Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Iraq/Afghanistan don't wear masks/balaclavas.

maybe because its hot there ? crazy_o.gif

Those screens look fabulous. Great job.

As for the masks/bala's i think for night units they are a must but not really for day units as elite seal suggests.

After all take into consideration that the majority of pics you see of SOF units in Iraq/Afghanistan don't wear masks/balaclavas.

Most of the pics Ive seen of Spec ops in afg/iraq are of men with bushy beards, shades, shemaghs or boonies. Maybe TB could make some of them for the desert pack rofl.gif

Good point CH most of them do have bushy beards. But back to the masks for day units I would say No night ones yes. BTW TB84 are you guys still working on the old packs and is there any chance of seeing a desert FFUR 2006, that would be cool

How are those French troops for Euro? And will we see any French vehicles?

As per masks in desert locales: Three words gents, Under Armour Heatgear, such as the Tactical Heatgear Hood which as per the description on the official website is. "Thin enough to provide form-fitting comfort on its own or beneath the helmet. Offers full facial protection that extends below the neckline. Converts to a neck gator, with a drop chin for full ventilation."

Theres also a coldgear range that looks roughly the same, and with the same black/olive drab color schemes as heatgear (plus midnight navy and army brown), and combine these with a pair of Oakley Tactical A-Frames and you'd have the perfect Night Black Ops headgear biggrin_o.gif.

Looks like your pack is coming along pretty nicely, Thunderbird.

Do you still have a lot of @'s in your scripts? They cause a lot more script deffeciency than a simple ~0.1 loop. Since @ is 0.005 if I'm not mistaken..

Two questions for TB:

First, I was wondering which value to edit in the config so that ai doesn't spot enemies from such long distances (I want to change it back to bis default). Since I play with 1000 view distance, ai often spots enemy vehicles before they are even visible on the screen.

Second, is there a noticeable improvement in frame rate from 2005 to 2006? I'm still playing 2005. Thanks.

Yeah, I was playing Retaliation campaign, the enemy just keep pulverizing you from afar. I dunno where the correct balance between realism and gameplay lies but yeah, something that has to be looked into

What you have to realise is, existing OFP missions/Campaigns were designed around BIS values (for the most part). There are going to be compatability issues with practically ANY conversion mod be it Y2K3 or FFUR etc. As such, many missions will be unbalanced, is just going to be a case of editing the missions yourself to balance them out (reduce the number of tanks and/or increase the number of AT infantry etc).

How are those French troops for Euro? And will we see any French vehicles?

I'm also interested in those french troops. The OFRP troops are still great, but are getting dated (textures especially). We could use some better ones

Really looking forward to the update of FFUR2006 btw! Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I was playing Retaliation campaign, the enemy just keep pulverizing you from afar. I dunno where the correct balance between realism and gameplay lies but yeah, something that has to be looked into

Yeah, I am having this problem as well, in the mission where you have to meet a contact, and you start off riding in a UAZ, you get wasted by a Resistance squad in the forest long before you reach your destination.... rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, I am having this problem as well, in the mission where you have to meet a contact, and you start off riding in a UAZ, you get wasted by a Resistance squad in the forest long before you reach your destination....

Thats not actually FFUR, if you are using the island pack which comes with it, the forests dont act as much cover and AI can see your jeep from the forest.

Try turning them off, i actually switched my islands to some retextured grounds and retextured resistance plants still looks good but doesnt break any missions.

I've been having that same problem with the retaliation campaign. I put my Islands back to the BIS ones but the resistance machine gunners still riddle the UAZ with bullets.

I don't really like LSR's troops as the specops, simply because they feel out of place when compared to the rest of the HYK and US troops in terms of proportion, quality etc. Perhaps you could release the models for the other woodland specops and I could do a manual config replacement?

I don't really like LSR's troops as the specops, simply because they feel out of place when compared to the rest of the HYK and US troops in terms of proportion, quality etc. Perhaps you could release the models for the other woodland specops and I could do a manual config replacement?

HYK has some SF troops that you can use so use them no need for a custom config wink_o.gif

the bug that you spot enemy from 1000-2000m is really anoying and breaks a lot of BIS missions crazy_o.gif

like the "Camping" in the CWC campaign, when you go get the truck you are being engaged by a BMP crazy_o.gif

the bug that you spot enemy from 1000-2000m is really anoying and breaks a lot of BIS missions crazy_o.gif

Maybe TB and his testers can spend the time waiting for that missing addon by playing through the campaigns and adjusting for broken missions whistle.gif

the bug that you spot enemy from 1000-2000m is really anoying and breaks a lot of BIS missions  crazy_o.gif

Maybe TB and his testers can spend the time waiting for that missing addon by playing through the campaigns and adjusting for broken missions  whistle.gif

They don't just waiting for addons they also improve the mod !

you got a poin though

mybe TB and the rest of the crew will play CWC & Ressistance campaigns with FFUR and see that sometimes the "1000-2000m spotting" breaks missions, and not "making the game more challenging" {no disrespect}.

I think checking through each and every of the 100+ official mission to check for breaks everytime you tweak a few units is well....a rather tedious waste of time to be honest. Especially when its hard to play through one mission the same way twice

I think checking through each and every of the 100+ official mission to check for breaks everytime you tweak a few units is well....a rather tedious waste of time to be honest. Especially when its hard to play through one mission the same way twice

no man. not playing to check every bug, but to see how the 1000-2000m breaks mission ! here you go, a list of them:

"Camping" - CWC campaign : A bmp-2 that standing about 1700 m away from you shoots you when yo go with bergfho to get the truck

"Huting" - Your tanks are engagin the AT positions and causing mayham through the battlefield {that was kind a nice thought, but still}

The mission that is after "The Pass" - you squad tank "Tiger" is being wiped out by the tanks from patrovice, when they shouldn't ! {the mission where you have to blow bmp & t-72 so your tanks can siguys as them and enter patrovice}

thats just a few, the only thing im asking is to fix that 1000-2000m bug ! sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

"Alert" Think this is with 2006, your squad says COMBAT before the radio call and BMP rounds fall in the base. I know thats happened with FFUR think it was 2006 version.

How about just using Multiplayer config while playing those missions that dont work properly with new settings?

no man. not playing to check every bug, but to see how the 1000-2000m breaks mission ! here you go, a list of them:

"Camping" - CWC campaign : A bmp-2 that standing about 1700 m away from you shoots you when yo go with bergfho to get the truck

"Huting"  - Your tanks are engagin the AT positions and causing mayham through the battlefield {that was kind a nice thought, but still}

The mission that is after "The Pass" - you squad tank "Tiger" is being wiped out by the tanks from patrovice, when they shouldn't ! {the mission where you have to blow bmp & t-72 so your tanks can siguys as them and enter patrovice}

thats just a few, the only thing im asking is to fix that 1000-2000m bug !  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

all you gotta do is lower your view distance in your video settings. doesn't look as good since nowadays I can play at about 2000m meters view distance, but in CWC and Resistance Missions I don't get shot at by units at 1800 meters...

a question that has been bugging since a few pages.... what is CWC??

the red hammer campaign??