SJB Weapons Pack Released

@KyleSarnik: Pwned

huh.gif that wasnt very nice now...

Yes, I am aware of that.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

(Damn, have to screw the post)

Have you quite finished?! I, for one, don't want to see this thread locked huh.gifmad_o.gif

Jackal, just out of interest, do you have any real life weaponry experience, I mean, you certainly appear to know your sh!t biggrin_o.gif

I'm the kind of person, that if I get my hands on a weapon, you'll be hearing about it on the nightly news.

No I don't have any real-life weapon experience. I base my values etc on feedback from military personel who test the pack before release. Some are currently serving, some are ex-servicemen/women who have served in the armed forces in one branch or another in various countries and have handled some of the weapons. Values for other weapons etc are based on their rough advise as well as Google (lol!wink_o.gif, as too are the models. Google Images can really rock for finding weapon pictures, though isn't always the best, so I also use my contacts to get some good source photographs of the real-deal weapons, in good old high-resolution wink_o.gif

Jackal, that last picture of the m16a4 m203 is just jacked up. no one ever puts a m68 past T12 that i've ever seen, (T12 is the farthest rail before you get to where the iron sights would normally end) also, no one puts their unit patch or an american flag on their ammo pouch. no infantry wear that crap either... if you put the patch on there, at least make it the size of the patch on the units arms, ie, they don't make random little patches wink_o.gif

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think Jackal326 made that particular rifle.

Olemissrebel, I want your ACU gear. On a side note, I might drop your name to Wildo if he needs some more ACU pics, seeing as you're quite keen on posting them. <end hijack>

Kay, a little thing about Reflex optics.  You can mount it past T12 (actually it's an M4/M203, and it's mounted just forward of the slip ring wink_o.gif) and still engage targets, matter of fact it's recommended as it gives you a better field of view, and I never had issues with it like that, and since I also drove, it made it very convenient to rest the carbine on the radio mount and put my elbow on it as a rest on the upper reciever (though I didn't have a 203 unfortunately..) Below is a pic in Deep Paint 3D of the actual weapon:

gun175.jpg

What counts is that it's zeroed.  So realistically I can have it right on the front sight post, and still plug targets because it's zeroed.  That's it.  Read your smart book or ask your Drill Sergeant about the M68 CCO, it may help, and this is me Jan-Feb '05:

http://562.50megs.com/VBS1/Moi3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

(2)   M68 Dry (Nonfiring) Zeroing. Starting with a securely installed and live-fire zeroed BIS, mount the reflex sight to the front of the receiver rail or to the top RAS as preferred. Adjust windage and elevation on the reflex sight until the center of the aiming dot is at the tip of the front sight post when viewed through the BIS while assuming a normal firing position.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....c08.htm

As for the 1ID patch on the mag pouch? So what about it?  It's for VBS1 anyways and I don't have to worry about AR 670-1 because it doesn't apply to a 3D model in any case.  So what if I have a little pride in the Division I served with.

cool, i was just wondering why someone would do that. i meant on the m16, not the m4. the m16 has a fixed stock and its kinda weird having it way up there. you know what i mean?

Quote[/b] ]cool, i was just wondering why someone would do that. i meant on the m16, not the m4.  the m16 has a fixed stock and its kinda weird having it way up there. you know what i mean?

That's a question of ergonomics, and it is personal preference that determines ergonomics for the most part. For example; I find the AK to be a very comfortable weapon to handle that's decently accurate (Read as: Can hit man-sized target) out to around 350 meters, which is what I've achieved personally with a 'prohibited' Kalashnikov on a range in Calgary. In Canadian legal parlance, that means restricted to semiautomatic fire only and with a rivet in the magazine restricting that to five rounds. Six, if you manually fit one into the chamber.

My personal mantra is: "So long as it works." It can look odd as all Hell, but so long as it works.

Jackal i spoke to cornhelium about something you might be intrestred in... your M249 PARA's use a 100rd ammo bag dont they, well i spoke to him and he refered me to the CAVS thread being as they now control JAM any way i'll get straight to the point i put a request for them to make a 100rd magazine for that sort of weapon i dont know if they've seen my post but if they did make the magazine would you consider coding the M249 PARA's to be able to use it ? ? ?

Another question for you, mate. If it's been answered before, I apologise!

Are there any new AT additions to this pack?

cool, i was just wondering why someone would do that. i meant on the m16, not the m4.  the m16 has a fixed stock and its kinda weird having it way up there. you know what i mean?

Yah it took a little getting used (have to concentrate a little harder to get the dot) but as said, it worked out in the end. Not very common (my PLT SGT asked about it one time) since usually you have the handle on it, but the BUIS was good enough.

Another question for you, mate. If it's been answered before, I apologise!

Are there any new AT additions to this pack?

No there aren't. I plan for some in "the future" but when that will be is anyone's guess.

jackal would you everconsider making a .50Beowulf on an m4/m16 platform??? have you seen the stopping power of it a 400 grain flatpoint in .50cal think about it please even if it is for version 10.5

jackal would you everconsider making a .50Beowulf on an m4/m16 platform??? have you seen the stopping power of it a 400 grain flatpoint in .50cal think about it please even if it is for version 10.5

At this rate, every AR-15 based weapon will end up in this mod, not that that is a bad thing rofl.gif

Would like to see a modern AR-10 in OFP someday whistle.gif

I had considered it yeah, I can only do so much for each version, assuming you (the collective community) ever want to see v2.0 released. For that matter, v3.0 is probably going to be 6 years away with all the stuff people keep requesting for it, which so far has, SA80 (SUSAT, Carbine and LSW), Beowulf, Diemaco rifles ()in a shit-load of variants), more AT weapons, plus the 40+ weapons on my to-do list which I can't seem to find. No more requests. No more suggestions. Fact of the matter is, I want to actually complete v2.0 before people ask "Can you add X, Y and Z into the next version?"

"Can you add X, Y and Z into the next version?"

I wanted G, W and J... Any chance of you making them aswell?

Seriously though, been getting some more playtime with your guns as Iv'e reinstalled OFP - I'm sure I said it before, but I'll say it again, top job smile_o.gif

One request: before anyone asks for another goddamn unheard-of variant to any weapon, please read two posts up. I mean, seriously, a 12.7mm M4? Is that guy drunk?

Oh, and Jackal - don't worry about including AT weapons in your next pack, I was purely curious, not requesting - I usually use Lasers, in any case.

Nah, actually the ammunition is more like .50AE (Desert Eagle) ammunition... from what I've read, the thing is bloody good. Semi-auto gun with heavy, round tipped .50 cal bullet and nice muzzle velocity. Desert Eagle close range firepower at 200-300 yards ain't bad, eh?

If you can add it to v3.0 or even further, that would be great. But not now. Great news anyways.

zOMG!!1 You meen u wont b addIn teh l337 microwave oven/radio/alarmed/net-launching machinegun from Beverly Hills Cop 3?? j00 suX!!1ONE

0235_1_md.jpg

Would like to see a modern AR-10 in OFP someday whistle.gif

I kinda meant that in a "I would like to see someone make an AR-10" moreso that suggest that you do it smile_o.gif

@ Shasman: Just what I need for my OPFOR... rofl.gif