Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Well,good shots,especially awaiting for US SF.Guys,how is progress going on?Is the 1-month-till-release progress goes well? wink_o.gif

Well,good shots,especially awaiting for US SF.Guys,how is progress going on?Is the 1-month-till-release progress goes well? wink_o.gif

We have made some excellent headway on the Mod, that is without question.  Everyone has been working incredibly hard.  Being new(er) to the Mod, it is great to see the level of communication that exists and the willingness to help each other and the Mod to move forward.  Really shows the strength of the group!  As we get ready for a release...  it is great to know that we have a final goal in place and something to strive for that is adding to the motivation level.  After this release, it should continue to get more interesting...

CJ525 will probably be the one to give you a timetable, but from my perspective, we are in the final stages of wrapping things up for this release and testing.   pistols.gif

Then the bugle blows and we continue the charge....

Well,glad to hear that from you guys.Will snoop around here for a while to get your mod first. pistols.gif Well,it seems to a group of SF will have their first operation in Vietnam in a month. biggrin_o.gif

this is La dran valley ?

a mofied version bei sebs la dran valley???

It's amazing.... awesome screenies. cant wait for the next release of the mod... notworthy.gif

this is La dran valley ?

a mofied version bei sebs la dran valley???

It's amazing.... awesome screenies. cant wait for the next release of the mod...  notworthy.gif

This is the Ia Drang Valley island!  Yes, the same area of land that SEB's IDV is based.  But much much more realistic and LARGER!!!   This is the whole valley!

SEB's version was great, and it lasted forever...  but given that times change and ways/technology gets better over time, it is time to retire that one... It has been so good to us over the years...

re lyingdown viewdistance, it's just setup in the p3d model re the cannoclude and view Geo

Couldn't you just do something with those alpha texture thingys and make it so the surrounding stuff isn't rendered...

sue me, I know nothing of modeling/texturing tounge2.gif

RE time table .....I learned my lesson last time. I'm not going to give a release date until a full build test is done. As it stands the mission testing is coming along nicely the units/weapons are almost there, just some small annoyances. RE SF I'm sorry to say that there wont be an SF release until the full mod release. We just didn't have the manpower to finish and trouble shot all the sf units/sf weapons intime for this release, but I promise that you will be pleasently surprised with what is coming down the pipe.....the Ia drang valley and Ashau by PGI and Hawkins will show you the level to what this team can produce.

Regarding the SF, I would like to say that CJ is correct. The guys look badass and awesome at the moment, but they're not "ready". there's minor issues that need to be sorted out, and we don't want to go off half-cocked so to speak. smile_o.gif Stay tuned, there's a lot of good stuff coming your way.

I think ggod decision, as a lot of players would say "Oh, UNSUNG is weak, as they have plenty of bugs". And they would forget what they say few weeks before "Cmon, publish it, we cannot stand it!"

So better for both sides to publish fully tested stuff, even uf there would be less in such release.

Im a sucker for Vienam scenarios, probably played all games on this matter(yea most of them suck) so Im gonna give this demo another chance if someone can help me. Problem is it crashed when Im starting, already wrote this somewhere in this thread but anyway: This is what my Unsung folder looks like, if anyone can see if Im missing anything or something else Im grateful. If nothing works I can only pray that the full version of Unsung will be functional for me.

unsungfolder.jpg

unsungfolder2.jpg

unsungfolder3.jpg

Does it give you an error when the game crashes?

You have the base file itself, the additional addons, and the update, correct?

Yea what in those pictures Its what I got in the Unsung folder and then the camp_charlie.ebeden_jungle in the missions folder.

I have removed the unsung.rar download from my computer so I cant really check what was in it and finding a download now is not that easy..(since most OFP addon repositorys are down)

This is the exact error message I get:

cannot create 3d device:

Adapter 0 (Radeon 9500 pro / 9700) fullscreen

resolution 1280*1024, format R5G6B5/D2458, refresh 70 Hz.

Error D3ERR_INVALIDCALL

Yea what in those pictures Its what I got in the Unsung folder and then the camp_charlie.ebeden_jungle in the missions folder.

I have removed the unsung.rar download from my computer so I cant really check what was in it and finding a download now is not that easy..(since most OFP addon repositorys are down)

cannot create 3d device:

Error D3ERR_INVALIDCALL

It sounds like your computer dislikes the current settings that you have in OFP (for video).

I run a refresh rate of 60 as opposed to 70.  I can check what my settings are a little later when I get home.  But that is my guess...  Your video settings are doing something that the computer dislikes and is therefore shutting down.

Looking good. Except of course the criss cross of grass. My god it looks bad. Why not just have patches of grass? It's look much better and if you placed them right you would get a field looking effect.

One other thing, I asked before. Will bushes disappear when you get a certain distance away from them? I've seen it on a Vietnam map or two, I can't remember which. It makes all such bushes useless for mission makers because you can't put anything in or behind them as whatever you're hiding is visible at range.

Just wondering.

Keep up the good work.

cannot create 3d device:

Error D3ERR_INVALIDCALL

You may have a look here or even here.

Hope that helps. Otherwise do a search in the troubleshooting sub-forum for "cannot create 3d device".

@ the Architect, re grass, it all comes down to compromise, the grass doesn't look to bad when your a ground pounder walking thru it. But it comes down to object/face counts. on a 512x512 island you really have to pay attention to object counts, there is only so many you can use. When it comes down to playability each 50x50 foot section can only have so many face counts in it (especially in a heavily veg covered environment), plus the amount of transparencies starts to impact the speed of the game due to proccessor power being used up to calculate the viewable areas.We at the unsung Mod are hoping that AA with it's newer engine/compressions, will better handle areas of dense vegitation, where we can have better ground cover models. Also re disappearing bushes you wont run into that problem on our islands but we do cut off the model at LOD 25, to save the computer having to render at those distances, if view distance is lower then 900 you wont be able to see that far anyways.When AA comes out we might be able to remedy that.What I've tried to do with the objects seen from far away is keep the areas that you can see , stay the same , but remove objects which you are unable to see eg. the dense forest from far away I have removed the logs and small tree trunks but have keeped the canopies and larger tree trunks.I hope this answers your questions, we are constantly tweeking our models, and welcome constructive critisim to make our mod better.

thanks again for the comments

pic from latest mission into the IDV, first time I sent my team into Chu Pong Massif.... walk softy and cary a fully loaded car15e.

chupongp0au.jpg

Dang that screenie makes me drool. I've been out of OFP for a while. But once you release your new stuff I'll be back on it like napalm on trees.

looks realy good!

Imutep smile_o.gif