's not done yet. So stop nagging at BIS.

LOL !

That exactly what i SAID ! A demo is not all the game. And make a demo dont need to have finish all the game.

That exactly what i SAID ! A demo is not all the game. And make a demo dont need to have finish all the game.

Well, but read the posts above. BIS may or may not have a publisher yet. If they release a buggy demo, they'll be lynched.

Also it is not true that the Armed Assault engine is ready. Maybe you can basically play, but the last bits to be added are generally not details and models, but heavylasting bugs which of course would also appear in the demo.

All in all, let's just stop the speculation, won't we? If BIS do or do not release a demo is their job. It's ours to wait and stop speculating, which helps us exactly nothing.

I did a little sketch which shows pretty well the actual situation:

speculation.gif

We could start a poll letting people choose with or without speculation . . .

LOL

this reminds me my old classes in University .. hehe

A.S.S. wink_o.gif (Analise Simulation System ) (in portuguese)

Niceone Hardrock. Hope this keeps them quiet for some time :P

Well I gotta say, the longer they wait with the release, the more features they can build in, and hunt bugs in dev time. You dont want 50 patches as ofp had do you?

And im already fantasising what could be done with the nested animations. Damn, we can build fully animated pontoon bridges, cranes, segment doors, lawnmowers, Striders, sheep... This list is endless!

oh ye.. armed assault is out!

lol.. just kidding.. dont kill me! nener.gif

Hmmm, different kinds of Demo's are possible.

Free Demo at time of release of ArmA for ppl who consider buying ArmA. I couldn't care less about this one (cause i allready know i will buy the full game)

Teaser Demo some time before full release for ppl who already know they will buy the damned game and just want too have a bit of fun some time in advance.

Vlad is talking about the 2nd option. I tend to agree that this is a possible scenario even if ArmA isn't 100% finished.

(Why not a 'leaked' demo to get the hype going and maybe get more publishers attention ... but i'm getting paranoid now:)

but back on progress updates and discussion smile_o.gif

following link is good read and suggestions about how made good tactical FPS game

http://dslyecxi.com/bestoftactical.html

I was going to post this link in standalone thread

but i think keeping it here in discussion is better so let's discuss smile_o.gif

p.s. leaked buggy demo can do more harm than good ...

but i think keeping it here in discussion is better so let's discuss smile_o.gif

Ehem... *hinthint* wink_o.gif

/edit: @hardrock: Check this, there you see who speculates most wink_o.gif

Ehem... *hinthint* wink_o.gif

/edit: @hardrock: Check this, there you see who speculates most wink_o.gif

oh well must messed my search somehow smile_o.gif

but good things deserve bump anyway smile_o.gif

RIGHT TOPIC?

i have postet first at bis-ingame.net biggrin_o.gif

-> http://www.worthplaying.com/article....order=0

Publisher: TBA (To Be Announced) pff blamabel

Release Date: Q3 2006

edit: I cant find a TBH Publisher crazy_o.gif

For what does TBA stand?

ey verdammt, ich fresse einen Besen wenn TBH ne Abkürzung für: "Publisher gesucht" steht

Quote[/b] ]Once in a mission, we got to see the game in action, and it was pretty easy to see the same glimmers of gameplay that made Operation Flashpoint so enjoyable. Within seconds, we were shown an urban clash between advancing U.S. infantry and a dug-in northern contingent taking up firing positions in a village on the top of a hill. As the demonstrator and his forces slowly inched their way up the hill, the battle raged, but it was clear that the fact that the hillside was devoid of cover was going to play a heavy hand in the U.S. force's defeat.

Oooh, sounds good!

edit: TBA: To Be Announced (spelling?)

yes yes :/ iam a big ideoto ^^

have not simply got on... me band.gif here

It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. It is only a game. banghead.gif

"Though a European release has been slated for this autumn"

I hope that's right. Even if it doesn't release in the US right away, we'll still find a way to get a copy. Just release it somewhere damnit and soooon. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

A very nice and positive preview. That's what we need xmas_o.gif

Finally, good to read something about the game again smile_o.gif

I want it more and more by each day. Only "bad" thing is that with a fall release I will have less time playing it sad_o.gif