Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

DMA CoIn Coop Engine

As i said before i tried it out once before, it really feels like your in the middle of a war thats going on around you.

I also changed all the player team to black ops, to give the impression that youre team are assigned special missions to be carried out durring the main operation...

I have yet to try out tacrods, more profesional, merger but if my early test was anything to go by....

As i said before i tried it out once before, it really feels like your in the middle of a war thats going on around you.

I also changed all the player team to black ops, to give the impression that youre team are assigned special missions to be carried out durring the main operation...

I have yet to try out tacrods, more profesional, merger but if my early test was anything to go by....

I didn't add many DAC squads into default CCE because I was not sure how performance would be affected. However, DAC makes it extremely easy for people to add as many squads as they want. Also, it would be very little work to add in friendly squads and civilians. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is that the CCE campaign values will be applied properly to respawned DAC units.

I'll say it again, DAC is a work of genius.

The only problem i can think of is that DAC placed friendly troops might 'interfere' with mission objectives.

eg: DAC US troops engage, eliminate and complete a S&D mission before you even leave your base...etc.

Also those types of missions are dead easy, I call in arty and CAS and sit at base and watch the markers drop off the map!!

To stop people doing this, maybe it would be a good idea to make support available on a timer or "purchasable" as follows;

Create another variable like ‘support’, this increments on successful missions.

Give CAS a value of 10, when used it deducts 10 from 'support'

Give Artillery a value of 5, when used it deducts 5 from 'support'  

While 'support' = zero, no support is available untill enough 'support' is saved up.

This would make the player a little more reserved when calling for support.  

Or maybe use a 50/50 chance of being denied support...

The only problem i can think of is that DAC placed friendly troops might 'interfere' with mission objectives.

eg: DAC US troops engage, eliminate and complete a S&D mission before you even leave your base...etc.

Also those types of missions are dead easy, I call in arty and CAS and sit at base and watch the markers drop off the map!!

To stop people doing this, maybe it would be a good idea to make support available on a timer or "purchasable" as follows;

Create another variable like ‘support’, this increments on successful missions.

Give CAS a value of 10, when used it deducts 10 from 'support'

Give Artillery a value of 5, when used it deducts 5 from 'support'  

While 'support' = zero, no support is available untill enough 'support' is saved up.

This would make the player a little more reserved when calling for support.  

Or maybe use a 50/50 chance of being denied support...

Couple of questions and comments.

1. Is support (ie Artillery) only available for certain kinds of missions. I get the S and D mission but dont see any support capability. What do I need to do to get it.

2. Created a mission using WGL as team/friendly/enemy spawn. Overall works well so far. I plan on moving this to Gaia soon.

Thanks for the effort.

Also, Malick has released his conversion in this thread. It plays much better than original CCE, please give it a try.

Wow, I'm honored.  xmas_o.gif

By the way, the new CCE v0.3 works well, DAC is a nice addition. Good job on this one, as always !

Keep up the good work, lads !

Malick

I read in Malicks posts that there was an error on the convoy truck spawning script. He corrected it in his version. Is it corrected in this version. Im assuming that this thread is the base engine for CCE. Thanks for the update.

Quote[/b] ]I read in Malicks posts that there was an error on the convoy truck spawning script. He corrected it in his version. Is it corrected in this version. Im assuming that this thread is the base engine for CCE. Thanks for the update.

The bug in convoy trucks spawning script is my fault, not tacrod's. I modified a script and let an error slip in. All scripts are functional in original CCE while my additions/modifications have a little experimental touch biggrin_o.gif

Malick

Well Im starting to get deeper into the battle here with this mission. Its great fun. Ive been playing this one mission all day and a couple of things have come out. So far Ive done a defend the base mission, search and rescue, and seek and destroy. I still havent seen how we call in support. When does this come up.

Also when I die and respawn the soldiers that are still alive in my original team are still members of my group. So now all of a sudden Im controlling guys that are at the base and guy that are still in the battle zone. Gets confusing when trying to load vehicles.

Now as far as vehicles go, do I only get the trucks and vehicles you start with at the base or will more spawn in?

Also

When I have done a seek and Destroy mission, and I clear out the area I get an RTB request even though I find more nme soldiers are rolling into the area I just cleared and while Im still there. Is this a good thing? crazy_o.gif

Im using WGL units on Gaia and so far so good. Keep up the good work.

tacrod can you plz look into mapfact's respawn by raedor  notworthy.gif

its a system to have your teams the ability to revive each other - limited times or infinite.

please add this as an optional way of respawn system via param1/2  notworthy.gif

this makes a mission a LOT more immersive and forces players

to actually play as a team  wink_o.gif

--link--

also i would suggest to change the current respawn to instant (?) like it was done in the other conversions.

like being respawned where you died 10 seconds later.

also a great thing to have for the chopper transport would be (optional ! ) that it isnt actually flying all the way to the destination but is beamed like 80-90 percent of the way (like once the chopper is in the air and got moving, small blackout scene and now the chopper is like 1km next to the destination (waypoint) - same for return).

this would make your mission even better !

as you have to take into account that you dont want to have all the objectives next to your base, but flying long distances just takes too much time, if you do this more than a few times  whistle.gif

maybe some guys like doing this  tounge2.gif

thats why i said optional.

thanks for your effort  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]tacrod can you plz look into mapfact's respawn by raedor

its a system to have your teams the ability to revive each other - limited times or infinite.

That's a nice idea, but what happens if your team mates do not revive you in time ? I don't know how this works exactly but might give it a try.

Malick

tacrod can you plz look into mapfact's respawn by raedor notworthy.gif

please add this as an optional way of respawn system via param1/2 notworthy.gif

to actually play as a team wink_o.gif

--link--

also i would suggest to change the current respawn to instant (?) like it was done in the other conversions.

would this work with single player?

for the transport Heli, I think Malick has the perfect solution at his version

quiet_man

The other link points to gamezone.cz, not the new gamepark link:

Mapfact Respawn

I started looking at this a day or two ago for other projects. It should be easy enough to implement it.

It's possible to implement a "resources" system for buying support and so forth. Perhaps each successful mission would add "support points", for example. However, I am too busy with other projects to implement this right now.

Quote[/b] ]1. Is support (ie Artillery) only available for certain kinds of missions. I get the S and D mission but dont see any support capability. What do I need to do to get it.

Arty is not available on assault missions, but should be available for all others. To call support in, click on the radio option, then click on the map. A dialogue should appear, giving you a selection of fire support types to chose from.

Quote[/b] ]When I have done a seek and Destroy mission, and I clear out the area I get an RTB request even though I find more nme soldiers are rolling into the area I just cleared and while Im still there. Is this a good thing?

The number of kills you need to win should be defined in the mission\mission_sad.sqs file, you can set this to whatever you want.

@Q

The helo warp idea is pretty good, but once again, I don't have time to do this right now.

maybe Malick or Pathetic_Berserker wanna give it a try wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

about sp aspect with mapfact's respawn.

AI should be able to revive you in theory, but it wouldnt work well.

thats also why i said optional - to choose between current way and this new one smile_o.gif

maybe Malick or Pathetic_Berserker wanna give it a try  wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

about sp aspect with mapfact's respawn.

AI should be able to revive you in theory, but it wouldnt work well.

thats also why i said optional - to choose between current way and this new one  smile_o.gif

I'll certainly look into it.

maybe Malick or Pathetic_Berserker wanna give it a try  wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

Well, as I've already got working insertion/extraction scripts and taking into account that I spent countless nights trying to make them work properly (without the helo hitting a tree, trying to do a looping or simply not moving) I must admit I won't look into it immediatly... confused_o.gif

In a future release, I may be giving the choice to the player between two sets of scripts: one like it is right now, the other with helo warp. You click on insertion and you are "warped" in the helo above the LZ. For me it is an ambiance killer, but for people willing to have a quick fight, it's possible.

Malick

i didnt meant that you should be directly above the extraction point, but think of some bigger islands like gaia, samak hills etc - it you want to make full use of the terrain, it takes AGES for the chopper to fly - 30 seconds to 1 min is okay, but longer - if you do it 10, 20, 50 times ... wink_o.gif

An idea that I played with for the original CoIn was to teleport the squad with a black in and setpos a helo closeby that then then flew back to base. The units never actually entered the helo, and it avoided the OFP issues of trying to get an AI helo to land. In the end I scrapped it for a reason I can't recall...

One idea I am going to try out for CoIn 2 is to have helo pilots as playable. To keep things interesting they will have a choice of transport, and when purchased, recon and attack helos.

By the way, I am wondering what kind of experiences people have had with the new CCE release. Any strange bugs? Is the server/client relationship more stable?

Quote[/b] ]i didnt meant that you should be directly above the extraction point, but think of some bigger islands like gaia, samak hills etc - it you want to make full use of the terrain, it takes AGES for the chopper to fly - 30 seconds to 1 min is okay, but longer - if you do it 10, 20, 50 times ...

Yeah I know, already above Nogova, if your mission is on the other side of the island it can take ages... But I may look into it, in fact, finding something in between.

Malick

EDIT: tacrod, the method you cited seems a good work around, although the black in/black out screens may pose MP problems, no ? Like getting stuck with a black screen, as it was with the rest command in CCE.

A very crude way to clear blackin problems would be to have a "Force blackin" command available on the radio menu. Alternatively, force a blackin whenever the player calls for mission info. I am not sure how instantaneous blackins can be made, and it's an ugly solution, but I just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

i didnt meant that you should be directly above the extraction point, but think of some bigger islands like gaia, samak hills etc - it you want to make full use of the terrain, it takes AGES for the chopper to fly - 30 seconds to 1 min is okay, but longer - if you do it 10, 20, 50 times ... wink_o.gif

Personally, I enjoy the chopper rides biggrin_o.gif

By the way, I am wondering what kind of experiences people have had with the new CCE release. Any strange bugs? Is the server/client relationship more stable?

I had a CTD just this morning  I played a C&D (I called in all kinds off support, and had to 'RTB' with out even getting to the field!  wink_o.gif  )  I then visited the CO, then Rested.  (not sure if you intended this, but the mission no longer blacks out durring a purge...) Then a Defend the Base, but this crashed out with no errors....

EDIT: Also, i didn't come across any DAC units.  What and how many have you created?

EDIT2: Can some one do me a real favour and send me that mapfact respawn file or a different link but in ZIP format rather than rar? I get my stuff from work, and the servers dissallow .rar files.... help.gif

I had a CTD just this morning I played a C&D (I called in all kinds off support, and had to 'RTB' with out even getting to the field! wink_o.gif )

I'm assuming that spawning and deleting units is what causes all of these crashes, disconnects, etc. To address this, what does everyone think of this idea:

- Reduce enemy CCE squads to a maximum of 3 (plus 1 VIP squad)

- Limit CCE squad sizes to 10 men maximum

- Increase overall enemy skill (to increase the challenge)

- Increase DAC squads significantly

- Allow DAC to handle the friendlies at the base (less spawning/deleting for CCE)

DAC is more stable than CCE, so the more that it handles, the better.

What do people think of this idea?

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Also, i didn't come across any DAC units. What and how many have you created?

From memory, only about a dozen enemy infantry squads (and some of those stay to guard their spawn camps). This can be easily increased at the user's discretion. For testing purposes, make sure you change the correct values in the DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqs file. Check the editor's guide and DAC documentation for how to do this.

Quote[/b] ](not sure if you intended this, but the mission no longer blacks out durring a purge...)

This is intentional. Some people reported clients failing to black in after a purge, so I removed the blackout.

HERE is the Mapfact Respawn in zip format.

HERE is the Mapfact Respawn in zip format.

notworthy.gif You star! thanks for that! notworthy.gif

About the rest of the things you mentioned..

Would it be possible to have DAC actually spawn the mission dependant enemy AI including the VIP? Might not be possible, i don't think you can name DAC spawned items....never mind.

I think your ideas sound good,if thats whats causing the faults.

tacrod can you plz look into mapfact's respawn by raedor  notworthy.gif

please add this as an optional way of respawn system via param1/2  notworthy.gif

to actually play as a team  wink_o.gif

--link--

Tried it & loved it!

The respawn on the spot might be a nice touch...but this mapfact respawn is very nice indeed. The only thing is that if no one gets to you, you die for good!(some people might like this...). What would be good is to have players respawn at the base if the medic fails to reach them on time,