Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

DMA CoIn Coop Engine

tacrod the problem with rest is still present

c_rest.sqs // we cant pass this part as need_rest is still false

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?! (need_rest) : hint "You don't need rest (client\c_rest.sqs)"; exit

mission\mission_control.sqs // only place where you set need_rest true

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#mission_over

need_rest = true

// how to get there:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#have_mission

? (mission_type >= 90) : goto "mission_over"

// mission_type is set on various occasions - either it gets overwritten at some point wrongly or we dont get to #have_mission

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? (have_mission) : goto "have_mission"

have_mission = true

? (mission_type > 0) : goto "have_mission"

after that it gets a bit complicated to keep the overview.

hopefully this info helps ya

also i could only once call support gui - didnt even use it.

no go afterwards confused_o.gif

also the pilots are having a hard time.

it worked only at the start. second time one was missing somehow. third time when we called them to extract us ... they were lying dead in the base whistle.gif

besides that GREAT biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm, we need a smilie for shooting yourself in the head

pistols.gifsad_o.gif

That'll have to do for now. Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to rework the whole get mission/need rest thing. Don't know about the pilots, the only thing that has changed is when the movein commands happend.

I didn't even touch the support code, so I don't know what happened there.

banghead.gif

Anyway thanks. I'll try to simplify the code as much as possible for the next release.

we deactivated this line for now

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?! (need_rest) : hint "You don't need rest (client\c_rest.sqs)"; exit

and it works fine if ppl dont misuse it.

i really like DAC being in there as it makes it even more dynamic and unpredictable - like once we were flying to an objective and suddenly a bmp was firing upon the chopper (WGL version). we got sacred as hell biggrin_o.gif

our problem with the support might be related to mapclick somehow. as we didnt knew how to use it first, we might have clicked too much whistle.gif

or it has been acitvated at the same time with chopper calling in.

well i am not sure if you really need to rewrite that part. it looks well thought. there might be just some logic bug slipped throught or something. with some debugging we should be able to find the problem - if you can supply us with a version for it.

maybe i can arrange ftp access to the server missions folder for you, so you could upload and test them yourself in general a bit (as you dont happen to have this yet right?).

If you guys have a wgl version you would like to release, I'd like to play it.

...third time when we called them to extract us ... they were lying dead in the base  whistle.gif

Prehaps DAC troops killed them off. Might be best to set them captive true unless they are actually in the chopper.

I am currently looking for testers for CoIn2. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Some experience with other DMA missions is preferred. It can be played both SP and MP.

Cheers smile_o.gif

Any news ho great Tacrod? biggrin_o.gif

Do you think you will use Libya Addon and Toyota wars? they are both fully downloadable with one link, i think it should help them to be promoted as multiplayer full mod.

I already made coop mission for them.

We just had a chance for quick test this mission in pure version.

And we had found such issues

1) When starting from base by helo, AI started so fast, that we crashed into hangar smile_o.gif That was really fast.

2) We had assault mission for Petrovice. We cleared area (well, at least there was no one in Petrovice) but mission was not finished. And we cannot exit mission, so no save, no next mission and so on sad_o.gif I think there should be option to quit mission in such situation. And better conditions for its success.

3) We left mission when our base was destroyed by our own tank. He get int o hangars and ruine them. After this I had no more strenght to say to my friends "hey, let's try again".

Im hesitant about posting this, as perhaps I have done something rather dense (again).

I downloaded all the required addons. And Tacrod PMed me the CoIn2 files, but it seems that the mission folder is named coin2.DMA_LIBYA and the Libya Island mission files should be named *.Libya_256 not *.DMA_LIBYA.

Are there two versions of this island? I know it was beta. I dont understand and I know Tacrod is away for a while.... help.gif

search for 'toyota wars' - there is new version of libya

Aaaaah!! Thank you kindly klamacz! thumbs-up.gif

Does realizing I'm thick, make me just a little smarter confused_o.gif ?

Is ArmA really due out that soon? I really want to have CoIn2 out before the release. Back to the editor...

Apparently so.

H1 2006 they say.  It aint out yet and probably wont be out in May so June is the last month of Half 1 of this year.

However, nothing is final so it'll probably be out in time for Christmas 2000-and-something.  wink_o.gif

Panic over. ArmA has at least 3 more months of development.

Probably wont be out this side of Xmas if ask me.

So bring on CoIn2! yay.gif

When one choose helo dialog, everyone see it. Annoying and dangerous if there is fight at the same time.

Still pilot likes to crash wink_o.gif

The link seems to be dead, can anyone please host it somewhere? smile_o.gif

The only 'problem' i found was that when the player respawns he has his pistol out but it isn't selected.  Other than that it works fine.

Also

{

Might be nice to see:

Random sand storms

(my system strugles with DAC but i think it would be worth it)

Armed Humvees instead of Jeeps

and thats about it.

}

Hi !

The link you point to (http://ofpc.de/dma/download.php) gives access to CCE v0.3 but not the latest version (v0.41 I think).

Can anyone point me to a mirror or something ? Thanks !

Malick

i 2nd this. please redirect!

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with all sorts of nonsense. Anyway, the link in the first post should work again, or failing that:

> CCE v0.41 <

Enjoy smile_o.gif

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with all sorts of nonsense. Anyway, the link in the first post should work again, or failing that:

> CCE v0.41 <

Enjoy smile_o.gif

thanks! smile_o.gif