Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

- SJB_ShotgunMisc.pbo - 310kb -- The addition of Kyle Sarnik's scripts didn't add as much as I expected.

Eh, what were you expecting, 300kb of script?  rofl.gif   crazy_o.gif

Yeah, anyway....During my testing I took a few screens of the updated M24A2 - I rescaled the scope as ingame it look disproportionate to the operator. Anyway, I've uploaded 5 screens in a .zip HERE.

Personally I'd throw an Aimpoint LPI (PEQ-2 is just too bulky) and maybe a SureFire just in case. Yeah it's a sniper rifle.. but if you got real estate, why not use it? smile_o.gif Besides two people beat me to the punch on that one (still working on the fun old Ultimax 100), it's a nice addition to a sniper rifle though, and looks great thumbs-up.gif

Personally I'd throw an Aimpoint LPI (PEQ-2 is just too bulky) and maybe a SureFire just in case.  Yeah it's a sniper rifle.. but if you got real estate, why not use it?  smile_o.gif  Besides two people beat me to the punch on that one (still working on the fun old Ultimax 100), it's a nice addition to a sniper rifle though, and looks great  thumbs-up.gif

Do the US Army use the LPI? The tool i would recomend is DBAL(Dual Beam Aiming Laser) they seem too get more and more popular.DBAL

instead of suggesting more and more and more tweeks can we just concentrate on getting jacakl to release the damn pack ASAP

Jackal, I think I've kept up to date on this thread, so if I missed this, I appologize. Just curious what did you decided on the M203 optics?

instead of suggesting more and more and more tweeks can we just concentrate on getting jacakl to release the damn pack ASAP

Thirded....and why oh why would a sniper need a flashlight on his gun?

laser or ir laser is understandable just about but a torch is just stupid, maybe jackal would release a bolton at a later date for the m24a2. with different accessories icon_rolleyes.gif

(well thats one weapon i got into the pack for y'all so be greatful)

Jackal, just a quick comment. For v3.0 you might want to work any new models that use the Aimpoint M68 or CompML2 to have the Aimpoint covers extending up.

Currently, most of your covers extend left or right, and that conflicts with your optics, which show all covers extending up.

Now this doesn't bother me, and it probably doesn't bother anyone else, but if you're going for realism, then you might want to keep that in mind.

You can see what I mean here. Sorry for those of you who cannot use Rapidshare.

that seems really trivial to me but its up to jackal to decide what he wants to do wink_o.gif

@gatordev: I erm....forgot icon_rolleyes.gif I'll make my decision at some point between now and release tounge2.gif

@All concerning the M24A2 and attachments: I'm sticking with the "vanilla" M24A2 for now. I may very well work on different attachments in the future, but like helping_hand said, the pack needs finishing before I work on additions.

@.Tyger: I'll see what I can do. Most of the aimpoints have been replaced with the new model I made anyway, though I think the lens covers are still an issue, can't remember off of the top of my head. I'll work on fixing it, but as stated above and as you said, it'll be for v2.1/v3.0 as I don't have the time necessary to incorporate it into v2.0

1100 posts jackal well done aimpoint screenie umteeen pages back along wwith many other screenies take a look at the new model

Quote[/b] ]that seems really trivial to me
Quote[/b] ]Now this doesn't bother me, and it probably doesn't bother anyone else
 wink_o.gif

Also, just to let you know, about the only accessories that US Army snipers and DMs include on their M24s are the Harris Bipods and those little lens flare reducers by uh.. forget. US Army snipers, as well as USMC sniper teams operate in pairs with a spotter and a sniper. The spotter will carry all of the extra flashy stuff like the LPI or AN/PEQ2, M203A1s, and TA01 NSN ACOGS. These guys are meant to travel light, so they don't carry much. Plus, the ghillie suits, when worn on an op, weigh up to thirty pounds.

@STGN

The SF and PJs use the LPI, but most US forces stick to the AN/PEQ2 because they can get repairs and service on site, instead of shipping it off. Frankly, I've yet to see a Dual Beam used, and my uncle, who's back on leave from Iraq (currently with the Rangers) says that he hasn't seen any either.

Also, just to let you know, about the only accessories that US Army snipers and DMs include on their M24s are the Harris Bipods and those little lens flare reducers by uh.. forget. US Army snipers, as well as USMC sniper teams operate in pairs with a spotter and a sniper. The spotter will carry all of the extra flashy stuff like the LPI or AN/PEQ2, M203A1s, and TA01 NSN ACOGS. These guys are meant to travel light, so they don't carry much. Plus, the ghillie suits, when worn on an op, weigh up to thirty pounds.

I did say a bolton, if jackal wants to which would mean that they would have an/peq2 or lpi, also the m24a2 is used a a law enforcement rifle aswell and they dont have such strict guidelines as to weight

this is going to turn into a pointless argument so i'll stop it before it begins no more threadjacked.gif ok

oooo, that M-24 is lookin nice.....and the long sound suppressor is lookin very sexy inlove.gif

wow......i bet if freud were alive, hed have somethin to say about that..... confused_o.gif

not meaning to be ignorent freud was...

jackal when/if this becomes public will it be posted 1st page like ffur do?

Yeah okay I would think "personally I would throw on..." isn't suggesting anything, just something I would do myself. Nowhere is there "Jackal it would be cool if you put on twenty million gadgets, PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

Such is the problem of reading comprehension with text. Now back on topic.

dont try to be whitty about that have you seen the last umpteen pages of requests for jackal he is trying to release ASAP and doesnt want any un neccessary delays! icon_rolleyes.gif

@ helping_hand

Sorry mate, didn't mean to start something. confused_o.gif I was just commenting that most people don't. I'm sure there are those out there who do use that stuff. wink_o.gif

Jackal, you might be interested in this: Rearm West Units. I PMed you about it, I think a while back. All yours if you want it.

Thanks .Tyger, I'll be sure to include it in the pack as a quick way for mission makers to convert missions without replacing each unit.

@ helping_hand

Sorry mate, didn't mean to start something. confused_o.gif I was just commenting that most people don't. I'm sure there are those out there who do use that stuff. wink_o.gif

Jackal, you might be interested in this: Rearm West Units. I PMed you about it, I think a while back. All yours if you want it.

What is the 'Rearm West units', I searched for it and I found no info sad_o.gif