Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

small suggestion get rid of the fading on the main menu its rather annoying!

Yep true.

About the Blackhawk prob, you also get this graphic bug with the BIS one from time to time, i think i even had that riding in a BMP once, thought i was drunk when i saw a little gunner sitting on the shoulder of a comrade tounge2.gif

Yeah common and old bug, nothing to do with FFUR.

I'd still like this "texture aspect" error message looked at, please TB?

I'm not the only one who's experiencing this problem sad_o.gif

If you take a look through this thread and count all the posts where people bitched to have it released...

Ya, there might be a few things people find where a longer wait might have given less errors.

That's human nature mate!  tounge2.gif  You should ignore the bitching if U don't like it!

As for me I'm one step ahead of all of yea! U see I figure that the best beta testers by far are those that bitched like mad to have it released! They will play it to death morning and night and in less than a week there will be a pretty comprehensive bug report that no official beta testers could have even hoped to find!  whistle.gif

So I'm just hanging out and reading all the reports. -Why should I download something that I know is gonna cause problems when if I just wait a little longer TB will be releasing a properly beta tested and patched up version!  wink_o.gif

But then again I've got loads of patience and plenty of other things to keep me busy in life! Oh and on top of that I'm a crafty bastard!  nener.gif

I know that TB's work is excellent and I can wait for it to be perfect, so for me it is not yet released!  biggrin_o.gif

I think you are seeing it as "bitching" when in fact it's constructive criticism! Every body would like to see this mod the best it can be.I think the problem is people arn't saying thing's like "Now don't take this the wrong way but" or " thank's for the hard work, but" ect ect. Like some body else already said it's just human nature,we are not bitching. Once again thank's for all your'e hard work (every body involved) biggrin_o.gif

Trust me its nothing to do with the FFUR blackhawk, ive had that problem with many different choppers even BAS blackhawks, a graphical glitch afew people i know have had. smile_o.gif

I have added it on our server yesturday, so there is an another download on Ofp.4Players.de right herewink_o.gif

Btw. Great work thumbs-up.gif

With best regards

M-E

xmas_o.gif

Links to high-rez islands and sky pack are not working... "Anonymous access not allowed."

get this strange bug sometimes in the blackhawk

screenshot00833yf.jpg

I have that error in ffur1985, haven't seen it in 2006 though (yet).

and btw I solved my CTD issue by reinstalling 2006 without installing the sky pack and island pack.

get this strange bug sometimes in the blackhawk

[imghttp://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6674/screenshot00833yf.jpg/img]

I have that error in ffur1985, haven't seen it in 2006 though (yet).

Please don't quote images.

As far as I know, and as you can see above, several people experienced this bug with OFP, so it isn't especially due to FFUR...

Maybe something with OFP proxys.

Quote[/b] ]and btw I solved my CTD issue by reinstalling 2006 without installing the sky pack and island pack.

Maybe it's due to that, we will follow this way to figure it out...

Regards

Thunderbird84

why do i get winter like islands when playing ffur2006, all islands are covered with snow.please help im using the nordic islands as told in the readme, please help

ermmm when the M1 blows up i leaves no carcass same thign happens with a few different (non FFUR) addons. they blow up then disappear leaving only dead people where they were

Is there a patch released for FFUR2006 or something else? I get a "Bad version" message when I want to join SWAF FFUR Server.

damnit, now i cant find what pages it was explained what files to remove when removing the sky pack... (it appears that the new fire and smoke effects cause CTD, though i dont get any error, but the CTD always occurs if there is smoke or fire (and it also appears to be caused sometimes when things start to burn)

was it hwtl folder in the dta folder, data3d? and what more?

in dta folder , hwtl folder and data.pbo and data3d.pbo archives wink_o.gif

i have installed the sky pack in a separated mod folder (llauma) and i have had CTD's playing FFUR 2006 with it and playing ECP with it , mmmmm icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

Is there a patch released for FFUR2006 or something else? I get a "Bad version" message when I want to join SWAF FFUR Server.

This is because we (SWAF) currently have a mod necessary (called SWAF)to join our server which you don't have, but this will be changed soon, later today wink_o.gif

In the meantime, you can just create a folder inside your OFP directory called SWAF and put a few addons inside the Addons folder of this SWAF folder you just created then add SWAF to your mod list. (It doesn't matter which addons, it's just to trick OFP into thinking you have a mod called SWAF).

Also don't use the FFUR launcher because it doesn't load any other mod folders, just ffur2006. Even better, just use OFP Watch to launch your game. it simplifies everything to no extent wink_o.gif

Sorry this is our side mistake. we have placed a filter on server to allow only players with FFUR 2006 join because we have it publi however we have forgot to remove some of the Mod path folders on the exe so you do not have the SWAF Mod thus you cannot join. we are about to fix this so try in one hour

Quote[/b] ]i have installed the sky pack in a separated mod folder (llauma) and i have had CTD's playing FFUR 2006 with it and playing ECP with it , mmmmm

I dont get this when i use the same sky pack without the Fire and smoke textures i have the same sky pack one with the fire and smoke the other without and ive found out that the Fire and Smoke one CTD's on ECP and normal OFP not just FFUR.

Gentlemen for those of you that are enjoying FFUR 2006 I want to announce that SWAF is running 3  dedicated servers with it.

Currently we keep the other two for exclusive use of our members but we have one open for public so you can come and join our games.

We request you follow the server rules that are basically the same than any other squad.

The server ip is:  swafserver.seawolves.org Port 2312

We are already enjoying this excellent mod and our squad has adopted it fully on our games and servers.

You are welcomed to come and have fun on our server!

i have to ask, when you fot the CTD´s, what skypack did you use?

personally i use Modul sky

and i have recently changed to llauma sky to see if i still get CTD´s as it appers it MIGHT be caused by the new smoke and fire effects.

so i suggest that everyone that get´s a CTD with ffur 2006 writes their system specifications and what skypack they used.

my specifications:

AMD athlon 64 300+ 2.0Ghz

ATI Radeon 9800SE 128Mb

768Mb DDR SDRAM

Windows XP pro

1024x768x32 screen resolution when playing

1100m viewdistance

all shadows turned off

frame rate target about 15fps

6.17 detail quality

everything else that i might have forgotten should be turned all the way up!

hmm... yeah, thats about it i think... TB, tell me if i have missed anything...

I've removed the effects (smoke) from the sky packs as it looks a bit odd to me. But I haven't have any crashes in SP. yay.gif