Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Itweas Ninjas

Can anyone explain me how he made setvelocity command working for man class ?? I mean in the script of the jump we can see

_Unit SetVelocity [(velocity _Unit select 0),(Velocity _Unit select 1),2.5+((Speed _Unit) / 8)]

It seems to be working. However i tried to make a script in a custom mission like this :

_unit = _this select 0

~1

_Unit SetVelocity [(velocity _Unit select 0),(Velocity _Unit select 1),2.5+((Speed _Unit) / 8)]

But the unit which was entering the script havent been working (i even put the ninja there and wrote him in init [this] exec "script.sqs", he ought to jump up, not moving forward though, but he did not :/ ). My question is how Itweas made the ninja use setvelocity command and why/how it works

I dunno nothing about addonmaking, but maybe he puts him in an invisible vehicle once the user clicks the action and runs the script on the vehicle.

Another skill he could have is throw a smokegrenade on the floor and setpos him somewhere else biggrin_o.gif ...or shurikens...(wrong spelling I guess, I mean those deadly star-shaped projectiles)

WOW.... I liked the trailers .... and I really love this addon ....

for me all the moves work really good... in the editor !!!

I think with the settings I use it could make probs in missions.

but with the right fps it works great.

and the animations are really nice !!!

NINJA STARS would make a nice expansion !!!!

and if possible .... not that I don't like the model ... but if possible a better looking model ... with better textures and some details (I know they wear all black, but still) would be nice.

something like this !ninja.jpg

if you have good frame rate it's not that hard to time the wall climb. I get it on the first try almost everytime.

NINJA STARS would make a nice expansion !!!!

Totally agree, good call!!

thumbs-up.gif

Wallclimbing work`s for me, it`s only a question of timing. The other actions working fine too. Cool addon with nice features. smile_o.gif

Wallclimbing work`s for me, it`s only a question of timing. The other actions working fine too. Cool addon with nice features. smile_o.gif

No its also a matter of framerate. It clearly says in the readme if your framerate is too low than it won't work.

Climbing ..... yes, what you may have missed because its not said it "Weapon on back" first.

Well, you can climb aboard boats while in the water, so can the AI ... nice biggrin_o.gif ... cept the anim is looks a little weid tounge2.gif

As a driver (not in pic) the ninjas head is through the roof rofl.gif

ninja1.jpg

You can fix by exiting the boat, then before you fall into the water board the boat again, anim is ok then.

Also noticed the optic view for the gun is through the mask! cute !!

ninja2.jpg

Gnat @ Aug. 14 2005,11:56)]Climbing ..... yes, what you may have missed because its not said it "Weapon on back" first.

No you don't need it on your back, I know because I have climbed walls before, but only when my framerate was high enough tounge2.gif but even when it is its damn hard to time it right, takes a few tries.

Smookie - You need to setpos the unit to it's currently location (or sliightly above it, can't remeber, one of the two..)

Anyway. The addon is great rofl.gif

Wrote a tiny-script, using Fwatch, so when you press F (can be changed in the script simply enough), it does the same as the "Perform Action" action menu thing smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#loop

_x = call loadfile ":input getkey F"

?(_x>0):[player] exec "\ninja__llu\Action.sqs"

~0.1

?!(alive player):exit

goto "loop"

For doing the backwards jump, you need to either tap the button quickly (If you hold it down, it'll end up doing a 10% jump, as it's like pressing the action thing several times quickly tounge2.gif), or just use the action menu for it.

Back to the addon, the crouched walking fills in a huge problem with the Lean Anims one, where if you walked to the left, right or back, you stood up again, which was pretty annoying.

My only complaint if about the model, which isn't brilliant in quality (I might make a Ninja2 using another model, BMI Blackops? tounge2.gif ), but it's not that important, your not supposed to see him...... tounge2.gif

Great work!

- Ben

Smookie - You need to setpos the unit to it's currently location (or sliightly above it, can't remeber, one of the two..)

Huh ?

Great addon! Now we can actually sneak in OFP! I made a nice test mission where I had to sneak around in New Ocean City, avoiding civilians and the police. Was quite funny, though the AI (with zero skill) couldn't handle cars at all.

I don't get that highjump though. Gotta go practice it more then.

Wonderful SWIMMING.......it is possible to adapt a script to all the other soldiers, is not beautiful that everyone drowns,thanks tounge2.gif

Huh ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 0.001]

Or replace 0.001 with getpos this select 2

(It was replying to a post you put on earlier, I couldn't post it because of the router, so it was kinda delayed.. tounge2.gif)

Playeda bout with these in MP, they work like in SP, but the other person doesn't see the animations, just the movement.. Still fun though tounge2.gif

- Ben

Edit : I had the frozen-in-animation bug a few times

And, screenies! :P

NinjayAim.jpg

FlyingNinja.jpg

Wonderful SWIMMING.......it is possible to adapt a script to all the other soldiers, is not beautiful that everyone drowns,thanks tounge2.gif

I would like to see other soldiers use this feature, too! It's really well done!

Bugs so far: The unit sometimes get stuck in an animation... and I think the dust appears a bit too high when you land on the ground.

Huh ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 0.001]

I have been asking about setvelocity command. Will setpos give me anything ? I want to set velocity to a soldier, bet setvelocity doesnt work itself, however used in ninja script you know.

(i may be too confused to think right way but i simply dont know what for setpos shall be used smile_o.gif )

Smookie, I think they mean you have to place unit in the air to setvelocity. If they touch ground, you cannot make them jump.

Bugs I noticed:

- While swimming, sometimes get stuck when near vehicles in the water

- While swimming, when you move foward, you seem to swim in bursts of 5 strokes, and after you swim foward for a while you get stuck swimming foward for a while.

- While in a vehicle (in first person), the mask is visible and blocks your view

- When boarding boats from the water, the animations while in the vehicle are screwed up

- You can sometimes use the "Preform Action" action while in vehicles, causing you to fall out of them

Great addon, some very nice features (didn't survive 1000 m fall to water though...).

Thanks.

Yea I noticed that too while doing a stargate-motorcycle-jump-bail off one of the cliffs on nogova...

He wrote in the readme, that if you fall from high places that you have to perform the action again, kind of to recover from the fall, shortly before hitting the surface wink_o.gif

I also took on a whole Infantry squad wthout being shot at (GOTY Edition, not VBS1).  This was just the default placement using F2, though they were JAM2 HD East soldiers.  Though I also took on a Mech Inf. squad without the BMP and slaughtered them.  They tended to run right by me and I chopped them down.  This was right outside Petrovice on the SE corner, at 0130 in the lighting.

This is definitely a nifty little addon, though I had the same problem as KyleSarnik, only the mask was visible in the first person view in the cockpit, not while running around.

These ninjas are great. I love to see them in mp.

I found a really cool trick you can preform in petrovice (nogova) with the ninjas, There are two 8 story towers side by side. Go in the alley way and climb up one then jumb off midway up. Tap your action key (its easier to use enter than the mouse wheel) to bounce off the walls of the two building and you "jump" up to the top after a few bounces. Fun little tricks takes few minutes practice thought.

These ninjas are great. I love to see them in mp.

I found a really cool trick you can preform in petrovice (nogova) with the ninjas, There are two 8 story towers side by side. Go in the alley way and climb up one then jumb off midway up. Tap your action key (its easier to use enter than the mouse wheel) to bounce off the walls of the two building and you "jump" up to the top after a few bounces. Fun little tricks takes few minutes practice thought.

Hehe yea I did that too, its actualy easier to do that than to climb, plus you can't climb buildings that high anyways, unless you use the ladder wink_o.gif

Done that in MP, first try I managed it, took about 5 more before I could do it again tounge2.gif

I think my only big problem with it is the wall running is very annoying to get to work, if this would be more consistant, the addon would be 10x better (Which would be scarily good.. tounge2.gif)

Tried it on Afganistan, it's much more fun than on the BIS buildings, as they dont have roadways setup on the roofs (Oddly enough), unlike most of the CAT_AFganinstan buildings, so you can run around on them far easier smile_o.gif

- Ben