Goeth

FDF Mod

Why the long faces.....???

They haven't gone completely...... Kyllikki will never leave our little club is part of him now smile_o.gif

Sorry to see FDF gone for OFP/resistance... we use the mod on our Aussie OGN server still...and it will keep running until Armed assault arrives on our door step.... goodnight.gif

Thanks for all the work you have done and kept the Downunder servers running on a teriffic mod....

Hope the Future for FDF will climax in Armed assault WWII mod smile_o.gif

Sad to hear you have been losing team members. But that's life, people find something new to do and they have to let something else go.

For a long time it was only FDF Mod that kept me playing OFP. Being a Finnish Defence Forces reservist of course has influenced this a lot. I have always been very amazed of the high quality sounds that you guys made for The Mod. When I fired the RK62 for the couple of first times, it made me feel like I was back in the real FDF! I think the weapon sounds are the best thing in the whole Mod. A big thank you for that.

smile_o.gif

I am eagerly waiting to see The Mod in Armed Assault. The Team really deserves a break from modding. But I am sure you guys have your motivation back once Armed Assault is released...

thumbs-up.gif

Without a doubt, the best OFP Mod in history! notworthy.gif And could have been the best ww2 mod too. Fingers crossed for ArmA.

very pity, but could you give us your untested addons? It's also nice. Anyway, dont think its a good excuse for waiting for new OFP2.

Quote[/b] ]Yes. Although we can't mirror bigger releases by ourselves, I think 1.3 and later packs will be easily found from the net in near future too. Forums are hosted by blackdog, huge thankyousir for his excellent services. Site is hosted by one Finnish magazine and not in immediate danger of extinction. So it stays pretty much same as earlier.

youve got a mirror here and waiting, ive unlimited space and bandwidth smile_o.gif

and sad to see FDF inactive, but if back for ArmA all the better smile_o.gif

Wildo

thanks FDF for all this cool stuff they already released, and dont push them guys, ArmA is close ;-)

...until BIS tells us that it's going to be released 2007. Ok, that wasn't a good one tounge2.gif

Sad to see you stop. Of course, it is completely understandable. You DID put the standard of OFP mods! notworthy.gif

A big thank you, a bow, and a good bye for the whole FDF team!

Well... This sucks... sad_o.gif

Anyways, I hope we see a "reloaded" version of FDF mod for ArmA wink_o.gif

I tested the FDF mod but it was way to big for my crapcomp to handle... sad_o.gif

But it was very nice as long as it lasted smile_o.gif

very pity, but could you give us your untested addons? It's also nice. Anyway, dont think its a good excuse for waiting for new OFP2.

...they need an excuse to stop working? Maybe we should make them get written permission from every member of the OFP community before they may leave. whistle.gif

Good luck in whatever you do in the meantime FDF mod, you made great stuff. Most of us don't expect the newer FDF stuff on the day of release for ArAs, like everyone won't be too busy playing with the BIS-made stuff first. smile_o.gif

Not to mention tools for addon conversion/making will not be made available straight away after, they'll wait for the interest to start flagging before releasing tools, so the mod making community doesn't burn out so fast and people keep playing it longer so there's more of a community left for the release of Game 2/3.

I can totally see why you made this decision, and I would be tempted to do it too. Though I don't think ArAs will be out any time soon....

Though I don't think ArAs will be out any time soon....

Have faith DKM Jaguar biggrin_o.gif

It's a good choice for them to stop right now. It is never a good choice to make a such extensive mod prior to new game release.

I suppose they got all the models ready with textures. They will wait for new engine capabilities and that's cool.

shame,

bad News.

the OFP age goes slowly down. sad_o.gif

Thanks for the best reference Mod. notworthy.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gif WHHYY Poor Die Hard FDF Fan Crying wow_o.gif NOOOOOOOOO!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

This is really not a good NEWS about FDF-MOD

But Guys because the backwardscompatiblity we don´t loose OFP ...so for me it is:

OFP1

OFP2

OFP3

The Name is not the Problem for me ..same with Distributor .... only Thing i want is: that BIS has made it :-)

And never SHIT like Valve does with STEAM etc.

bleh, shrinking team, thats no excuse! We at the Unsung had only 3. tounge2.gif Just joking lads. I know how it feels to lose people and interest. It sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it. Unfortunately. sad_o.gif

Well, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the fdf team for a wonderful mod, and an excellent al madjah pack, I really enjoyed that. wink_o.gif

You guys paved the way for future mods to follow, so, be proud, and look forward to Arma.

And I hope Arma won't land TOO soon, or existing work in progress mods will be forgotten. smile_o.gif

I have to say that the FDF was the best mod team of all. They did things properly and I enjoyed their work for a long time.

I lost interest after a while but I recognize that they were still a good team.

The people there wern't the best with a little selfishness though. Maybe that's why they broke up, I don't know.

I can't say I'm upset about it. Now the members can put their minds to something more worthwhile.

Well, it's unfortunate to hear you guys stopped working on FDF (especially the "95% finnished" 1.31 update). Thanks for what you released, tho - and I hope to see FDF back in new strength after the release of ArmA!

So Long, and Thanks for All the <s>Fish</s> Addons, good luck with everything smile_o.gif

Damn, that's a shame. Looks like we'll just have to wait for Invasion 44.

Thanks for all the excellent work you've done thus far FDF team - it's a MOD I'll always go back to.

Cheers!

Thanks for all your great work FDF.

You guys really lead by example, and exceeded expectations of what can be done with OFP.  notworthy.gif

Kippis!

CH

This is a sad day. sad_o.gif I was especially looking forward to the 1.31 update. Would the 1.31 pack had included the new M/05 uniform?

Thanks for your work anyway and I hope your motivation grows up until ArmAss is released. smile_o.gif

It's a pitty ,it looked quite promising ,but with ArmA comming relativly soon in the end i guess the project is only on hold.

Anyway ,i can only join in the general sentiment.You guys have done so much for the Ofp community and wa can only be thankfull for that.So thx for all the lovely work so far.

In the end FDF a well polished finished product ,sooner than about any other mod ,and often way higher in quality.In effect you guys have reached much of youre goals already ,it's understandable that thus interrest fade's somewhat.Though the Finnish winter war in WW2 is a very interresting conflict ,i woulda have loved serving under the legendary FM Mannerheim.But im happy FDF is not disbanding all toghether and i'm sure well play WW2 fdf in the future much to our joys.

As of the moment ,i'm waiting for mods like Flashpoint in the falklands or Invasion 1944 ,in the meantime i often play FDF or BOH missions ,because i simply like them.

Btw ,didn't FDF mod scored first in a "best mod" poll on Ofp.cz?I think so ,and deserved to.I figure if you can win the best mod prize in such a superb modding community then you really ought not to apoligize when times are worse ,you guys have done so much for us already.