Sign in to follow this  
crave22

WWI Mod

Hi all we are currently in need of someone who can make addons vehicles, troops etc if you are interested email me on JAmesf3@gmail.com and/or sign up on the operation somme forum and send me a PM

Speaking of forum, all the troubles we've had with the forum are now OVER, so we'd like to invite all interested parties back to the Operation Somme Forums, as your support and input are invaluable, and there may be important questions coming up.

Hi all if you have tried to sign up on the forums but you have not been able to the probelm as now been sorted so get posting oin the forum whistle.gif

"...those Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines."

Nice Airco.

Still looking for plans of an "R" Class btw, but unless I pay Å25 I won't be finding any time soon. I'll see if I can find any model kits.

To show in cutscenes that there is a big battle taking place, I have thought of making some kind of "Sandkasten" in which the troops were shown as counters moving around.

The first picture showing the divisions...

cambrai019tf.jpg

In the second picture some of the divisions are splitted to brigade level showing four infantry and four artillery brigades. The black-white box is a ruler of 5 miles length.

cambrai026ow.jpg

The last pic shows the combat ranges of the infantry (circles of around 0.5 mile radius) and the range of the artillery (about 10 miles)

cambrai033so.jpg

Unfortunatly I can't make transparent textures biggrin_o.gif

Canadian, don't moan, if you don't like 'em you can always download an enchancement mod. I personally happen to like playability and stability more than fancy pancy effects.

Yes, you are welcome to get ECP for better looking effects, but I think we would like to accomidate those with low end PCs also.

uh....i was just kidding. I havent used BIS effects in ages and was just noticing how orange they looked. biggrin_o.gif

And I'll damn well moan if I want to dammit.  mad_o.gif  

Lighten up.

EDIT: get back on topic..dont worry about me and the bad BIS effects. crazy_o.gif

All moaning is allowed smile_o.gif.

I have to admit, the default BIS explosions look awful when it's supposed to be the cataclysmic ground shock of 8 15" shells. :P.

As for that docucrap on C4, I suppose it's good that it draws attention to what our forefathers went through. The day that a program goes on TV which IMO brings it right home to the ungrateful youth of today what their great grandaddies went through for them to get another ASBO will probably be the day I die. The closest I've ever seen was "The Great War" documentary, not one of these damn "docu-dramas".

In America they came up with the adage "The Greatest Generation" for those who fought in the Second World War. Last i heard there was no such epithet to adequately praise those who fought the good fight in WW1.

Hmm, rant over.

Rest assured, the missions in this mod will be of the highest quality. Come to the forum and contribute to the mission ideas, people!

will there be a beta pack released? Because i've been aching for a decent wwI mod for yonks! And will there be trench ladders?

There will be trench ladders, when our skilled addon maker(s) can sort out trenches.

For news on release and more information, the forum is the place to go as always.

A thought I just had.  Obviously there are a lot of popular conceptions of "The Great War", some reinforced by film.  So, here's a list of good films covering the period from which we may be able to draw info.  Add any if you think it should be on the list smile_o.gif.

Paths of Glory

All Quiet on the Western Front

Aces High

And those are the only ones I've seen and thought of as good for inspiration.

I've also read umpteen "Biggles" books from the First War, from which we could get some cracking missions.  Anyone think of some other books of note which might give some useful inspiration?

Thanks in advance, Harley