Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]Just played the original mission "flashpoint." Amazing...everything.

I tried to play this mission 4 times. The Cobra always dies after few seconds without giving any single shot...

My squad is decimated, the AI precision at high distance is ubelievable...

4th time - CTD

I don't even think to try PMC Fury without a little tweaking...

There ale many issues I don't like in all ffurs (I always delete resource.cpp, change sounds, this time I had to delete anims.pbo because of menu fade effect) but, we have config.cpp so it is good platform for customization.

Putting all these new models, scripts, vehicles and weapons together in one config with a few pbo's is a damn good work. I think ffur2006 will establish standard until next generation game comes out.

tb84 - you should think about implementing something similar to ECP DSAI & RC in next release - I can't leave ECP completely and move to ffur because I love when my men scream "Armooor! I see armor! Get doown!" smile_o.gif

Hey thunderbird, congrats on the FFUR '06 release! Must a big load off of your mind huh?

Also, I'm kind of curious; in this photo you have johns smoke implemented; yet, how would I do it on my machine?

sanstitre55ib.jpg

Alright, ROCK ON!

I think the effects are included in the sky pack.

Just adding to the list here.

1. Get the black out screen at the main menu

2. Secondary weapons are way too imprecise. Dispersion is too great.

3. Dispersion on Shilka is too great.

4. TOW box on Bradley doesnt go up.

5. Engagement ranges a little short for same side.

Looks great however and sounds are great.

Keep up the good work.

Okay, I'm just downloading it again, yesturday the download abort three times when I tried to download it from ofp.info. Afther I'm finished I`ll add in on our server from Ofp.4p wink_o.gif

well i downloaded it last night installed it then i had to go to a Sale sharks rugby match so i was a bit peed of but im back and started to play and its magnificant notworthy.gif

Great mod no troubles yet

Very nice work

Wow wink_o.gif Good job on this one tb this is quit an mod here lovely in all ways. Inproved all the way round this is the best of ur work and it shows notworthy.gif Only thing that i think is off is the glare but thats all good for this point love this shhhhh it. Nice Jobe TB biggrin_o.gif

i have a question, when i downloaded the sky pack how to install becuse it came with no documentation, im just wondering, i want the module sky and effects smile_o.gif

Do i just place it in the FFUR folder and click install?

Little bug with the MP-Config...

If i fire with the PK i have no sounds only

1 shot after stopping fire or 1 shot on start...

Hi,

Many thanks everyone for the kind words! Glad you appreciate it! ;-)

Quote[/b] ]I´ve found a little bug: I think the mpat ammunition on the abrams is missing.

It's not missing, you have to be commander of the Abrams in order to be able to switch shells.

Quote[/b] ]I noticed the gunner proxy for the .50 cal is all messed up, he is halfway through the ground with no animation.

Dunno if it's due to the -Unigen- animations or not, but it will be fixed very soon anyway.

Quote[/b] ]Finished, but how do I install skypack?

My apologies, I've totally forgotten to include a decent 'sky pack' readme.

To install it, at first make a choice between llauma and module sky then extract the files included in the folder you chose to your "ffur2006" and finally run the .bat executable.

Once the sky pack is insalled, you can take the following folders out of your "ffur2006" folder [newdta/ temp/].

Quote[/b] ]Get the black out screen at the main menu

That's wanted, you can live with it as long as it doesn't cause any trouble.

Quote[/b] ]Secondary weapons are way too imprecise. Dispersion is too great.

That's wanted as well in order to decrease the ability of killing with handguns at long range distances.

Quote[/b] ] Dispersion on Shilka is too great.

Wanted too, that will allow your choppers being a bit more efficient during missions.

Quote[/b] ]TOW box on Bradley doesnt go up.

The script intended for this purpose has been taken out in the goal to avoid some conflicts with 'ffur' ones.

Quote[/b] ]1 shot after stopping fire or 1 shot on start...

This will be fixed in the incoming patch.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW nothing but great things

Apart from that animation where the 50cal gunner is half way through the floor but aprt from that ive not noticed anything wrong

This is the best mod ive ever played love the sounds really does make you get your head down in the game and in real life tounge2.gif

This game has goten one hell of a lot better thanks to this pack and all the others now excuse me im going off to play some more biggrin_o.gif

M113

M1A1

West-Boat

East-Boat

M2-West

M2-East

T80

T80 (Res)

... And the PK East & Res (but this you know from my last post)

All the M2 or ohter guns in this Tanks and Boats are without the

sounds - the problem i said befor...

If i find more ill tell you...

Stay tuned

BlackBurn

- - - EDIT - - -

And the same prob with SpecOps M4 in MP-Config

Only first shot and last

Very nice mod.But i have some problems.

-in mission "rescue" the team "black bear" don't destroy the tank,

then he comes from the hill and the mission fails.

-in Singlemission "shadowkiller" on missionstart the oiltanks are

already blown up.Mission fails.

Have same issue with ffur-euro.

Only when not changing the worlds-wrp-files everything works

well.But then without Berghoff's trees.

Hope that someone could help.

any chance of releasing the ACU soldiers seperate so if i was to create a mission with them everyone doesnt need to download 500mb just for the ACU soldiers for the mission especially them with 56k

Anyway great work

Played MP just then no problems apart from the machine gun sound as mentioned all works very well

The ACU soldiers are really great they looks great and there not as easy to spot as i thought they would of been very nice job with them as well.

This looks like a brand new game with everything like the sky johns smoke and fire effects aswell as the island replacement and voila you have yourself a new game rofl.gif

ok i have 2 questions..

1: I installed the sky pack but i cant see johns smoke effects

2: Is it possible to take off the shiny ground texture effect?

Thx.

2: Is it possible to take off the shiny ground texture effect?

that was answered on the previous page, i already asked wink_o.gif

actually, it was answered on page 159 of this thread wink_o.gif (so many answers in short time)

regarding the smoke effects they are much different then the normal john smoke effects FFUR edited them to make them more smooth and less flickery and the smoke looks so much different but go on desert island and blow up a fuel truck then you will find out if you have it correctly installed if not then make sure your running the mod folder

Btw another performance tip, binarize the Islands will cut in nearly in 50% in size and increase loading speed smile_o.gif.

Just a quick question, sorry if it's been asked/answered before, but is the island pack the same as the FFUR 2005 one?

P.S

I've been waiting for this moment for SO LONG and it's finally here and I could just cry tounge2.gifinlove.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

EDIT: nvm, after downloading it to see for myself, I see that it is... lol icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT2: I can't download the sky pack. None of the filefront mirrors work sad_o.gif

EDIT3: Patience and perseverance prevailed... Got it tounge2.gif

@ FFUR Team

Did you mention, that there are balance problems when you run the cwc campaign? huh.gif

@ Blackburn

I didn`t have this sound problems when i run FFUR 2006 without other addons loaded.

@ EVERYONE Who uses the ACU config

there is a small prob with the Officer (Night) ... in the config is a wrong modelpath.

Quote[/b] ]class OfficerWNight:SoldierWB

{

picture="\misc\frcky.paa";

nameSound="officer";

hiddenSelections[]=

{

"medic",

"holster"

};

model="\ffur_us\a\officer.p3d";

scope=2;

displayName="$STR_DN_OFFICERNIGHT";

change the the follwing line: model="\ffur_us\a\officer.p3d"; to:

=>

Quote[/b] ]model="\ffur_us\a\ffur_officer.p3d";

__

To do it go to "\ffur2006\Bin\ACU config"

there you find a RAR called ACU config.rar.

extract it.

now you should ahve a file called config.cpp.

open it with a text editor.

search for the line: officernight e.g.

and change the line how shown above.

SAVE the file.

and make a BIN out of it with the Tool CPP2BIN.

OFP.info-Link for Tool

now you have a CONFIG.bin that has to be brought to "\ffur2006\Bin" to replace the old config file.

benus

MeË› (with the standart and ACU config) but with

the MP-Config... Try it out...

Use MP-Config and shot with the PK-Gunner @ East or Res

or shoot with the West-Boat...

When I run the sky install.bat, it says that it's to install Llauma's sky, even though I chose the modulsky huh.gif

And do I run the install.bat in this modul+ffects folder, or do I have to move the install.bat to OFP directory? Same question for the bin and dta folders in the modul + effects folder

EDIT: nvm, thanks Bergly tounge2.gifthumbs-up.gif