Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

i agree with the mission editor the colours and the text are all too wrong

The text makes it difficult to make some words out since its on the front of some colours which blend in it makes things a lot harder for us mission makers biggrin_o.gif

But i like how you made it all spaced out

Quote[/b] ]"Medium grey" colored words on a "light grey" background mixed with pictures is not really helping my poor eyes to stop bleeding if you see what i mean.

Will try to find a way to figure this out in order to make the combo of colors less 'blinding'.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]black and white would be welcome

Transparent black or grey might be interesting, will test out several combos for obtaining the most suited background.

Quote[/b] ]It seems swimming is taken out this time on special forces for some reasons. Incoming FFUR 6.0 keeps this feature? or not?

It was taken out because reloading or switching to handgun in water makes you unable to move.

Thanks all for the kind words, though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Was replaying CWC with this mod and hit a small little glitch,

On the mission where your supposed to infiltrate the tank depot and knock out the tanks, one of the tanks on farthest to the left is just spinning around with it's engine on, it's almost near impossible to finish this mission, tried 10 times and finally just gave up (out of frustration).

Sounds like that T-80UM again! biggrin_o.gif

Don't wory I think TB is gonna fix this tank soon! wink_o.gif Basically it cannot be destroyed with sachels... whistle.gif

@ TB

Have i missed something in your replies, or did you miseed this problem? I tested it too, couldn`t destroy a T-80 with 2 satchels.

Please fix this, it ruins many missions. help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh and where will i find the class to define the crouch walk anim so i could switch it with the normal run anim if thats all right with you i just dont like it much

I quote my self

And are the craters totally not being included since they wouldnt create much lag (would they) on terms of scripting it wouldnt be too bad

And since they only occur rarely with a 40% (lets say) chance of it happening and it should be on heavy tanks and the explosion must of been a fierce one (eg, A round from an AT weapon like the Carl Gustav) then that should cut down on the amount of times the script is needed and therefore slow down lag

Also if loops are needed make them a lot slower since if the tank blows up it will take a while for the clouds to clear before you could tell if a crater was there or not so if you make a loop to about ~5 if needed that is it will also cut down lag alot

Oh and great job on cutting down the amount of addons thing load up so much faster its no more sit and wait for a few hours rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please fix this, it ruins many missions

Yeah, this was already reported and will be fixed in the next patch.

Quote[/b] ]And are the craters totally not being included since they wouldnt create much lag (would they) on terms of scripting it wouldnt be too bad

Not because of lag but because choppers 'mass' is too light and if you remember well, they were sometimes higher than 10 meters, for tanks it won't be that realistic, Tanks explosions throw debris around the main part while smoke billows away from the point of impact, plus this might cause some drops when there would be too much of destroyed tanks.

Regards

TB84

On the mission where your supposed to infiltrate the tank depot and knock out the tanks, one of the tanks on farthest to the left is just spinning around with it's engine on, it's almost near impossible to finish this mission, tried 10 times and finally just gave up (out of frustration).

Just completed this mission!  tounge2.gif ....

Bear in mind that the T80's cannot be destroyed by sachels, so a slight change in tactics is required!

Infiltrate the base as before, when it's clear make U're way to the tanks, place one sachel under the BMP walk up to the nearest T80 and get in as driver. Detonate the BMP, select main weapon control in T80 and take out the other T80 with three sabot rounds to the turret. Finnish off the rest of the camp using the tank, taking out the RPG soldiers as priority.

Make sure there is no one left alive in the camp, then get out and pick up an RPG from one of the enemy, three rounds to the turret should finnish the T80! ...Finally make U're way to extraction!  biggrin_o.gif

Not the intended procedure ...but some times improvisation is necessary in times of war!  nener.gif

Just completed this mission!  tounge2.gif ....

Bear in mind that the T80's cannot be destroyed by sachels, so a slight change in tactics is required!

Infiltrate the base as before, when it's clear make U're way to the tanks, place one sachel under the BMP walk up to the nearest T80 and get in as driver. Detonate the BMP, select main weapon control in T80 and take out the other T80 with three sabot rounds to the turret. Finnish off the rest of the camp using the tank, taking out the RPG soldiers as priority.

Make sure there is no one left alive in the camp, then get out and pick up an RPG from one of the enemy, three rounds to the turret should finnish the T80! ...Finally make U're way to extraction!  biggrin_o.gif

Not the intended procedure ...but some times improvisation is necessary in times of war!  nener.gif

Will try thanks, usually my plan is also improvised.

I usually sneak into the camp kill the Shilka crew members, the four guards, and the sentry then get into the Shilka drive it toward's the soldier's sitting around the camp fire and blow them all to hell, then place three satchels or drive each of the tanks towards the gas station and truck then place the satchels get in the Mi17 and boom. Usually the soldiers in the nearby village are deaf and won't notice anything until the last minute.

This may have been answered before (I can't seem to find the answer), but will the 6.0 packs be released in the upcoming days? Sorry if I look impatient, but I'm really anxious to play the 6.0 packs

my tactics is to

unpbo the mission

open it up in the editor

cam create a nice big LGB in the middle of the base and move the player to the extraction

rofl.gif

jk ill try that idea when i get to that mission or when i can be bothered to restart the campaign ive done it loads of times with each pack biggrin_o.gif

So .. France has an Army???!!

J/k biggrin_o.gif

I'd hate to sound like a broken record .. but grrreat job TB!!

Certainly added life to an older game!

The only comment I have is regarding the new light system. Looks great from the air but on ground I am afraid it looks unrealistic.

Is there anyway to disbale tracers? I have it disbled in options but for osme reason infantry seem to fire nothing but tracers??

Finally out of curiousty, you keep refering to having to go somewhere soon? New Job? Getting Married? biggrin_o.gif

Anyway great job! OFP will miss you!

Sounds like that T-80UM again! biggrin_o.gif

Don't wory I think TB is gonna fix this tank soon! wink_o.gif Basically it cannot be destroyed with sachels... whistle.gif

@ TB

Have i missed something in your replies, or did you miseed this problem? I tested it too, couldn`t destroy a T-80 with 2 satchels.

Please fix this, it ruins many missions. help.gif

Thats actually our fault, sorry, has something to do with the lods of the tanks huh.gif

one thing i find with this mod is frequenlty the icons on the map for your men (the circle with line pointing out) point the opposite way the men are actually facing.

There is an issue with the brdm in the Euro mod: Machinegunners engage the brdm while they cannot destroy it because its an armored vehicle. The brdrms weapon is too powerfull, it can destroy houses if it fires long enough.

Quote[/b] ]while they cannot destroy it because its an armored vehicle

Its armor's quite light and it's totally possible to penetrate it with 7.62mm bullets after 2 or 3 mags.

Quote[/b] ]The brdrms weapon is too powerfull, it can destroy houses if it fires long enough

BRDMs don't have a specifical mounted machine gun, that one implemented is the NSV which is very powerful (12.7x107mm).

Quote[/b] ]one thing i find with this mod is frequenlty the icons on the map for your men (the circle with line pointing out) point the opposite way the men are actually facing.

Check it out once again in the mission editor, it works fine here, I think it isn't a problem, just "men icons" haven't been refreshed during the mission you were playing.

Quote[/b] ]Looks great from the air but on ground I am afraid it looks unrealistic.

Yeah, as already reported, Ground reflection effects values would be decreased a bit.:)

Quote[/b] ]Finally out of curiousty, you keep refering to having to go somewhere soon? New Job?

Job. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This may have been answered before (I can't seem to find the answer), but will the 6.0 packs be released in the upcoming days? Sorry if I look impatient, but I'm really anxious to play the 6.0 packs

As soon as possible, hopefully the FFUR 2005 6.0 would be released on the 1st January...

Quote[/b] ]has something to do with the lods of the tanks

Thanks, it would hopefully be fixed as well.

Regards

Thunderbird84

one bug i found : the mission "revenge" is unplayable , it shows this error

no entry 'config.bin/CFGVehiclesRHS_gru_oficcer_s' huh.gif

regards xmas_o.gif

This problem isn't due to ffur because there's no Rhs_gru_officer class in FFUR cpp so far, I think it's maybe due to some RHS addons you've in your addons or your Res\addons folders.

Patch'em and try once again, or try the same mission once again without'em.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]Is the releas really this day?

HUH release is Cristmas its X-Mas eve today oh.. unless your not from Britain

hi guys, I have download the FFUR european crisis, but i have a problem, I hope you knows it. By the installation of the mod FFUR, you must choosh then your location.

example, C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\ffureuro

that example doesnt work

I have the invasion44 Mod, my addons folder is empty (I've did it my one)

example, C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\i44demo

Im starting up and I see red screen i heard well the music, but I cant play..

Please help me sad_o.gif thanks for all Lars (NL)

Quote[/b] ]hi guys, I have download the FFUR european crisis, but i have a problem, I hope you knows it. By the installation of the mod FFUR, you must choosh then your location.

that example doesnt work

Please help me sad_o.gif thanks for all Lars (NL)

There are several different versions of ofp over the world and each one has its own installation's path, that's why you may be able to change the directory of your "Operation Flashpoint" using any of the FFUR installers before you start installing the wanted pack.

"ffureuro"/"ffur1985"/"ffurasia"/"ffur1985d"/"ffur1985w"/"ffur2005"/ or any other mod's folder has to be in "Operation Flashpoint".

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

hi guys, I have download the FFUR european crisis, but i have a problem, I hope you knows it. By the installation of the mod FFUR, you must choosh then your location.

that example doesnt work

Please help me sad_o.gif  thanks for all Lars (NL)

Can't quite understand your English but in many cases you should remove the space between Operation and Flashpoint thus the target would be: C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\ffureuro.  wink_o.gif

Double click My Computer then Drive C then Program Files then Codemasters check how the folder 'Operation Fashpoint' is writen ie. Operation Flashpoint or OperationFlashpoint, mine is the later and thus I have to remove the space in the name from the default target in the installer.

Hope this helps!  smile_o.gif

well thanks voor the information wink_o.gif.. it is difficult.. which location have you guys it?

can U give me an example please I will play the mod! biggrin_o.gif.. I cant wait smile_o.gif

well thanks voor the information wink_o.gif.. it is difficult.. which location have you guys it?

can U give me an example please I will play the mod! biggrin_o.gif.. I cant wait smile_o.gif

sorry for my language, im not english haha wink_o.gif