Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

For some reason...all my ffur's are in a different language???....but I didn't see anywhere in the install to choose english?...what did I do wrong?

All FFUR selections titles have been writed in english, (campaign/ missions/ etc...).

But if we'd have some languages supports (spanish,czech,italian,german) then we'd fix that.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Both 2005 and 1985

-AS VAL has 64 round magazines

I have not yet installed this mod (My computer sucks to be honest, I can only start up desert island reliably)

, but I just noticed this post...

Do you have an AS VAL in 1985?

That would be quite a feat, considering the development of the VSS Vintorez started in 1987, and the AS VAL is based on the VSS...

In 1985, they would use AKM/AKMS rifles fitted with PBS-1's..

smile_o.gif

Tbird was informed of this. He made the final decision. He had to go through a great deal of repackaging of .pbo's every time some detail would turn up in my research.

Initially, the VSS Vintorez seemed like the most suitable choice (I've been deadset against the Bizon in an '80's campaign since its creation in OFP) to fill that role of silenced primary, but more research revealed that silenced AK's were used by Spetsnaz at that time.

Seems that the Soviets may have been a bit ahead of NATO in the use of silenced assault rifles, because I don't remember anything but silenced submachineguns being in vogue, back in the mid-80's. (The reasoning being that sound-moderating a super-sonic round was pointless.)

hmmmm...ya lost me there?....if they're in english...why am I hearing some other language...not english???...and its only FFUR that is doing this???...maybe i misunderstood you?Even the US side is non-english when giving commands.Is there somewhere I was supposed to check this?I'm talking about the sounds..not text BTW.

edit ..I wonder if it has to do with where I'm downloading it from?...the cz zite?

If you mean the radio voices :

US talk english, soviets/russian talk russian.

Regards

TB84

I figured it out...I had All set in voices...when I set it to single..US have english...must be something I had changed along time ago in my sound to give me a constant "rusky" voice as thats what i usually play...must have crossed up with the mod pack somehow...will try  the russian side set on "single" to see what happens.

edit.Weird..If I choose "single" under voices...both russian and USA are in english...when i switch to "ALL"...both are something else(russian or Cech,I'm not sure)

you'll always talk english as player, even if you're in a russian squad, but your teammates will still talk russian,though.

If you'd like to have russians talking english as before then take out all voiceRH.pbo from your ffurxxx\addons\ folders.

Regards

TB84

There is still a problem when aiming with the silenced .45 Pistol. You aim at the target but the bullet lands like 10 feet above it. I mentioned this in the last release.....

There is still a problem when aiming with the silenced .45 Pistol. You aim at the target but the bullet lands like 10 feet above it. I mentioned this in the last release.....

Ok, added to the list of bugs that need to be fixed.

Regards

TB84

Small fix/suggestion:

M1A2 carries 42 rounds, 30 rds APFSDS and 12 rds HEAT/MPAT.

Today's M1A2 use M829A3 shells instead of the old Silver Bullet.

T80UM (same goes for T72) carries 39 rounds, not 37. For FFUR 2K5 you should add the BM44 shell instead of the BM42M.

M60A3 got only 5950 rds of 7.62mm, not the same amount as the M1A2.

All APFSDS rounds are designated as APFSDS-T but neither is using a tracer script. Also the coax-mg's use standard BIS tracers instead of the 3:1 (RF) 5:1 (US) tracers.

you'll always talk english as player, even if you're in a russian squad, but your teammates will still talk russian,though.

If you'd like to have russians talking english as before then take out all voiceRH.pbo from your ffurxxx\addons\ folders.

Regards

TB84

That was the ticket..thanks smile_o.gif..what the problem was..I had modified the voices so when I was playing co-op I maintained my russian voice (As I always usually play rusky)and it was carring over to the US side the russian voice you had implemented..So I was hearing russian on the US side as well..hehe

hi !

first, i must congratulate all people who participated to FFUR makinig , its from far, the best replacmenet pack i ever play !

secondly , i would ask if we can play FFXUR in multiplayer game .

and third , can i combine ECP 1.085 and FFXUR at same time ?

thanks !

*downloading the packs , i cant wait!! 250KO/S is not enough !! *

Quote[/b] ]secondly , i would ask if we can play FFXUR in multiplayer game .

All of the packs have been done specifically for the single player aspect of the game, not for the multiplayer side. However, we expect to release later an extra config pack which will add a few modified configs for each conversion pack to allow players to use FFUR online.

Quote[/b] ]and third , can i combine ECP 1.085 and FFXUR at same time ?

No, each pack has its own effects,scripts,and changes...

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

okay i see ..

and what about FFUR AI talking etc divers script ?

Does it rocks enough for be a real conccurent to ECP 1.085 ?

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say (after all your hard work) but the Modern 2005 pack is not impressive. The models (players and weapons) are poor, and the sounds are horrible.

Eww... the addons used in the FFUR 2005 are the best ones ever carried out thus far, the majority of them are made by famous mods and people as RHS/ Laser/ ORCS/ CSLA...

The next time; it would be better that you make useful and interesting criticisms by arguing and explaining "what's so horrible?"... " and how can we deal to improve that?"

if not then don't take part anymore in this thread. smile_o.gif

Okay,

The sounds are poor to alright (so-so).

-----You could have spent more time looking for some good sounds which there are on the internet.

The models are alright.

-----The main model for the US player looks like a fat guy with a cap on. I'm not sure which player model you used, but I've seen better (Marine Assault Pack is good, some of Laser's models are good, etc). The weapons look terrible, I perfer the weapons in your Asian Crisis pack.

I'd give it a 6 (maybe 7) out of 10.

I was expecting better, I was looking forward to this day and downloading the Modern 2005 Pack hoping to cream my pants in happiness.

Futhermore, your Asian Crisis pack is pretty satisfying and I shall stick with that until I have the time to download one of the 1985 packs.

After reading your explanation of your useless post from earlier, I found this new post to be:

-disapointing

Baically, its just more useless moaning about nothing. I found it to be poor (so-so)

I was expecting better but I'll give it a 2 (maybe a 3)/10 and hope you can do better next time.

Quote[/b] ]

The sounds are poor to alright (so-so).

You could have spent more time looking for some good sounds which there are on the internet.

lol. ok dude, then bring us some "pretty" sounds that we'll use instead of our "poor" ones.

Quote[/b] ]The models are alright.

-----The main model for the US player looks like a fat guy with a cap on. I'm not sure which player model you used, but I've seen better (Marine Assault Pack is good, some of Laser's models are good, etc). The weapons look terrible, I perfer the weapons in your Asian Crisis pack.

"A fat guy with a cap on?" -> this model has been carried out by Hyakushi, one of the most talentend addon maker of the community, the textures belong to a talented addon maker from RHS as well, and the texturing-job's mine and seems not bad at all. "modestly,though".

Btw if you dislike so much these models, so what the hell are you waiting to show us yours ?

Quote[/b] ]I was expecting better, I was looking forward to this day and downloading the Modern 2005 Pack hoping to cream my pants in happiness.

Well unfortunately we can't please everyone, if you're so disappointed then go ahead and make your own mod.

Quote[/b] ]Does it rocks enough for be a real conccurent to ECP 1.085 ?

At first: Mods may share common intentions while having unique objectives. FFUR has focused on new model replacements keeping balanced between realism and gameplay, while ECP has mainly focused on new effects and gameplay elements.

ECP isn't a competitor of FFUR and the same goes for us towards 'em, many of them are our friends and some partners, just as for y2k3, regardless of the relationship they have between each other.

I learned cpp editing by reading Pappys tutorials and learned to make my first basic scripts from just studying ECP scripts and OFPEC tuts.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

hi, i have downloaded the winter pack and it is increidible! it seems i have a new brand game ! really awesome notworthy.gif you are the best and i really apreciate your hard work , i can't understand how there is people who complain about this gift pistols.gif thank you very very much !! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Hi - was REALLY looking forward to getting my hands on this. But, having installed the "Modern" pack directly from the link in this forum I can't get it to run. I've done a fresh install of ofp (goty) - uprated it to 1.96, installed ffur to the ofp folder and created a shortcut EXACTLY as per the example given - yes, I've checked word spacing etc. Problem is, it still links straight to, and starts up, basic ofp 1.96 and not ffur.

I've noticed that the installation readmes refers to an ffur folder (I can't find one or anything else that looks like a mod folder - although I do now have other ffur items and files dotted about in the main ofp folder). I have re-installed twice now, with no progress. I'm not a newb to this, but am I missing something ??.

Rats

i have the same cananyone help shortcut starts normal flashpoint.

What can i say? But its <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>excellent</span> work!!!!!!!!

A small release for you, but a great release for OFP. One of the biggest highlighst of a game community ever!!!!  notworthy.gif

Great JOB!!!!!!! FFUR team inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

Awsome!!!!

Ive been twisting my nipples waiting for something like this to come along. Downloading the Desert one now smile_o.gif

On a side note, for all those experiencing model errors when they try to use units from under the 'SJB - Weapons' class in the editor, its because Thunderbird only included the models in the SJB_TOSM4.PBO for the weapons he wanted, but left all the config entries for the other weapons intact - i.e. every single weapon is still defined in the config.cpp, but only 8 or 9 weapon models are actually present, and as such, only 8 or 9 weapons can actually be used.

To correct this, simply install the FULL V1.1 Pack, which can be found HERE, and over-write SJB_Optics.pbo and SJB_TOSM4.pbo in your FFURxxx/Addons folder.

@danowen/Ratsnest: Sounds like FFUR has installed to your MAIN OFP folder, and not an FFUR MOD-FOLDER, check the install, uninstall it, and recheck the install path before hitting OK, it should read something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\ffur2005

As that isn't my default installation path, having reinstalled OFP GOTY, I had to change it, I also personallised the mod-folder name with an @ for easy identification:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation_Flashpoint\@ffur2005

Ok, I just gave it a small test. I'm on my other CPU now my other one was too slow.

First of all, I laughed at the new laptop... I think yall should have kept the old :P

If anybody wants to Download these packs faster, look no further than

http://www.download.com/Interne....lst-0-3

You'll be downloading these things 3 to 4 times faster than normal (Cable line folks can go from 14-15 minutes to only 5 or 6 minutes