Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Quote[/b] ]Standard magazine capacity is 15 rounds of 9 x 19 mm ammunition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLOCK_19

whistle.gif

Propably some kind of extender thing for the 10 round mags though.

The 10 rounds have to do with US laws. I believe it's not allowed to have a semi-automatic pistol with more than 10 round in the magazine in the US (as a civilian). I'm not an american, but I read something about this once.

Ooh yeah that reminds me somehow of a question I wanted to ask you... huh.gif

Would it be possible to see a piccy, of the minimi para with the large elcan scope on it, please! confused_o.gif < I dont know if you have done anymore work on it?

Anyway keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Lots and lots of new weapons is good, especially allot of weapons from this pack! thumbs-up.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I really liked your stuff in FFUR 2.0 so I'm looking forward to the relase of this pack. Two short questions;

1: What will the recoils be like? (Something similar to the M16 / M4 in FFUR 2.0)?

2: What will the ironsights be like? ;P

Dunno if you can answer this yet. Anyway, cheers smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Magazine capacity 4)

10 / 15 / 17 (31)

homer hate to finally correct you on something but the glock 19 has the 10rd mag as standard being as its a compact but it can also have 15,17 and 31 round mags wink_o.gif

I don't want to roll up the whole thingy again, this is my last about this thematics.

German, Swiss and Austrian people think complicated, this is mirrored in the way they name their weapons.

Remember the HK series? Give me a MP5A4 and replace the 3-rds-burst-triggergroup with a safe/semifire-triggergroup and you call it MP5SFA2.

Or maybe a better example: MP5SD4 has buttcap, MP5SD5 a fixed buttstock and finally the MP5SD6 has a retractable one.

And now take the Glock series:

Glock 17 - standard (17 round magazine)

Glock 18 - semi/fullautomatic (17 or optional 31 round magazine)

Glock 19 - compact (15 round magazine)

Glock 26 - subcompact (10 round magazine)

These are the standard 9x19mm variants, sure there are some more in 9x19mm, like Glocks for competition shooting etc.

Then there is the .357 SIG series, .40, .45 ACP, .45 GAP, 10mm Auto, .380 ACP...

So you see, it just depends on caliber and type of Glock and you have the magazine size.

And how do you want to get the short 10 round magazine of a Glock 26 into a Glock 19 or even a Glock 17?

So you see, it just depends on caliber and type of Glock and you have the magazine size.

And how do you want to get the short 10 round magazine of a Glock 26 into a Glock 19 or even a Glock 17?

The limited capacity magazine is the magazine which can only take 10rnd, but of course it has the same length as the standard mag, otherwise you wouldn't be able to insert it. But since the US laws are strict only the limited capacity magazines can be legally sold to civilans in the US.

I couldn't find anything on the glock, but this what HKpro has to say about it on the USP45;

Quote[/b] ]The USP45 has a magazine capacity of 12 rounds for law enforcement and 10 rounds for civilian purchase. The existence of so called "pre-ban" 12 round magazines for the USP45 has been hotly debated on the Internet. Though never definitively answered by either side, it is the position of HK that no civilian legal 12 round USP45 mags ever existed. (Gun debuted in 1995, Crime Bill signed in late 1994) HKPRO is in agreement with this determination, and does not allow ads for these mags on the HKPRO boards.

Any chance of some pics of all the new guns in the nest pack jackel. Thanks man. Keep it up.

Quote[/b] ]The limited capacity magazine is the magazine which can only take 10rnd, but of course it has the same length as the standard mag, otherwise you wouldn't be able to insert it. But since the US laws are strict only the limited capacity magazines can be legally sold to civilans in the US.

My Glock 17 came with two 15-round 9x19mm mags and I got two more identical ones after-market. confused_o.gif

Edit: By the way, I am in the States. And sorry for the off-topic.

Quote[/b] ]The limited capacity magazine is the magazine which can only take 10rnd, but of course it has the same length as the standard mag, otherwise you wouldn't be able to insert it. But since the US laws are strict only the limited capacity magazines can be legally sold to civilans in the US.

My Glock 17 came with two 15-round 9x19mm mags and I got two more identical ones after-market.   confused_o.gif

Edit:  By the way, I am in the States.  And sorry for the off-topic.

Than it's 15 instead of 17. Doesn't matter. The point was that it's because of gun-laws that lower capacity magazines excist for the normal guns.

I don't really understand those laws anyway. 10 instead of 12 round for the USP45 and 15 instead of 17 for the glock. Will it really make a difference? I don't think so

I'll try and post further screenshots as soon as possible. Right now most of my time is going towards getting a BETA slung together, not posting more shots but I will see what I can do.

As for the different capacity magazines, I may include varying capacity magazines in v2.0 (emphasis on MAY). I'll see how the coding goes. Right now I'm simply looking for 'basic' functionality i.e. getting all weapons working correctly without crashes/bugs etc.

On another note, my thanks go to _SeveN_ for supporting the SJB Pack with his neat script.

Hi Jackal, can you please take a look at the newest ORCS Russian Fed. Weapon Pack.

Hmm, how should I describe it.

It looks like they used this "shining effect" on the metal parts textures of the guns and it looks great!

Gives the "feel" of real metal!

I hope you know what I mean.

MfG Lee

edit: Maybe this screen helps:

shining_metal.jpg

And somehow they got nightactive scopes to work without a single script. Would be great if you yould add it to some weapons smile_o.gif

i saw there's animated weapons on orcs ones (especially the pkm screen above). is there's a way to make it on your weapons ? or is it possible to know how it work ?

Hi Jackal, can you please take a look at the newest ORCS Russian Fed. Weapon Pack.

Hmm, how should I describe it.

It looks like they used this "shining effect" on the metal parts textures of the guns and it looks great!

Gives the "feel" of real metal!

I hope you know what I mean.

MfG Lee

edit: Maybe this screen helps:

http://lee.plankton.ch/shining_metal.jpg

I've looked into it before, BUT, the problem arrises due to the HUGE number of textures in the pack. In v2.0 its over 800 (best guess, haven't actually counted) textures for the 300 or so weapons. Also, when it comes to defiing them another issue presents itself. Due to some of the textures containing several materials e.g. gun-metal, cloth (ammo bags etc) all on the same texture, if I define the entire texture as metal, the ammo bags etc are going to look strange. Now, I can see some of you saying "Can't you just duplicate the texture, rename it slightly and then define one as cloth, and one as metal? - Well, I could, but this not only takes even more time (as I have to alter the paths of the different effected parts to the different textures - and time is something I am seriously lacking right now), but also it adds to the filesize as I'd be left with duplicates of many textures. The pack is already ~300mb uncompressed, so I don't want to add much more to it.

As for the animations and NV Optics, I will investigate these features and attempt to find a way to incorporate them into a future version (with ORC's permission of course). I wont include them in v2.0, as I want to release the pack sometime before Armed Assault (plenty of time right? wink_o.gif ).

I have an idea of how much(a hell of) work it would be to edit all the textures used in your pack.

But maybe it's an idea for a future(in a galaxy far, far away) pack.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

yeah jackal no need to worry ArmA will be released the day after ArmA is released i can feel it besides that u now have lot of ideas for v 2.0 wink_o.gif carry on the bang up job ey what thumbs-up.gif

OK, as another part of my ever-increasing "last-minute" complete overhauls, I've begun updating the HK416s and am almost finished. Checkout thre screenshots HERE, HERE and HERE. The third image shows the new suppressor and updated bipod model I'm using. The updated fore-grip (which doesn't 100% simulate that of a real-life HK416 but its as close as they're going to get for v2.0), has also been included on 90% of the M4A1s so far, with the remaining 10% hopefully being completed sometime tomorrow. I also plan to re-do the camo textures for the M4A1s inline with those recently exhibited in the UKF Diemaco Pack (i.e. with simple tan/olive/brown lines) instead of the complete woodland/desert camo. I'll post screenshots of my progress when I have them.

niiice jackal.

I saw these on a the site called www.hkpro.com and was wondering when i would see them in OFP.

As always thanks for all the hard work smile_o.gif Without addon makers like you. I would not have been able to convert some of the pokemon generation kids to the glory that is OFP.

Real nice stuff, I hope that you will continu on Armed Assault if you have the time wink_o.gif

Those pics are great jackal. 1): HK 416 w/ Aimpoint

2): HK 416 w/ Eotech

3): HK 416 SD Sniper

Love the textures, Super Detail. Great work as usual. Looking forward to the next set of pics. Suppressor and bipod look beautiful.

I also plan to re-do the camo textures for the M4A1s inline with those recently exhibited in the UKF Diemaco Pack (i.e. with simple tan/olive/brown lines) instead of the complete woodland/desert camo. I'll post screenshots of my progress when I have them.

hehehe... you flatter tounge2.gif

you're very welcome to the psd's of the des camo we created for the diemacos if needs be... although im sure you'll cope without - im no expert on US schemes, but obviously the ones we made were british schemes.

work looks spot on as usual mate smile_o.gif