Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Anyone have a modified Config.bin where Lean and Roll are not implemented I wanna host a Dedicted server but the roll and lean crash the server once a player does it

Regarding the Rocktes explosions from helicopters and planes let me tell you they ressemble more to the actual ones than the old ones.

I am helicopter pilot on rel life and let me tell that when you are flying, with helmet, inside a helicopter cockpit designed to reduce at max the noise the crew receive inside, with the wind and most impostant the engines and rotors, you really hear not much explosion or external sounds.

If you are very near to the rockt impact area lets say 600 mts, you hear it by quite muffled, if you are much closer, lol you should not be there or you will eat all the debris of your own explosion hehe.

Actually you hear better the rockets launch from your helo than the explosion of them 1 km away.

Anyway explosions are not like the actual "POP" on FFUR but like a more distant and muffled explosion, but I can live with this nicely  welcome.gif

I was hopping that the inclusion of the Mi-8 from OWP would mean the totality of their excellent full pack.

I have flown the Mi-8 on real life and I really find amazing the really well reproduced add on and its flying charcteristics and well as cockpit layout. LOL it brings old memories to me evevery time I get into one of those.

That pack really add a lot on the helos capabilities with their Fast rope and Winch capabilities. A pity FFUR only includes one model but without scripts.

I have also detected that on the LSD ship, if you select to be Driver, you get into a strange screen where you can see nothing making imposible to effectively drive the ship, however in the other hand, if you select move in back, you get a normal view and possition.

Great job gentlemen. the 90000 DL in 24 hours surely means the best show the comunity can give to your excellent work.

LOL I am sure many publishers would be aoustunded now thinking how they could manage to sell 90000 copies of a game in 24 hours.

Quality pays off.!!

Bravo Zulu.FFUR team  welcome.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Just found another error with the MG:

Already reported.

Quote[/b] ]Ive just noticed guys planted in the ground during the death anim as well. I never noticed this during testing and i killed a lot of people.

Sounds weird, 'will check'em out soon.

Quote[/b] ]What happened to this, hmm? Definitely forgot?!

The reasons behind this withdrawal have been reported and explained a while ago in this thread [Lack of faces + Lack of time to convert BIS Faces to Llauma architecture...], as far as I know Symbiot was envisaging to carry that out.

Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah and you couldnt change the name mi-17 to mi-8

Already reported, this will be changed and the same goes to the rest of issues.

Quote[/b] ]Using the ACU config the main weapon is the m4 aimpoint. Which means you can't pick up any m16 mags, which breaks ALOT of mission

Indeed, the next ACU config will be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]The enemy couldn't see me till I went a little past a meter, and then their rounds could hit me, but my rounds kept striking the invisible barrier. Here's an image showing what I mean: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87....MG]

This is maybe due to the trees, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to figure that out except maybe a patch of Berghoff trees.

Quote[/b] ]Suggestions were made to remove the pistols from the AI, but to allow the player to have access to the pistol

This requires complex scriptings, it seems to be an OFP bug, hopefully ArmA will get it fixed.

Quote[/b] ]I keep getting an error when I click install.bat,it says once I click it,Error data.pbo not found.

Read the instructions posted in the first page of this thread. (under sky).

Quote[/b] ]This has changed with this release. Leaning now only occurs for me when I use the "TURBO" key along with a strafe right/left key.

Glad you figured that out.

Quote[/b] ]you can't kill driver of HMVVe with M2

This is due to the model itself, there's nothing we can do, as far as I know, humvees windshield is very strong.

Quote[/b] ]with the wind and most impostant the engines and rotors, you really hear not much explosion or external sounds.

This will be enhanced.

Quote[/b] ]That pack really add a lot on the helos capabilities with their Fast rope and Winch capabilities. A pity FFUR only includes one model but without scripts.

Our Top priority is Replacing 'BIS' stuff, and the second one is to make sure that the stuff we implemented doesn't cause any trouble, that's why in most of the cases, we remove the scripts that might be behind some problems in game.

Quote[/b] ]I have also detected that on the LSD ship, if you select to be Driver, you get into a strange screen where you can see nothing making imposible to effectively drive the ship, however in the other hand, if you select move in back, you get a normal view and possition

And the same goes to BIS LST, so one can live with it, But will check it out soon.

:-)

Regards

Thunderbird84

Great job gentlemen. the 90000 DL in 24 hours surely means the best show the comunity can give to your excellent work.

LOL I am sure many publishers would be aoustunded now thinking how they could manage to sell 90000 copies of a game in 24 hours.

Quality pays off.!!

Bravo Zulu.FFUR team welcome.gif

lol, not in 24 hours, I mean all FFUR Packs would load from more than 90000 peoples. wink_o.gif

This mod is great, but the Menu fading in and out is bad

also the sounds from air-ground missle exploding are very very bad

the rest is super smile_o.gif

I have an issue with the ending of the 1985 campaign, after mission RED DAWN (retrieve Guba and destroy last SCUD).

Ending starts with ppl exiting Blackhawk and then camera focuses on a unmoving East soldier, and stays on him till the end of the credits.

In the real ending this soldier is supposed to be killed, so the camera can switch to something else, but with FFUR he stays alive.

I just finnished downloading FFUR 2006 and its freaking awesome!

Okay, I finally had a look at the FFUR 2006 and I must say: I really like it, it has improved a lot in comparison to FFUR 2005 or FFUR Euro. But there are still some bugs, not really bugs but realism glitches, I dunno if this has been mentioned already but I'll list what I've found:

Steyr Aug:

The model is so ugly in first person, please choose a better looking one, even the BIS model is nicer

It sounds like a Counterstrike Desert Eagle, please take another sound

The muzzleflash of the Steyr is missing it's lighting

Spetznaz AK74:

Missing muzzleflash lighting

F16 & A10:

Both use Mk-82 bombs, why do you call the F16's "iron bombs" and the A10's "low drag", it would be better they have the same name.

Cobra:

Gun rotation animation is missing

I guess the thing with US Army and US Marines has already been mentioned

AH64:

The model is ugly, use the AH64D model from Franze

Why not use the same Hellfire model as on the Cobra? It looks ten times better

Tanks in general: All of them except the Bradley are missing the recoil animation for the maingun. Same goes for the maingun tracers for large calibers, they're not there! (you said you gonna include them)

Why only realistic tracers on MBT MG's, not on all tanks? This isn't understandable for me.

Also why not add the nice rocket effects used on the aircrafts for ground vehicles?

M1A2:

MPAT doesn't work, seems no ammo is designated

APAM and STAFF are usless, change loadout to 22 shells APFSDS and 20 shells MPAT

Wrong ammo loadout for the M2, 900 rds instead of 1000

Wrong ammo designation for non-tracer shells

M60A3:

Wrong ammo loadout of the maingun, only 40 shells instead of 63

Wrong ammo loadout for the M240, 5950 rds instead of 11400

Wrong designation for the 12.7mm mg, M85 instead of M2, wrong loadout too, 900 rds instead of 1000

BMP2:

Wrong ammo loadout for the PKT, 8 x 250 rds instead of 3 x 250 rds

T72BV:

Wrong ammo loadout of the maingun, 42 shells instead of 39

Old ammo designation for the shells, I told you on MSN, T80UM and T72BV use the same rounds then

Wrong ammo loadout of the PKT, 8 x 250 rds (as BMP-2) instead of a 2000 rds ammo belt

T80UM:

Wrong ammo loadout of the maingun, 51 shells instead of 39

You added BM32 APFSDS, BM42M APFSDS and HEF, missing the HEAT shells

Wrong ammo loadout for the PKT, 5 x 250 instead of 2000 rds

Normal Russian tank maingun loadout: 16 shells APFSDS, 13 shells HEAT and 10 shells HEF

It would be easier to use PKT 250 rds mags on all vehicles, so you can easy change the different loadouts.

Ka52:

Using the same gun as BMP-2 but different sound confused_o.gif

Wrong ammo loadout, 250 rds HE and 250 rds AP instead of 500 HE and 500 AP

That's all I found so far, I know you can't change everything for gameplays sake but the stupid designation errors could be the first step.

For further Details contact me on MSN Thunderbird smile_o.gif

With kind regards

King Homer

Looking nice... But as usual, I hope you ffur guys at some point in the future start to understand that the future is in MULTIPLAYER, and not in SINGLEPLAYER and rereleasing a mod every 6 months just for that purpose...

And having a multiplayer config included with "only some effects and just soldiers replaced" is nothing near what I expect from a modern mod. Too bad!

For MP you can just use the normal config on play online if the server has it loaded too, I've tested this with some other members of the squad SWAF and it is very stable.

For MP you can just use the normal config on play online if the server has it loaded too, I've tested this with some other members of the squad SWAF and it is very stable.

I can confirm this

all works stabel also with the "lol" addons

only brcti and mfcti (in bw edition from k-dvd) does not work

BUGS

1. On the Steal the Car mission, there is a shrub near the medical BMP that has some kind of invisible barrier surrounding it.  My rounds would not pass through even though I was a meter in front of this shrub.  The enemy couldn't see me till I went a little past a meter, and then their rounds could hit me, but my rounds kept striking the invisible barrier.  Here's an image showing what I mean: blockquote><p>This is due to some of Berghoffs Nordic shrubbs. I noticed it a while ago after installing his latest packs  [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'> . Incidentally it is the same for Ffur Euro and the other packs if you have these enhanced islands.

If we all talk to Berghoff very nicely he might do something about it!   inlove.gif  inlove.gif  whistle.gif

Btw. Berghoff, I love your Nordic Nature Pack, it is the most realistic looking vegetation ever for OFP!  notworthy.gif

I tryed the mod on our dedicated server, but it keeps having this recurrent error.

sanstitre8kq.jpg

Depending on mission mostly, but it doesn't have this without the mod on the same mission.

Looking nice... But as usual, I hope you ffur guys at some point in the future start to understand that the future is in MULTIPLAYER, and not in SINGLEPLAYER and rereleasing a mod every 6 months just for that purpose...

And having a multiplayer config included with "only some effects and just soldiers replaced" is nothing near what I expect from a modern mod. Too bad!

OFP is the best example that you can have very much fun with a singleplayer game. For what do you think put BIS an good AI in this game? smile_o.gif

Everyone, Listen Please!

We are currently establishing a list of Bugs by priorities in order to avoid getting the same report 3 or 4 times.

But the best way to follow in order to help us is that you make sure that the 'problem' you will inform us about hasen't already been reported.

This post will be edited very soon, and all 'bugs' reported by people will be classified here by priorities.

Priority n1 : CTDs/ Error messages.

Priority n2 : Missing textures, Missing sounds, wrong sounds, wrong models, AI problems, Interface problems....etc.

Priority n3 : Realism and equipment used in real life.

Priority n4 : Suggestions and minor enhancements.

Secondly, if you encounter CTDs (Crash to desktop), there would be nothing we will be able to do for you if you won't provide any information about it.

[when, what mission, what action, what units, what maps, your windows version.]

And finally, please remember this page [172], get a look at this post before posting any problem you would encounter with the FFUR 2006.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I tryed the mod on our dedicated server, but it keeps having this recurrent error.

[im]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2026/sanstitre8kq.jpg[/img]

Depending on mission mostly, but it doesn't have this without the mod on the same mission.

Our squad (SWAF) is experiencing this exact same error, in a mission that uses Mi-8 and Mi-26 from OWP. It crashes our FFUR 2006 equipped dedicated server

Quote[/b] ]Our squad (SWAF) is experiencing this exact same error, in a mission that uses Mi-8 and Mi-26 from OWP. It crashes our FFUR 2006 equipped dedicated server

This message might be more helpful if you could specify some details:

-Does this happen with any other mission that uses the Mi-8/17 we included?

-Does this happen when you add OW Mi-8 pack to that one already incorporated?

As said above, there would be nothing we can do if you will not provide more informations about the 'Problem' you experience.

Regards

TB84

well i get CTD's after playing for about an hour doesnt seem to appear to happen on certain missions as i have played the exact same mission several times in the same way after the CTD and it worked fine.

I also seem to get CTD's when playing a mission havent tested this into any more detail but will do soon, in this i was playing one of my custom missions which works fine without FFUR.

Units are all the same West and Russian plenty of armour BMP's, T80's, M113's (Also an empty medical one), M2A2 and an M60.

About 2-3 sqauds of West infantry.

About 40 squads of East infantry (not exactly sure on that number)

(That was on one mission where i got a CTD upon preview of a mission.

Also a different mission used the same number of units.

Using windows 2000 my comp specs are more then enough occording to the recomended comp specs

Hope all that helps to get the CTD sorted out

Quote[/b] ]Hope all that helps to get the CTD sorted out

The action that precedes the crash (what were you doing exactly in game when it happened.

E.G, were you fighting against tanks? men? choppers? planes? or just running?

Quote[/b] ]Our squad (SWAF) is experiencing this exact same error, in a mission that uses Mi-8 and Mi-26 from OWP. It crashes our FFUR 2006 equipped dedicated server

This message might be more helpful if you could specify some details:

-Does this happen with any other mission that uses the Mi-8/17 we included?

-Does this happen when you add OW Mi-8 pack to that one already incorporated?

As said above, there would be nothing we can do if you will not provide more informations about the 'Problem' you experience.

Regards

TB84

As I said, this crash happens when using OWP Mi-8 and Mi-26, not FFUR Mi-17.

This is the only mission that is causing this crash. No mission that uses the FFUR Mi-17 so far has caused the server to crash with this error.

Quote[/b] ]As I said, this crash happens when using OWP Mi-8 and Mi-26

With no offense, I think it would be better to avoid reporting problems that aren't due to FFUR to avoid us getting confused please.

'Hope you understand. : -)

Regards

TB84

Well, the mission worked before we installed FFUR, so the problem is due to FFUR

Well, the mission worked before we installed FFUR, so the problem is due to FFUR

I meant that it's still an 'Extra' problem, not something that happens with the stuff already included.

Quote[/b] ]The action that precedes the crash (what were you doing exactly in game when it happened.

E.G, were you fighting against tanks? men? choppers? planes? or just running?

Well once it happened as soon as i pressed preview and when it went into the game after the loading screen it crashed.

Also i was playing MP without FFUR with the skypack and effects and i also got a CTD and no one else did.

When i play ofp without the effects but with the sky idont appear to get a CTD

I think it could have soemthing to do with the effects not totally sure thought on that.