Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

There's this game being developed in the Ukraine called STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. It was due to be released in October, 2003. Can you imagine? The same year as Call of Duty, Halo, and Knights of the Old Republic. AND it's been scheduled to be released several times a year since then... This game isn't late, and they aren't jerking us around.... not even close.

As far as I remember, Flashpoint 2 was originally scheduled for release in June 2006.  THis was before the Codemaster split.  Now, I understand the Codemaster retain the Flashpoint title, and still intend to release a game called Flashpoint2.

Now Armed Assault has been anounced and the most recent indications show that it is also scheduled for June(H1) 2006 release....

Can we expect the offical Flashpoint 2 to go head to head with the 'Real' Flashpoint sequal (AKA Armed Assault) ?

Edit1: I can't find the 2006 info yet, but here is an anouncement that says 2004

I'll keep looking though...I'm sure i read 2006 somewere

Edit2: Forget it all, i can't back up what i said, just the ramblings of an old man.

Roll on Armed Assault!! I can't wait...no really i can't! I've started work on a time machine, I'll probably have it ready before H1 2006. Then I can go into the future, pickup the game when it reaches the budget shelves, aquire the seventeen patches and all of the expansion packs and community built addons, then travel back to this point in time. Then I can stop myself writing this post, and have a mulitplayer game with myself! I'll let you know how good it is soon wink_o.gif

I'll let you know how good it is soon  wink_o.gif

...I'm back! I travelled to the year 2010, the world is quite different! Half of the US has sunken into the sea, and Russia has dried up and is now a desert!

And would you beleive it, Armed Assault still has not been released!

I give up, I'll just play Solitaire for ever... crazy_o.gif

Guys is there still no date on the release on AA? Wow these guys take long and really mess us around......

hehe you think it's long? wow_o.gif I've waited OFP for about 4 years.

You need to build patience my friend. wink_o.gif

I'll let you know how good it is soon  wink_o.gif

...I'm back!  I travelled to the year 2010, the world is quite different!  Half of the US has sunken into the sea, and Russia has dried up and is now a desert!

And would you beleive it,  Armed Assault still has not been released!

I give up, I'll just play Solitaire for ever... crazy_o.gif

lol wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You guys speculate too much.

I think they are aiming for an E3 promotional gig - little iin the way of screenshots means keeping stuff under raps. Those screenshots we have seen have seen LARGE improvements.

With E3 the studio gets a lot more launch hype than a few lucky magazine articles here or there.

Armed assault won't be a medeocre improvement on flashpoint, it will be a majorly improved version (and as far as I think it is they will try and develope game 2 afterwards) It will concentrate a lot on the gameplay & playability as opposed to perfect graphics to test the market for a flashpoint 2. There arn't very many games like it out there.

All I can see so far is that the developers are keeping to more or less a sensible operating plan, indeed setting up and running these forums is just another part of the business implementation plan - to establish a forum, and hold off the gimmicks until that time.

Once you split from the publisher, and you have a solid game, you want to ensure it's success. Just because someone is hanging out to play the game bad and has litterally seen only a few screenshots and are whipping themselves up into a speculative frensy, almost threatening self harm and demanding more - that would make a physchiatrist rub their hands together with prospective future clients at hand. is not a reason to keep us up to date and spoil the release or get bogged down listning to a community that probably won't ever be satisfied.

I think they do have some business acumen about them and I think the final product will be great.

Chill out guys...

All they doing is keeping to a business plan.

I think they are aiming for an E3 promotional gig - little iin the way of screenshots means keeping stuff under raps. Those screenshots we have seen have seen LARGE improvements.

With E3 the studio gets a lot more launch hype than a few lucky magazine articles here or there.

Armed assault won't be a medeocre improvement on flashpoint, it will be a majorly improved version (and as far as I think it is they will try and develope game 2 afterwards) It will concentrate a lot on the gameplay & playability as opposed to perfect graphics to test the market for a flashpoint 2. There arn't very many games like it out there.

All I can see so far is that the developers are keeping to more or less a sensible operating plan, indeed setting up and running these forums is just another part of the business implementation plan - to establish a forum, and hold off the gimmicks until that time.

Once you split from the publisher, and you have a solid game, you want to ensure it's success. Just because someone is hanging out to play the game bad and has litterally seen only a few screenshots and are whipping themselves up into a speculative frensy, almost threatening self harm and demanding more  - that would make a physchiatrist rub their hands together with prospective future clients at hand. is not a reason to keep us up to date and spoil the release or get bogged down listning to a community that probably won't ever be satisfied.

I think they do have some business acumen about them and I think the final product will be great.

Chill out guys...

That's the most intelligent post I've read in these forums for months!   notworthy.gif

almost threatening self harm and demanding more...

...Now theres an idea!

Give us a playable demo...or I'll...cut off my little fingure with...a hering!! crazy_o.gif

I think your pretty close ...

Tho this image makes you think about it true or not?

IMAGE LINK

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), "Where Business Gets Fun," is the world's premiere trade event exclusively dedicated to showcasing interactive entertainment and educational software and related products. E3 2006 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 10 – 12. Conferences are held May 9 – 11 and the show floor is open May 10 – 12.

does that mean its coming out May 06 ?

BIS said It doesn't have a publisher and on the pic you posted it has :/.

well after a minute of Google search I found this on JRC czech

.JRC czech

Got something to do with games. Looks like a E-shop

Check my latest OFP:E vid 'Landing' (link see sig) for waves and a working lighthouse.

(Posting this because i presume these elements will be in ArmA too)

Chill out guys...

i rather think ,thelack of info has more to do with ,the competition , than any big e3 gig.

competition

For me AI is a very very big factor. OFP(E)/ArmA has it roots in VBS (or the other way around, i'm not sure, but anyway). How about 'the competition'? Are they up to it in terms of AI?

Check my latest OFP:E vid 'Landing' (link see sig) for waves and a working lighthouse.

(Posting this because i presume these elements will be in ArmA too)

Looking forward to seeing your OFP E Landing video!  biggrin_o.gif

However, with File Fronts crappy bandwidth giving only about 12kbs at present despite me having 2Meg broadband, I won't be commenting about it just yet!  pistols.gif   - Maybe next week!   rofl.gif

For me AI is a very very big factor. OFP(E)/ArmA has it roots in VBS (or the other way around, i'm not sure, but anyway). How about 'the competition'? Are they up to it in terms of AI?

Well, as far as Soldner is concerned, that's where ArmA will win hands down. Soldner did originally ship with a singleplayer campaign, but the AI was so bad that the devs gave up on it and concentrated purely on the the multiplayer instead... wink_o.gif

It wouldn't make any difference about the competition that was always out there from the beggining altering any promotional aspects IMHO. Flashpoint is an established name along with BI with specific genre of games. Getting signatures and iimpressing guru's is the idea of E3. The more they have to impress the better. However, like said, I wouldn't be wasting my paid time trying to keep up with possible demands from the community etc. They've had since 2001 to look at the game and I have no doubt they have. They are a business like any other - they need to apportion time to the stuff that really matters, and they've had more than a few years experience of marketing.

Lets look at it from a truthfull point of view. until things are wholly developed ready for launch, why put the cart before the horse. I certainly wouldn't. If you put the cart before the horse it drags you downhill till you crash in an untidy mess IMHO.

another day and nothing i bought joint ops and the expansion pack because i really carnt see this game anytime soon

i hope im wrong but we will see

and before i hear u shout judas and joint ops is crap

i pay Å6 pound a month for a armed assualt clan site

i built for the release sad_o.gif

What's your problem? I've read the interview too and I didn't see any problem with it, still gonna buy ArmA, of course. tounge2.gif

i have no problem with armed asualt

just the waiting nener.gif

don`t know if it`s mentioned ...

Quote[/b] ]20.–21.03.2006

Representatives of IDEA Games are ready to meet you at the industry event Game Connection at San Jose where they will present the upcoming titles Armed Assault by Bohemia Interactive and Alpha Prime by Black Element Software. Don’t hesitate to request a meeting.

source

i guess will have some info soon ... ura ura ura biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- Access to a personal Game Connection Online Account to arrange your meetings with publishers

Hope they find one.