Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

The Pic of the HM MK23 SOCOM made my day. Can't believe, thats too smooth to be real! wink_o.gif

Will these weapons be stuffed in a crate??? huh.gif

Last time I wanted to check the weapons, I had to put down like 200 dead guys! rofl.gifwink_o.gif

Will these weapons be stuffed in a crate???  huh.gif

Last time I wanted to check the weapons, I had to put down like 200 dead guys!  rofl.gif  wink_o.gif

Why didn't you just the random weapon script released with the last pack.

Oh Jackal. Jesus christ (mind My bad tongue) those pics are beautiful. The weapons look outstanding. Hoping for more updates and a release soon. Great work.

BTW. I didn't faint when I seen the pics my heart rate just went through the roof.  rofl.gif  notworthy.gif

Hi, im very happy with the actual ballistic values of the weapons, and the dexterity addition is something that as most of the addon weapons don't use, the people will not miss it. Let's C ya

@olemissrebel: Thanks, I may have a plan regarding the camo textures, more on that another time.

@CameronMcDonald: Some of the weapons (e.g. the AK47, SL8 etc) will have a moving bolt, but the older weapons will not.

@Manhunter09/BlackScorpion: I plan to include the scripts (so as not to break any missions that use them), but I also hope to include various ammo crates. After the release of v1.1 some issues were noticed with the scripts (lag when saving and/or loading missions), so I'm hoping to lean away from the scripted side and try to introduce some pre-loaded crates for use in scenarios.

Wow they're some great looking weapons! Cant wait to try em out. Just a quick question.

Will the ballistic values mean that the sight/crosshair markings work properly? What I mean is if you put the 600m mark (on the ACOG recticle) on a gentlemans head, 600m away, aforementioned head will go splat?

I imagine you get tired of comparisons so forgive me, but that was my biggest let down with Lasers weapons, good as they are.

Thanks you and keep up the great work.

damn those was some nice guns there! smile_o.gif

I seriously loved the socom ever since i played metal gear solid ! biggrin_o.gif

@Chops: I hope so, I haven't fully tested the ballistics of the various weapons, but each type handles differently. As you'd expect the 12.7mm of the M82A1 has a greater range than the 5.56mm of the M16AX series, and also does more damage. The zeroing isn't perfect, but thanks to Cornhelium a long time ago, most of the sniper-rifle scopes are fairly accurately zeroed.

@Commando84: MGS is also where I discovered the SOCOM for the first time, and I've been a fan ever since wink_o.gif

@Everyone else: Here is a little something I cooked up earlier today after happening across a picture of the HK53 on the internet and thinking to myself, "It wouldn't take much to edit my MP5 into that!".

SJB_HK53A3_early.jpg

Mgazine and Mag-well modelling by Soul_Slayer and the textures for magazine/mag-well by Sproily

@Commando84: MGS is also where I discovered the SOCOM for the first time, and I've been a fan ever since wink_o.gif

That makes three of us. wink_o.gif

Nice "quick modification" mate, you remind me of Sanctuary, you two don't know how to put your foot down, and say "That's enough". biggrin_o.gif

Really nice stuff jackal.

Also huge MGS fan. Love the SOCOM, love what you've done with it.

Keep up the good Work.

yeah look at it. Its by far one of the biggest projects OFP has ever seen.

...Nice "quick modification" mate, you remind me of Sanctuary, you two don't know how to put your foot down, and say "That's enough".  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I've notcied that too. The pack started out as a few M4A1 variations and a couple of handguns - Now look at it! wink_o.gif

Ever the perfectionist, I've replaced the old ELCAN textures with better looking sharper ones by Stoke. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow showing them off. Accordingly, I've also updated the M145 optics on the M249 variants and the ELCAN Hi-Mag on the M240, Minimi PARA and the C7A2 DMS.

any chance of a new acog scope (the view itself) it's clear, but it really doesnt look much like that IRL. also, consider no zoom on iron sights and M68 CCO, why have it in flashpoint if it isnt in real life wink_o.gif

Benus (who made the scope views for the FFUR Pack) kindly donated some optic textures, including ones for the ACOG several months ago. These have since been outdated by the re-making of the ACOG using Drill Sergeant's base model, but I think they can be re-worked to fit - if not I'm sure I'll be able to sort something out. I'll see what I can do about the no-zoom issue.

when onno zoom when using addons such as the filming pack the screen view appears to be more rounded like a normal TV (CRT) jackal wont know now he has that HDD monster rofl.gif

Yeah, the sort of "fish-eye" effect. I've noticed it when taking creenshots using camera.sqs and zooming out too far. It shouldn't happen with no zoom, only if I put a "negative zoom" value so it infact zooms out.

just remember the sides of the ACOG crosshairs (left and R axis) dont actually touch the scope, they are free floating, so to speak

I got a working TA-01NSN sight picture if you wanted it its modeled the same way as a BIS M21 sight and only needs a 4 and 6 added too be complete.

acogta01nsn2qa.jpg

STGN

Hi, the best ACOG sight aiming cross + chevron that i've seen, is the DanM14's Pack cross; if the weapon have ballistic values adjusted to it, is a very pimp cross. Let's C ya

I'll take you up on that offer STGN, with creidts of course (if you could PM me about it that'd be cool). I'll also check out Dan's pack for comparison.

On another note, Helping_Hand and myself have been working together the past few hours to knock-up some new desert camo textures for the M4A1s. Here is what we have so far:

SJB_HH_UpdatedDesCamo.jpg

Its the updated M4A1 Sniper variant with bipod. The bipod and Elcan Spectre models/textures come courtesy of Dasquade, and the desert textures for the rifle itself were made by Helping_Hand earlier today. I realise the ELCAN is too small, I'm still in the process of correctly scaling it. Let me know what you think.