Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

I've heard that AA is set for release in Q4 2005-unfortunalty, I've seen little or no news regarding AA on any game sites. Is this release date still confirmed?

I do not believe that "ArA" will come out this year. I saw first online stores with an announcement of 1.Q. 2006. It seems that it is not so easy to find a publisher for this job.

So for myself, I bought last weekend a xbox :-) so I can be sure that i will play ofp with new features in less then 2 weeks  tounge2.gif

Yes things are a little quiet.. whistle.gif

No new news, no new screenies, no new announcements, no new anything.. considering we're 1/2 way through October now.

Quote[/b] ]New additional screenshots for Armed Assault were added on our website today. You can see them in the left corner of this site. More screenshots and news will be available soon together with the new version of our official Armed Assault website

The big bomb is nearly set.

I'm guessing the publisher comes along with the new website.

Stay alert. wink_o.gif

It is realy a little bit too quiet. I was hoping for a little info this days. sad_o.gif

@ Colossus

I`m on high alert, that you can bet on. wink_o.gif

I do hope it's soon. Real soon. wink_o.gif

However, you all realise this is so locked. band.gif Just saying. smile_o.gif

Maybe BIs is aiming for a "Shock and Awe" surprise release nener.gif

Alert^2 smile_o.gif

I think this thread will be closed soon. So I post also my opinion:

ARMA will come in Q4 2005, trust me. Except Placebo tell us a diffrence. smile_o.gif

Then what would be the point of calling it Armed Assault since CM owns the OFP name. They could still call it OFP if the publisher is CM. huh.gif Makes no sense.

I think ArmA will be released in early 2006 and CM is I think the publisher again banghead.gif

I worry thats the case yes. Deadline is christmas, nothing happens before the next year after that. confused_o.gif

If nothing happens soon it's gone be 2006 before we get it.

I wouldn't pressure BIS to move the release forward, that would be fatal and alot of "casualties"

could be made if they do that. But it must be released sooner or later.

I still have faith, just need to hang on. smile_o.gif

Will do:)

Really lookin' forward to it.

*tick*

....!

*tock*

banghead.gif

Is time slowing down, or is it just me?

(As much as I hate saying it) Take your time BIS and do it right, as you have in the past.

@crave - yup! just waiting for the hammer to fall. nener.gif

I also doubt ARMA will come out this year, it would hurt OFP Elite's sales badly biggrin_o.gif . That is problably why we dont see much advertising now, Arma should look better and people would just wait for the PC version instead of buying elite wink_o.gif .

BIS must be focusing on ARMA's development now that elite is finally gold, they will need to finish the game, deal with the publisher stuff, advertise and promote like crazy, etc.

Wouldnt make sense releasing a secret game just to meet a rough deadline, its unfortunate for us that suffer though but 2006 seems very likely sad_o.gif .

I also doubt ARMA will come out this year, it would hurt OFP Elite's sales badly biggrin_o.gif . That is problably why we dont see much advertising now, Arma should look better and people would just wait for the PC version instead of buying elite wink_o.gif .

Judging my those smilies you're not serious, but i'll correct you anyway. biggrin_o.gif

For average owner of XBOX there is nothing connecting ArmA and OFP: Elite. Most likely just the developer, but they won't really know that. As for OFP fans... I am sure as hell not buying OFP: Elite. I can't even imagine playing it with XBOX Controller after playing it from 4 years with keyboard + mouse. I might hire it for couple of days to see what it is like, but that's pretty much it..

Hopefully it's in time for me b-day at least. Note to self: new graphics card for Christmas. Also gonna need some more RAM. tounge2.gif

@Scrub

Hammer will fall any time now. And it will fall hard. whistle.gifnener.gif

Ok ok let me try a date... hmm (Cant we have somecind of lottery on this?) 21th January ? thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

Nice banner IzE biggrin_o.gif

I think arma will be go gold the 4th january, and released the 20th here in europe.. While US and AU must wait until 1st february

I think we'll get ArmA before the end of this year for some reasons (Mainly commercial/financial ones...).

Christmas's the year's period which usually brings us a lot of games.

:P

Regards

TB84

Dammit, i thought someone had an eye on the new Armed Assault website. smile_o.gif