Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]You should also know that there are apparantly legal issues with using content in OFP/ArmA directly from VBS, and that BIS has different intentions than BIA.

other way around dude,

there is issues using OFP content in VBS. not VBS content in OFP.

and BIA has bretty much the same intentions as BIS... unless Marek has sold BIA...

===

Quote[/b] ]Last but not least, the vbs1 special offer pack. here u can see fantastic textures and models we hopefully see again in ArmA. Also u can see the Piracy Protection - The USB CDKey Stick - VBS1 Special Offer $266

that would be 266 australian dollar....US = 199,00 smile_o.gif

===

and I don't know if they will puplish ArmA but "Cenega CZ" has ArmA on his site with a RD for V.06

http://www.cenega.cz/

excel sheet pic:

http://spoock.euweb.cz/forum_avatar/datum_vydani_arma.jpg

excel sheet:

http://www.cenega.cz/files/release.xls

===

Hm these debates seem to come up far too often, with rumours and speculasion being thrown into the mixed too, adding more confusion to the new people that visit. I think one of the moderaters should make a new locked sticky topic listing all the 'hard' facts about Arma that have already been released into the community, and also a small explination of the differences between 'game 2' and Arma. As it seems far too often we get new people in here that get confused between the two and ask about release dates, has it been cancelled, isit the same game but with better graphics, is there backwards compatiblity, isnt it the same as 'game 2', are these screens Arma or 'game 2' etc....

Man, i just noticed how many posts i got wow_o.gif

yeah,

I am surprised myself for how long placebo let this thread go.

guess there is a reason for it, but honestly, half this thread is full of &$$§&...

Quote[/b] ]

THIS LOOKS AS GOOD AS IF NOT BETTER THAN GAME 2

...not too sure about that.

Have a look at these images i found (you may have seen them before but i hadn't)

Look at theses guys;

[im]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/138/914623_20050519_screen025.jpg[/img]>100kb

Now look at this fellow;

[im]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/138/914623_20050519_screen024.jpg[/img]>100kb

(note his shadow, looks good? But how come theres no shadow on the floor(!wink_o.gif)

It's things like this that make me think it may be worth hanging on untill 'flashpoint 2' is out.

maybe that is why they would call it..."under development".

or having shadows off?

The issue was cleared up months and months ago, it's a shame people don't regurgitate facts with their regurgitated news wink_o.gif

The screenshots were early alpha, the shadow bug was noticed and fixed even before the screenshots went public, we left the missing shadow screenshot in during our E3 presentations to show the pics weren't photoshopped or edited in any way smile_o.gif

The screenshots were early alpha, the shadow bug was noticed and fixed even before the screenshots went public, we left the missing shadow screenshot in during our E3 presentations to show the pics weren't photoshopped or edited in any way smile_o.gif

Now there's professionalism for you... wink_o.gif

The issue was cleared up months and months ago, it's a shame people don't regurgitate facts with their regurgitated news wink_o.gif

this is the sort of thing im on about, just a topic with all little facts like this in stickyed at the top will stop people bringing this same thing up 20 pages on from now. whistle.gif

Sensei: "Ed Gruberman, you lack patience."

Ed: "Yeah, yeah, I need patience - How long will that take!?"

rofl.gif

Humor mirrors reality. I'm biting at the bullet for this too, but I've made a mental (read: crazy) note to not get excited, period. crazy_o.gif

Then I can have a pleasant stroke when it goes gold. whistle.gif

Things are very quiet latelly, no new updates or good news.. just speculation and strange ideas, soon it will be one year after last years E3 and.. The forum is becoming a diferent place, i miss the excitement of the old days sad_o.gif .

*starts a fire*

There ya go, that should keep you occupied...

*Walks away* whistle.gif

Seriously though, let them work, we'll see something soon...

The forum is becoming a diferent place, i miss the excitement of the old days .

me, too.... sad_o.gif

make ya kinda fell like you're on a sinking ship, and there are no life rafts.

I agree with Kyle.

Shouldn't y'all be playing OFP and waiting patiently? I'm having an awesome time! And I had OFP the second it came out in Australia.

I come in here to see whats in the "ArmA Progress Update".

It's all OT crap.

How about some actual ontopic progress news?

Sorry i upset so many people with these images.

First: Sorry i posted images that were too big.  For future could you tell me what the max size is and the prefered size please?

Second: I wasn't putting BIS down, i was only saying that these early shots look pretty good, so when the next games does come out it should be fantastic.

Sorry. Sorry everyone. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]§9)Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

I see. Sorry.

Just check OFP:E on Xbox, there is your ArmA-lite-demo for you, in terms of AI and immersion (grass, sea, etc.). Now throw in full-blown mission editor, hires, viewdistance, no constructionpoints limit and you've a pretty good idea what ArmA will be like (yeah, fab!).

It's my .02 cents but i'm betting ArmA will be more a continuation of OFP:E than of OFP.

Anyway, i'm having a heck of a time with OFP:E, with hardly any nightrest since it came out end october 2005. Made a movie. OFP:E Lighthouse trailer, 7 mins (45MB) ... http://www.maxqubit.com/ofpe-lighthouse-trailer.avi

It's all OT crap.

so i guess you're the only one that comes in here for that... yea sure.

off topic, what did you expect? there isnt anything we'd call news to talk about.

about ontopic progress news, what are you saying? you know something the rest of us dont? how about you share, seeing that you know more on the subject then the rest of us.

i compleatly agree that if there isnt any news to talk about, people should just stop posting all together in here untill there is news.   banghead.gif

It's all OT crap.

so i guess you're the only one that comes in here for that... yea sure.

off topic, what did you expect? there isnt anything we'd call news to talk about.

about ontopic progress news, what are you saying? you know something the rest of us dont? how about you share, seeing that you know more on the subject then the rest of us.

i compleatly agree that if there isnt any news to talk about, people should just stop posting all together in here untill there is news.   banghead.gif

Ok guys, play nice.

We're all exited about the release and just want to talk with like minded people. When actual news does come out, you can be sure to find it here. thumbs-up.gif

Waiting for the future is stupid, you could be dead tomorrow. Never wait for the next game. Play what is available! Heavily modded OFP or Xbox/OFP:E.

Waiting for the future is stupid, you could be dead tomorrow.

Wow mad_o.gif that's really lightened my day up, lol  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

'good things come to those who wait'

ArmA should be bloody tremendous, we've been waiting year! crazy_o.gif

This topic is going well off topic at the moment...I think we need some thing to pull us back on track:

What do we know so far?

We know;

there is a new game due to come out

it will have 'join in multi play'

it has a masive new island

it has the old islands from OFP (including nogova???)

it has a brand new campaign

We don't know;

when it'll come out

Who will publish it

it's offiicial release name

minimum spec

cost

Is that a fare recap??