Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Two things:

1) The officers should get their Berets back: Sure, its more realistic for them to have helmets, but it looks really odd in cutscenes to have the likes of Col. Blake and Guba in Res campaign to be dressed up in combat gear. It also makes 'kill the officer' missions a bit difficult though I spose thats the point. However, maybe you could have Officer (Hand Gun) with helmet and Officer [standard] with beret because its generally that one that gets used more often. Maybe you should just have the beret back altogether.

2) Somewhat less drastic: could you rename the 'AK47 CZ' to Sa. 58? I dunno where BIS got the AK47CZ idea... whistle.gif

The officers with berets is a good Idea CH_123, RHS also have such an officer in there RFMI pack.

The renameing of the ak47cz to the sa-58 ain't bad either since its used that way in the CSLA and the model is a SA58 anyway.

If youre changing the officers models, you should also change the Res soldier so that he doesnt use the same model as the Res officer

Oh, I dunno if this is the case in FFUR, but a Sa58 can't use Ak-47 magazines smile_o.gif

Thats true, but it would make things very confusing for the Res if that was enacted.

Well the Sa-58 uses 7,62 x 39 mm ammo (same as ak-47) so the the only thing would be to change the name of the magazine from example Ak47mag to 7,62x39 30rd mag.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I think everyone who often uses the editor would be extremely thankfull to have this metal background exchanged to something simple that is more eye friendly

&

Quote[/b] ]

Loving those new editer names. Will they be the same on the russian side.

gui1sh.jpg

It looks much better in game, though.

Quote[/b] ] hey, when do you want that radio transmission Thunderbird?

As soon as you can send it to my mail adress ;-)

Quote[/b] ]why a M4 SPR? when you could say replace it with a M468 (provided ch gets it finished before FFUR eventually gets released. Either the carbine or "Marksman varient".)

None of them would fit, simply because the M4 'Scope' is supposed to replace BIS XMS, which is supposed to use the 'single & auto' modes.

Quote[/b] ]How about adding random types of fires, eg smaller fires and less smoke then some other time where there could be more smoke and more fire? Means if you blow up several tanks the effects dont all look the same and it will cause less lag

Actually, there are 3 different random explosion effects instead of 1, and they have been reworked a lot since the last time in order to decrease the fps level, randomizing the 'smoke & fire' effects might affect the fps again, as it happens with Liberation 42 missions because of the large variety of effects simultaneously provided by their tanks explosions, though.

Quote[/b] ]Would you be so kind and make a ECP 1.085 compatible version of FFUR2006?

I'm afraid this can't be done because making a ECP 1.085 compatible version of FFUR 2006 is simply impossible due to the fact that every mod has its own 'Config/settings and resource', and combining both of them might require a lot of time and work.

Btw, there are several 'Light Total Conversion mods' that are based on ECP.

Quote[/b] ]could you rename the 'AK47 CZ' to Sa. 58?

That has already been done, just get a look at the weapon informations ;-), I accidentally deleted it, though.

Probably because both weapons are supposed to use the same magazine in game.

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird! Please include Modul Sky 0.9 and Agent Smith's updated Llauma face pack with the GR textures! That would be awesome!

'Sky packs' are external, feel free to use anyone you feel best for you, and as previously stated, Llauma heads and faces can't be included because of several problems that happen with their main script once it is used with a total conversion mod, moreover, there are just not enough of 'western' faces that can be incorporated.

Anyways, once again, thank you for your suggestions and support.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

@thunderbird

What light total conversions based on ECP do you mean?

The one made by DMA, with updated US and Russian soldiers?

But these are only infantry units nothing else. Or is there any other total conversion mod based on ECP 1.085?

Awsome editor TB !

Just a suggestion:

You could add new classes for the Russian and Amercian SF, for example

SpetsNaz Anti-armor operator : that will be armed with At or someting {also will have another model from the RHs pack}

another one:

I noticed that you added a sniper to the east squads. maybe will you add a radioman ?

Theres not much point in having a radioman considering they cant do much unless you put loads of scripts into the mod. Spose it would make good eye candy.

Theres not much point in having a radioman considering they cant do much unless you put loads of scripts into the mod. Spose it would make good eye candy.

I mean for the 'realism', it would be nice to have a radio man in your squad smile_o.gif

{i'm not talking about applying scripts like air support or whatever, just for the buty}

new classes would be nice... Infantry, SF, etc

Erm You Mean Editor Catergories?? What Would Be The Point In That We Allready Have Enough As It Is! wink_o.gif

That New Editor Facade Looks Great TB smile_o.gif

new classes would be nice... Infantry, SF, etc

Erm You Mean Editor Catergories?? What Would Be The Point In That We Allready Have Enough As It Is!  wink_o.gif

He meant the same units just with diffrent load-outs, like Anti-Tank Spetstsnaz, Sniper spetsnaz {also could be nice if those units would have diffrent model from the RHS Spetsnaz pack}. and yes think he mean for the editor, thats the point smile_o.gif

@MP Phoenix: Theres a wondeful thing called downloading RHS' Spetsnaz pack.....That way get all the fany new units, and you dont put extra work on the team and make the mod even bigger than it already is when the job is already done!

@MP Phoenix: Theres a wondeful thing called downloading RHS' Spetsnaz pack.....That way get all the fany new units, and you dont put extra work on the team and make the mod even bigger than it already is when the job is already done!

No you see, for example if I want to make a mission that needs FFUR, so why do you need to download extra addons ? if ffur alereadu replacec the original units with the best. Of course I'm not "demanding" from ffur team to do that, I'm just suggesting an idead . . . huh.gif

It's like making a mission with CSLA mod and then put another requaierd addons . . {because ffur 2006 is 500+ megs}

banghead.gif

just get ffur 06 and download the other addons you want and put them in the addon folder end of!

you don't need to have them included to work if you made TB do this not that he would the FFUR archvie itself let alone the unzipped content would probablly be nearer 1gig so you get the idea i hope you want you download

Now Can We Please Ebd This Useless Sqauble! (God I Get More Like A MOD Everyday)!

Just a suggestion:

You could add new classes for the Russian and Amercian SF, for example

SpetsNaz Anti-armor operator : that will be armed with At or someting

This wouldn't really be a bad idea, it would add more diversity to the russian and US special forces which may improve the realism.

The only diversity I would approve of is if it is using the models already included, and the weapons already included. I dont believe in adding more and more shit for the sake of it when you can just dload addons. Remember what FFUR stands for: Flash Fx Units Replacement Its not intended to add loads and loads of units in, just replace the standard ones, and add a small number in to balance.

The only diversity I would approve of is if it is using the models already included, and the weapons already included. I dont believe in adding more and more shit for the sake of it when you can just dload addons. Remember what FFUR stands for: Flash Fx Units Replacement Its not intended to add loads and loads of units in, just replace the standard ones, and add a small number in to balance.

Well Said Crazy_Heron I Will Say It Again For Those Whome Havent Heeded What Was Said By Me

banghead.gif   If You Want Your Russian AT Spetsnaz, Download The RHS Packs And Use Then That Way We Or Should I Say The FFUR Team Aren't Gonna Go Out Of There Way To Make You Happy By Increasing The Pack Size By A Couple Of Hundred Megs Just To Make Extra Spetnaz. Besides They'd Run Out Of BIS Units To Replace So Now Do You Get Why I Said Download Them Yourself!

Well Said Crazy_Heron I Will Say It Again For Those Whome Havent Heeded What Was Said By Me

banghead.gif If You Want Your Russian AT Spetsnaz, Download The RHS Packs And Use Then That Way We Or Should I Say The FFUR Team Aren't Gonna Go Out Of There Way To Make You Happy By Increasing The Pack Size By A Couple Of Hundred Megs Just To Make Extra Spetnaz. Besides They'd Run Out Of BIS Units To Replace So Now Do You Get Why I Said Download Them Yourself!

Just out of curiosity here, but what makes you the Know-All of everything?

You seem to enjoy bossing people around like you've been here since the beginning or have any importance at all huh.gifwhistle.gif

Do you actually have anything useful to contribute to this thread other than bossing people around as if you were a mod or something?

@Shashman ... Topics Should Stay On Topic Not Vere Of Into Demands And Terms That Is My 2 Cents

TB

Who Are The Black Ops Actually Portrayed As Or Are They Seen As Just Black Ops Left Up To The Users Imagination?

Just out of curiosity here, but what makes you the Know-All of everything?

You seem to enjoy bossing people around like you've been here since the beginning or have any importance at all huh.gifwhistle.gif

Do you actually have anything useful to contribute to this thread other than bossing people around as if you were a mod or something?

Couldn't agree with you more.

Quote[/b] ]@Shashman icon_rolleyes.gif ... Topics Should Stay On Topic Not Vere Of Into Demands And Terms That Is My 2 Cents

That smilie could be considered as flamebaiting.

Drop the attitude.

Well... Gentleman,

at FIRST ... FFUR wants to replace all existing units so it is possible to play the original BIS campaigns and missions and ALL user made missions that use no addons

=> every USER MADE MISSION that uses no addons should be playable with FFUR.

from this point of view we WON'T need any "extra" units.

BUT !!! the idea of adding "extra" units like squads for SPECIAL FORCES isn't that bad and an IDEA to think about.

It would be interisting for MISSIONS (SP or MP) especially deigned for FFUR. and it could make mission making for mission maker or squads e.g. more comfortable, because you won't need o add weapons and stuff via the init line.

(I am not a mission maker so if I got something wrong tell me).

and that WOULDN'T mean to expand the chooseable weapons or units then.

but to get some difference in the units we would need to add some more models and maybe texturs for the specnaz.

but that won't increase the size form 500 MB to 1GB.

my few word about that discussion

but need to talk to Tb about that, and it all needs time ... and time is rare these days.

regards benus