Sign in to follow this  
sparky

M60A3 By HWM

Hello, I'm sparky Project Leader of HWM, you can read more about that mod on Addns & Mods discussion thread.

From here you can download the M60A3 Demo Beta version.

NOTE. this version works only with D3D not D3D HW T&L supported (it will be supported to final release of the mod)

Feauturettes.

This model created based on original BIS M60 model but only the interiors kept.

Highly detailed model (23277 faces)

handmade textures.

New sounds for the Cannon and Machine Gun.

m605ec.jpg

and here is the download link:

smile_o.gifftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/GrVehicles.rar

thanks a lot.

for comments:

emails sparky@otenet.gr and mmstudio@otenet.gr

msn mmstudiosnet@msn.com

it's better if you can feel it than just watvhing it.

but i ensure you that works perfect even 5 or more together.

23277 faces? LOL! crazy_o.gif

It sure doesn't look like it is 23277 faces, must be alot of wrongly used faces confused_o.gif

Just had a look in O2....24000+ poly's, are you insane? crazy_o.gif

And only 1 resolution lod.....the 24000 poly one crazy_o.gif

As much as I may like 3D art, this is unsuited for a game.....any game confused_o.gif

O2 screenshot

It's just one big black blob...kind of like the M60 machine gun shown a couple of years ago by someone wow_o.gif

Tanks in OFP generally have up to 8000 poly's, not 25000 confused_o.gif

Highly detailed model (23277 faces)

Don`t you luv hunter?...he can tell you what you already knew rofl.gif

I am affraid I have to report a bug. Let me better show it:

hellasm607yt.th.jpg

This is how M60A3 looks to me from exterior. I have 1-3fps and way how does M60A3 looks change from those strange shaped... something  to very big strange... something that "eats" all screen.

So, looks like ruined model; I had got similar problem when running on old Geforce 2 MX with bad confguration of video card and it`s overheated. But now I hot Geforce 4 TI4200 (and some mid-mid detail level in OFP)  and I have not seen something like this for a very long time.

Oh, interior is fine. But this is thanks to BIS, isn`t it?

It looks like this M60A3 is killing my PC. I run game with it two times and I am affraid that I will not run OFP with this addon again  icon_rolleyes.gif

XSparky, please, make it more... playable  wink_o.gif Use much less polys. And if you find that you have some spare polys, change interior to class similar for OFrP or SFP4 class.

you have to disable direct3d HWT&L i have tested in 2 pcs

P4 1.5Ghz 512RAM AtiRAdeon 9500Pro128MB

P4 3,2Ghz 1.024GBRAM NVdia Geforce6800 256RAM

and i haven't any prob.

please ensure that you are using Direct3d only! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]XSparky, please, make it more... playable wink_o.gif Use much less polys. And if you find that you have some spare polys, change interior to class similar for OFrP or SFP4 class.

Definitely, Btw why don't you ask SIGMA to use his M60A3 as model in order to make your M60? because your textures are outstanding and his model's smooth, plus it has a few polys only!

smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work,though! ;-)

Regards

TB84

thanks thunderbird for the advice. as i said this is a demo (1LOD) Beta(need changes) version.

but i wanted to post and know how the ofp community reacts.

I like high poly models, and through the tests i made the model works excellent.

BUT.

I'm intenting to create the 3rd LOD of the model, to be in about 10000 faces, so that LOD will be used as a second model that you can have as a alternative for those who want to use D3D HW T&L and think that 24000faces are too much.

Thanks again. I preffer those who make constractive critic than making lough of me. smile_o.gif

GREEK

Eyxarhstw poly.

testare to na mou peis sxolia.

prostoparwn douleyw to LEOPARD meta to M113 kai an brw yliko tha ftiajw kai to LEONIDAS alla mou fainetai oti miazei poly me to MARDER,

ENGLISH

thank you vey much

test it and tell me your comments

at now i'm working on LEOPARD after that M114 and if i could find uesfull matetial i'll build LEONIDAS, but i think it looks very much like MARDER.

Waaaaah!! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

As much as I appreciate your work, sparky .... polishing won't do much on a 24000 faces object. I guess the only way to reduce that to a reasonnable amount (3000-5000) is to rebuild it from scratch. And even then the model can be classified as "high-poly" and needs at least 3 more LODs with less polys.

You're doing nice work, but such models can't just be used in games like OFP. You can use it to create photorealistic pictures or movies with 3d programs, but not in such a game. Sorry. confused_o.gif

I got 17fps with a single M60 of yours on Desert Island confused_o.gif with a XP2400/GF4200-128MB/1GB RAM. I really don't dare to test it on Nogova.... but I hope you will rethink your ultra-high-poly-count strategy. I gave you some hints about the "Why" today on MSN.

You got texturing skills - use them!

I think that ~10,000 vertices (like KingHomer's M1A2 or DKM's Challenger 2) should be the upper level.

Regarding the Marder, I'll send you an eMail.

Hmm yeah,does seem a bit high and I honestly can't say where I can see that many faces being used...unless perhaps the basket,those holes are actual faces which would definatly cause it.

The demo Bis T72 has <2000 polys and 6 resolution LODs. No matter how well the addon works on your machine if you want the public to use it you will have to compromise.

Sadly I agree with hardrock - you need to rebuild the model, but look on the bright side - its the texturing thats the real hard work and you have that done and its looks really really nice.

LODs! LODs! LODs! LODs!

They're good things. That's why they're there. smile_o.gif

When I'm 200m away from your M60A3 I don't care about the finer details. When I'm 5m away I might.

I don't know... it looks like one free model wich i found on web some time ago. I don't know if it was modelled by you, but i seriously doubt it was modelled as realtime model and for sure it wasn't modelled for Flashpoint wich i can tell simply by looking at the tracks. And i'm not talking about missing smoothgroups (ok demo), LODs (ok demo) or 137 bad textures. I can't recommand to anyone download this model. Let's wait for at least bit more optimized version huh.gif

This kind of detail really isn't necessary:

OMG_M60.gif

Hmm,looks like 100-200 faces or so just right there,small details like that are nice but the face count on them doesn't necessarily have to be so high.

PLease don't Hit anymore. smile_o.gif

i tryed to create a highly detail model, thanks everyone for the comments but i ensure you that i'll create a new version with about 10000 polys, for those who want to play on it.

So at the final mod release will be 2 different model versions for all models of The HWM mod.

banghead.gif

And by the way i have created from the beginnig based on BIS M60 ant a ton of info a found in the internet.

So it's MINE and not somebody else.

except of course the interior textures which belong to BIS

And by the way i have created from the beginnig based on BIS M60 ant a ton of info a found in the internet.

So it's MINE and not somebody else.

except of course the interior textures which belong to BIS

In that case i have to say it's not bad model. Only highly unoptimized for realtime smile_o.gif And 137 textures is way too much. It was ok in sweet old 3dfx times, but not today. Oh.. only one more crit - you have quite lot of details on the tank, yet the turret model is just very simple. Maybe that's the part wich deserves a bit more detailed geometry...

Well having been an M60 crewman I like the tanks look most of my gripe is it being way too clean for a actually used combat vehicle. the rear ending exhaust grill is often black from all the soot the engine creates due to unburned fuel collecting on it from heavy accelleration. Deisels are still rather filthy engines. Reducing the faces would be a rather long job but could be done in o2 and still keep the look of the vehicle. I tend to have this problem a lot with O2 when I import a model I made in another program. Maybe just adding the extra detail lods should releive the FPS problem. Leaving the computer to pic which works better so folks with really high end pcs will beable to use it lower end machines will also run on lower lod of detail.

Really nice tank, it does look a little like if it was made of plastic though. And since you're making it hi-def, why not make the barrel hollow too :-)

Doesn't get blackened when partly damaged. Crashed ofp every time with hwtl on, worked ok without. Who knows, maybe you really could use this detailed models on ArmA as long as theres proper lods.