Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Another thing. I read on some forum (yeah, terribly reliable place to read, I know) that the regular troops use M4A1 with three round burst only, and that the spec ops use the full auto version. Personally, I much prefer to use full auto over three round burst, but does anyone know anything about this?

rooney what you have jsut said doesnt make sense the m4 is the carbine and the m16 is the rifle why would the crew of a vhehicle use the full size rifle...

@CH wasnt the origianl m4 fitted with the burst mech which was subsequntley chnged for the full auto function feel free to correct me if you can clarify it

Is that possible I thought the M4A1 only has a single and full automatic capibility

Youre right Helping hand - M4A1 is full auto, M4 is 3 round burst

One major advantage of the three round burst M4 in OFP is that it could use the same mags as the M16, the SpecOps M4s need differnent mags cause theyre silenced.

Which reminds me of a possible suggestion, what about using the M4 SPR instead of the M4 Marksman?

it is possible for the m4 with mods i suppose but i'm talking a bout the M4 not the a1 variant which as its name suggests is a variant/improvement as the original as are the m16 a2,a3 and a4 variants

@CH is that in widespread service compared to modded m4's and a1's ??

P.S i cant keep up with all this posting!

The original M4 was bulit as a single and full automatic weapon no burst. I don't know all the specs but the US army could have made a burst version without updating the model.

no the original m4 was burst m4a1 is auto i have the colt military brochure so...

@CH is that in widespread service compared to modded m4's and a1's ??

What do you mean? From what I have read: The M4 (3RB) is the main US Army one. The M4A1 is the main Specops one. Theres no difference between the two except the modes of fire.

@Rooney: The earlier M4s might have been differnt, but the current ones: M4 is 3RB, M4A1 is Full auto. See wiki

ch i ment the spr is it in widespread use compared to "normal" m4's

M4 Variants Or Some Of

Xm733

CAR15

M4

M4a1

M4a3

Well the website where I was getting my info must've been wrong. Thanks for the update guys

Now that thats over lets wait for TB or Benus to update us *sits and press's F5* wink_o.gif

To get back on the subject of the FFUR. have there been any major changes to the russian side (not including the T-90 &

T-80). And what about a US intercepter like the F-15.

ch i ment the spr is it in widespread use compared to "normal" m4's

M4 Variants Or Some Of

Xm733

CAR15

M4

M4a1

M4a3

No, its limited to Spec Ops. Car-15/XM is also specops only, and I have no idea what an M4A3 is.

@Rooney: Theres already an F-16

Like 8 pages back you guys were talking about replacing the Mi-24 with the Mi-28, then dismissed the idea because you all were somehow under the impression the Mi-28 had only one seat as apposed to two seats like the Mi-24.

This is incorrect, the Mi-28 has two seats, a pilot and a weapons operator.

No idea where you guys got the one seat idea from. confused_o.gif

Emm....I have no memory of that, are you sure you didnt get mixed up with our discussion about the KA-50?

Is there a pinned topic or thread somewhere that is updated with history of changes/suggestions/current progress, ect? I have some questions/suggestions but I imagine I'd just be repeating things already many times by others. I don't have the time or the patience to read all 250 pages. ...?

Those ACU soldiers are looking gangbusters. Perfection. notworthy.gif

On the desposable/unreloadable rocket launchers... I understand you don't want to implement this for it breaking campaign missions, but I'd still like this for my own missions. Can anyone help me out? smile_o.gif

replacing the Hind with mi-28 is not good idea cuz the hind can carry 10 troops, the mi-28 cant cary even 1 . .. {not including the pilot}

The US army is supplied with various backpacks that should be extremely durable without adding unnecessary weight, especially during close combats, a good backpack not only holds everything you need, but also makes it easy for you to retrieve what you need when you need it.

And the Backpack we included seems fitting, though.

Regards

TB84

You'll see it less obviously in Mech units. Why carry it when the vehicle can? smile_o.gif

Also the DKM Mi-28 can carry two extra personnell behind the left stub wing, gotta find the door smile_o.gif Besides it's a more capable attack helicopter smile_o.gif

About the at4 could you make two different soldiers, one with the standard BIS 3 rockets and a new one with a unrealodable at4?

Also the DKM Mi-28 can carry two extra personnell behind the left stub wing, gotta find the door smile_o.gif Besides it's a more capable attack helicopter smile_o.gif

Thats true, but unless you can make it carry eight men, it will break the missions

Thats true, but unless you can make it carry eight men, it will break the missions

yes, like the mission

"Escape from prison" in the CWC campaign, where in the start you go ride in a hind . .

The reason the Mi-28 has the two spaces is to pick up the crew of another Mi-28 if theres a crash. Its not actually intended as a cargo chopper. Besides, whats with the hind bashing? Its one of the most kick-ass choppers ever notworthy.gif

Ahh well I guess I can stick my foot in my mouth since I don't have FFUR. Not to say that the Hind is crap, I just well... not a transport pilot, and the Mi-28 is well, par excellence compared to what's been out so far.