Sign in to follow this  
crave22

WWI Mod

I suppose that makes me a Lieutenant Harley? I have posted the latest missions i've written on the forums under the topic story line

i agree with hunter, that tank is WAY to small! whn i made one years ago i think it had something like 20ish people in it?! crazy_o.gif

Wildo

I'm no addonmaker but scaling it shouldn't be too much of a problem there. I for one can't judge the size effectively just from that screenshot (I would never make a good Gunner like my Grandpa wink_o.gif).

Conors, you may take a substantive captaincy if you so desire smile_o.gif. I'll give your Cambrai campaign a read now.

Those german things surely were monsters - no wonder they only built a dozen of them - must have had a platoon running the damn things crazy_o.gif.

If the damn thing's had actually been able to make it to the starting line and accompany the troops, I know i sure would have run from them.

Unless I was at the lanyard of an 18pdr gun over open sights, that is wink_o.gif.

i think it had something like 20ish people in it?! crazy_o.gif

It had a crew of 16 if I recall correctly.

Hi, the A7V has the following dimensions 7.35m long, 3.06 meter width and 3.30 meter high. There is some confusion about the crew. For unknown reason some sources said, that each MG has two men crew, that is a little bit too much, there are two for the gun, one driver, one commander, 6 mg-gunner, one machinist and one loader, making it a crew of 12, sources that count two mg gunners said 18 but tis is too much. Dimensions were taken from the well made EMHAR model kit.

bild91ed.jpg

I'm not too bothered about the size as long as it works and can kill things

My book on German WWI tanks confirms that length for the A7V... And given the perspective of that screenshot (tank well in the background) I'm not worried about the size just yet.

I AM, though, really happy not only that we're getting the A7V, but getting one that looks so good! And I've long wanted a sim that featured operational WWI armor. The closest I've come so far are those in the WWI mod for Fighter Squadron: Screamin' Demons Over Europe. OFP will be a MUCH better home.

Shinkansen's done his homework, so count me among those who're eagerly anticipating this release!

Nyah we have some propaganda.  i.e. I got slaughtered in my Sopwith Strutter and watched my flight get torn to pieces by a "Circus" of Albatros over Anjou.

ce165c71.jpg

All aircraft by Shinkansen, and Conor will probably be posting a pile of individual aircraft pictures in full quality!

Hi, nice picture! The Strutter (1916) is no real match for the Albatros C.XV (1918), I think I should model a really late war british fighter, maybe Sopwith Dolphin...

ATM TyphoonSG1 has taken the Operation Somme Forums down for some Christmas maintenance.  On the Christmas-ty note;

Christmas.jpg

Ho ho ho.  Merry Christmas to everyone!  May your interest in this mod remain strong as the mod grows.

EDIT: That's supposed to be a blizzard in the piccy, except it looks like a North Sea fog!

Hi shinkansen just trying to get those ww1 units hosted for ya, having some probs with server, will get it sorted tho!

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

to our comrades at the WW1 mod from House Divided, your mod teams work is appreciated and stretches the boundaries of possibilities no less than those mods reflecting the era of musketry.

Keep up the good work, and rest assured that as time comes back, i will be greatly expanding the ww1 infantry in support of your vision and efforts.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all in the BI Community from Operation Somme!

Merry Christmas to the House Divided mod!

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR (damn caps lock), and just what is it i do in the mod?

...and just what is it i do in the mod?

Post screen shots tounge2.gif, write draft campaigns? Will comment on your Cambrai doc on the forum ASAP.

speaking of draft mission let me just fetch my laptop and my usb stick

Shinkansen, you are doing some great work. Keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Indeed, these planes are looking very nice. A great improvement in the models and textures over previous versions. Cannot wait to see more screens smile_o.gif

One or two shots for you

hunter9km.jpg

A British shopwoth strafes a german sub.

subs9jy.jpg

A group of German submarines heading out to sea

Enjoy them

They are enjoyed! Looks great so far, especially those German submarines.

OMG, it's U-571 all over again! See the Americans on the U-Boat!

tounge2.gif

Nice shots anyway. In the first one you can just imagine a "Rat-at-at-at-at-at" of the Vickers going off smile_o.gif.