Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

Knives aren't used in an anti personel role... So drop it, rambo is fiction and poor John J. used the m16 as soon as he got his hands on it.

If you think you can just sneak up to someone for that oh so online ego boosting knife kill then though luck, don't even get your hopes up about stuff like that. You're gonna get shot at from 500 yards (or further) from the top of some random hill. You'll be compensating for the wind and bullet arc instead.

You have to constantly look around because in this game the enemy can come from any side. You can't go to the "edge of the map" (you'd be sitting on an open beach) and start looking at one way hoping that someone comes along there anyways. So "camping" in it's traditional sense is practically impossible. He's hiding in a building? Blow him up! On a hill top? Blow him up! He's somewhere in a city? Well blow him up soldier!

We are talking about 200+ square miles of terrain (and imagine the huge islands mods will be making) where someone could be anywhere, so i'd rather start going towards the objective with my squadmates then hunting campers with a knife.

Even if knife kills were possible... i doubt they would happen often. People would prolly write poems about the one time where ArmA player X managed to knife kill ArmA player Y, it would be that rare.

I want more of the same really. Just better multiplay net coding and more games, which I hear, is on the way.

Apart from that, a few things that will make me smile:

proper realisitc, unique gun physics. In the original, we all remember taking guys out at 500m with a silenced MP5, and you could also do it with a pistol.

Better Tank combat, we need range finders, IR sights etc

Fluid Jet controls, they were an arse to fly on the original. And again, on this subject, the sounds, for instance when a jet flys over you, needs to be more realistic, not just that awful whistling noise.

We also need more enterable buildings.

Quote[/b] ]martinovic Posted on July 28 2006,17:16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if knife kills were possible... i doubt they would happen often. People would prolly write poems about the one time where ArmA player X managed to knife kill ArmA player Y, it would be that rare.

Oh, now you've made a cult of people that want the poems! wink_o.gif Good points. I just would like the utility of it as an option.

how about knife maps only ? there are numerous mp maps where only hand guns are allowed

how about knife maps only ? there are numerous mp maps where only hand guns are allowed

you'd get into conflict with the reality guys.

The use for a knife could be as easy as having "knife destroyable objects". for example fences, maps, compasses, dropped weapons, backpacks, parashutes, maybe parts on a car/vehicle, etc. it could also be used by engineers to set up a wider variety of boobytraps. the time required for destruction would be written in the config (maybe for stuff like fences allow "helpers")

Ofcourse, the "knife destroyable objects" would also call for a new inventory system that treats parashutes and backpacks different from now, (and a special system if you want to class humans as "KDO's"). but what's unrealistic about destroying barb. fences with them? or using them on stored parashutes or wheels in a specop mission wink_o.gif .

You should be able to run faster with the knife out cause it's lighter than your rifle.

icon_rolleyes.gif

J/k thats what a CS kiddie would say.

But seriously I want bayonets thatd more realistic than a bunch of guys running around with knives in their hands.

any chance to see haze effect? would be nice on burning vehicules

Well, as far as I'm concerned the inclusion of TrackIR is all the reason I need to get this new title. I mean, I was going to get it anyway but TrackIR alone would have been enough smile_o.gif

As for new features not yet announced, I would like to see much improved indoor handling by the engine. OFP is the absolute best war title I have, but it lacks in both the very close and the very distant scenarios. By distant I mean flight sim distance, fast movers are generally not very well handled in OFP right now, but that's OK with me wink_o.gif

But I'd definately like to see better indoor handling, and with it better collision detection for built-up areas, for grenades etc.

... I'd definately like to see better indoor handling, and with it better collision detection for built-up areas, for grenades etc.

Agreed

Actually I just thought of another:

the ability to script entities to use roads only, for example for civilian traffic, they only ever will use roads, never go off-roading wink_o.gif in fact, have it as both an AI behaviour and a waypoint behaviour. That way we can make realistic convoys.

I want this to be possible in ArmA. Not only for eye candy, workable too when reloading.

Maybe two reloading anims needed:

one when soldier is taking mag from belt and put it on weapon

and the other remove mag and rotate it 180ÅŸ and put "same" (taped mag) in weapon.

Couldn't find pics with m16's but i know its very used.

img_0088.jpg

more

more

edit2: here you go:

hero_c004.jpg

edit3: big pic!

US Soldier using double mag(big pic! 863.91 KB)

Also, have you ever done this? The guy will scream and it wont just go "blrlblblbl" it'll be loud enough for people to hear. People like you are what ruin the OFP commuity.

As Scrub pointed out, you might want to actually study the facts about stabbing before you state that a person will scream anyway. Even if you look besides his explanation, it should be obvious that a knife kill, done right, will kill a person more silently than a silenced gun. First of all, I would think most people knew that humans make sounds by "pushing" air through the vocal chord. Therefor, cutting the throat or stabbing someone in the lungs, if done the right way, will make sure no air goes through the vocal chord, and therefor no sound. Something like cutting the wire to a stereos speaker. Second, when killing someone with a knife, you will be able to grab hold of the person, holding him up when you've killed him. That removed any noise that would come from that person falling.

Guest Ti0n3r

I hope we'll be able to run ArmA in 'window mode' without any troubles. The same goes for Alt + Tab'ing.

Modifyable weapons using one console, selecting a weapon then clicking some modification button which will allow you to add scopes, silencers and modifyed ammo clips (extended clips, armour piercing ammo, low velocity ammo)

p.s. sorry if this has been posted already, i did not see it on forum

I hope we'll be able to run ArmA in 'window mode' without any troubles. The same goes for Alt + Tab'ing.

OFP Launcher by kegetys allowed that in OFP!

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but will the ground be editable? EX: Trenches.

I've searched in this forum for my question and reported this thread, but i can't find any information so sorry if this is a repost. notworthy.gif

But what about the music in arma? In operation flashpoint i've liked so much the songs of Seventh.... thumbs-up.gif

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but will the ground be editable? EX: Trenches.

VBS2 has deformable terrian and it looks just like ArmA so maybe the engine will allow it.

VBS2 has deformable terrian and it looks just like ArmA so maybe the engine will allow it.

Extremely doubtful. Two different engines to start with ...

My old neighbour looked just like Tom Jones, he couldn't sing a note though wink_o.gif

OFP Launcher by kegetys allowed that in OFP!

You don't need a launcher, just the command line parameter -window will do.

By problems, I think Tioner ment the fact that the mouse cursor is not hidden and not locked to the screen in windowed mode. I think it should be locked and invisible and then freed when you alt+tab to make windowed mode a a bit more useful.

Btw, you can run ofp multiple times (like four for example) and have them all in the same MP mission, useful for testing locality issues and such smile_o.gif

One thing with OFP that's bothered me is how the enableradio command haven't ever worked properly in MP. So one thing that should be rather easy to implement, which I would like to have, would be the possibility to actually disable the radio totally in multiplayer, and also to disable single radio "channels" (i.e, disable sidechat and global chat, but none else).

I was wondering if there would be dynamic damage models on infantry and possibly on vehicles? So like if i shoot an ei in the hand on the hand gets damaged, and same would go for any other part of the body? How about when there is a big explosion, would the ei blow apart? For the vehicles i was thinking something like when you shoot your mg at a truck rolling buy bullet wholes would appear where you were hitting the truck. Shoot a vehicle in the gas tank and either it would explode(for gameplay) or just have fuel leaking out. And for the glass if i shoot the driver, only the glass in front of the driver would have lets say one bullet hole inline with the drivers head? Just some thoughts i had... Another thing i was wondering is if the player would be able to just walk into the cargo of an aircraft or stand in a vehicle while it is moving? How about drive a vehicle into an aircraft cargo and then take off, land and drive the vehicle out? I know this is possible in VBS1 and would love to see it in Armed Assault....Also to go along with the vehicles, the player has to open up the doors in order to get the action "get in", same to "get out". Would add to the realism. Just watch the VBS1 trailers. The ablility to do all this is already available!

I'm hoping that the sight picture is changed so you don't have to cut the target in half. It is a pain to shoot at a target the size of a pixel and you have to aim a bit over it to compensate for the longer distance. By doing that you can't see the target. The change to the sight is to make it so you put the target on top of the post instead of cutting the target in half with the post, Lolli Pop style. This is a better sight picture and the US military uses it. I know BF2 does this for the M16.

-Milkduster

I think if you collide at 100km/h with a jeep you should not survive, neither the jeep, same if you drive over a 100ft cliff crazy_o.gif (Nogova). So, realitic collision damage for vehicles.

The terrain should be much more complex now that the hardware allows it (to a certain extent...), I mean not the whole islands should allow a tank fight ! I'd like to see higher elevation changes, places where the terrain is so gnarly that vehicles can't go (or just THIS ) ... more rivers, creek beds, etc ! The screenshots I have seen so far of AA doesn't show it much different than OFP in this regard, GAME2 however .... notworthy.gif