Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

I really HOPE that the following things are included,

-Linux dedicated server

-patches = decent support from BIS (not like we saw in the last 2 years)

-anti-cheat technology.

Without these things the game is doomed to fail...

The last two years, i.e. 2003/4 onwards were 2/3 years after the game was released. Many developers don't support their games past 6-12 months after the release. BIS certainly haven't been any different in this respect.

Yeah, that is quite a ridiculous demand. Sure, BIS could've made another PC release instead of the x-box game and so on but it's really naive to think that the developer should be your slave for the rest of eternity when you buy their game for 50 euros or so. I mean isn't OFP goty well worth that amount of money even out of the box as a single player game?

I hope that in ArmA on the loadout screen in multiplayer that the "Im ready" button and the "disconnect" button are not right next to each other.

Grrrr

That is all.

I would like a realistic satellite image of the map from above during breifings aswell as a map and only the team leader to have the option to actually draw like paint on the map allowing quicker and more precise explanations of the mission and so you dont have to find the correct marker everytime. that and the majority of the ideas already thrown out. smile_o.gif

Come on, BIS made something like 10 patches, thats at least 9 more then most other developers!

Also, after 1.96 they said that they stopped supporting the game wink_o.gif

I hope that in ArmA on the loadout screen in multiplayer that the "Im ready" button and the "disconnect" button are not right next to each other.

Why ? This was a nice OFP "feature" tounge2.gif

Why ? This was a nice OFP "feature"  tounge2.gif

Yes i loved that, after waiting for 30 minites to start you pressed the wrong button, and the admin went AFK so you could find another server to do it all over again... rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Come on, BIS made something like 10 patches, thats at least 9 more then most other developers!

Also, after 1.96 they said that they stopped supporting the game wink_o.gif

Yup sure but you forget that the game was unplayable in multiplayer untill version 1.75.

Version 1.0 (as the continent europe we had to do the beta for the US release )

Game was completely unplayable, planes fell out of the air, u had need of 60 bulletes to shoot somebody down, tanks fell in holes, lag as you have never seen before.

None of the coldwar patches could really resolve the issues.

version 1.2

version 1.26

version 1.27

version 1.28

version 1.3

version 1.46

That means we had 6 patches before we could play a decent game confused_o.gif

That also means we had spent 100€ (coldwarcrisis and redhammer) for a game that supposed to have MP capabilities , but in fact did not have them.

Just after spending 150€ (coldwar -redhammer-resistance) we were able to play a decent game. (this was in half 2003 while the original was released in 2001)

How can you state in this context that they actually delivered good support while we had to wait for 6 patches before we could play the game online! I mean C'MON.

You got seriously ripped off with that 150 euro, i payed maybe one third of that. whistle.gif

BTW it's the first game ever from BIS so it having problems is natural.

And what is it that you want patched in CWC? I mean BIS kept patching it until they thought it was in a good enough state, what's your problem with it now, what needs a fix?

None of the coldwar patches could really resolve the issues.

version 1.2

version 1.26

version 1.27

version 1.28

version 1.3

version 1.46

That means we had 6 patches before we could play a decent game confused_o.gif

At least BIS keeps supporting the game and add new cars/weapons in the updates, look at the situation now. You have so called "plugins" that add some armour on your horse in Oblivion, BF2 has so called "booster packs". BTW it was BIS first game so tounge2.gif.

Oh yea and lets not forget the thousand of free addons (pack/expansions) for OFP:R

I would like to see in ARMA an Option of Wind (stronger <---> lower) like we have those other options about weather (in that tool bar)... thumbs-up.gif

If dynamic trees appear in ARMA it will turn enviroment more realistic then it is.

I once saw in a movie about OFP Elite XBOX, and the trees moved with the wind, also the bushes.

OFP XBOX movie: <span style='color:blue'>ofpe-battle-at-le-port-trailer.avi</span> (85.62 MB)

If too much wind it would affect the bullet direction, smoke, fire, waves, clowds etc.. depending on the strenght of the wind.

I dont mind to wait 3 or 4 more month(s) if BIS could implement this in that time.

edit:<ul>In wind option we could choose (no wind) |-------> (strong wind)

Also the direction of the wind.

I would like to see in ARMA an Option of Wind (stronger <---> lower) like we have those other options about weather (in that tool bar)... thumbs-up.gif

If dynamic trees appear in ARMA it will turn enviroment more realistic then it is.

I once saw in a movie about OFP Elite XBOX, and the trees moved with the wind, also the bushes.

OFP XBOX movie: <span style='color:blue'>ofpe-battle-at-le-port-trailer.avi</span> (85.62 MB)

If too much wind it would affect the bullet direction, smoke, fire, waves, clowds etc.. depending on the strenght of the wind.

I dont mind to wait 3 or 4 more month(s) if BIS could implement this in that time.

Why have the option to choose the direction of the wind?

Much more fun to calculate it from the trees neaby the place u shoot

Grrrr

That is all.

I agree, so many times in multiplayer I have disconnected while in the briefing.

Maybe a little "Are you sure? Yes/No" would be appropriate to prevent accidental disconnects.

Or when you're about to write something, and then decide not to and press esc: tadaa, sometimes it results in immediate disconnect. Better option is to delete the message and press enter by the way (because blank messages aren't sent to others).

the way you said it should be random, right?

by beeing random it could be anoying.. imagine you didnt want to play a windy mission, you could select it how that mission should be played.

I tryed to write the answer but words don't come out.. well i have the idea but cannot explain atm..

maybe someone could help me why should exist the option for the direction of the wind...

i let this open for good ideas..

Guest Ti0n3r

I definitely would like to have the option to set the wind strength myself (and also the option to set it to random strength). One good reason; Paradroping.

If the objective of a mission is to para drop unto a small island the mission maker would want the wind to be weak, or else the paradroppers might end up in water. Dead.

the way you said it should be random, right?

by beeing random it could be anoying.. imagine you didnt want to play a windy mission, you could select it how that mission should be played.

I tryed to write the answer but words don't come out.. well i have the idea but cannot explain atm..

maybe someone could help me why should exist the option for the direction of the wind...

i let this open for good ideas..

Nevermind, I was drunk when I wrote that.

When I saw it now, I was like... Did I post in this thread?! Why is my name there?!

biggrin_o.gif

BIS say in PCFormat that " PCFs hands-on test reassured us that all the clipping errors from OFP have vanished. "

so we can assume all issues from OFP are solved, right?

there so..

is it possible, if this wind option is implemented, to when have heavy-dust in air in a way that difficults AI aiming or detecting soldiers trought the "sand storm"/dust like we have if we confront that situation?

As New ArmA pics look better then the "old" ones from Game 2 ill use an image from Game 2 to compair and show my idea.

Is this possible in ArmA, also influencing AI's detection trought dust?

game2_dust.jpg

Nevermind, I was drunk when I wrote that.

When I saw it now, I was like... Did I post in this thread?! Why is my name there?!

biggrin_o.gif

drunk.gif   rollwink.gif

BIS say in PCFormat that " PCFs hands-on test reassured us that all the clipping errors from OFP have vanished. "

so we can assume all issues from OFP are solved, right?

Well.. they fixed that in OFP:E already.. tounge2.gif

way to apply custom shaders and exchange default for custom (this mean way to implement tons of effects from heat, smoke, dust, reflections, refractions, haze, mist, ok w/e You imagine smile_o.gif

same for physics / static or dynamic destruction scripts linkable to any ingame object

some good importer/converter to be able use older units / missions from OFPR

but one thing is wish and second is reality

icon_rolleyes.gif

**I'm hoping also for equal or better scripting ability in the game.

**File handling and manipulation would be awesome too!

(like F-watch gives us!wink_o.gif.

**Multiple monitor support would be great too...

Don`t know if this is mentioned, but I want a bolt-action rifle with realistic reload animations.

BF2 actually pulls this one off quite well in terms of the M24.

(Howdy, I'm new here.)

One feature of OFP that just filled me with glee every time I experienced it:

Speed-of-sound simulation. If someone was firing a supersonic sniper round at you, you'd hear it hit the ground beside you before you heard the report of it being fired. Similarly, if you fired a tank round at a distant target, you'd see the explosion a few moments before you'd hear it.

Incidentally, does anyone know if this feature is in OFP:E?

The recent videos of Armed Assault seem to imply they've taken this feature out, and that makes me sad, though it could just be the way the trailers were compiled.