Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

and if you only dial out from the SGC pult you can use the SGC computer Memory. and the only time you may have to inpt your own adress would be you SGC address and if its alwasy the same ur ok

True.

However, I just tried out the dialing computer. Everytime I click on "database" and the "blabla (current)" adress I get the "error zero divisor", the gate starts dialing one chevron and then nothing happens anymore.

Also, when clicking "next" on the database screen I get a few more planets without any adresses and the same zero error.

Anyone else having problems with the dialing computer?

thts happening to me too have you got your gates to lock properly yet?

What do you mean exactly? As mentioned above, it gives me the error message and will dial one chevron but then stops and nothing happens anymore.

Either I'm messing up or the dial computer is buggy.

If you want to know if I ever got a wormhole... yeah, with Walmis' example mission (two 1.2 DHDs, no dial computer), that worked perfectly. I used the 1.2 gate and dhd I got both from his website. The 1.2 gate from DSFProductions' website doesn't seem to work fully yet unfortunately or I'm doing something wrong.

After downloading 1.2 from walmis's website, i no longer have any problems, so i suggest you all head over to ofp-sgc.com and redownload it

and if you only dial out from the SGC pult you can use the SGC computer Memory. and the only time you may have to inpt your own adress would be you SGC address and if its alwasy the same ur ok

True.

However, I just tried out the dialing computer. Everytime I click on "database" and the "blabla (current)" adress I get the "error zero divisor", the gate starts dialing one chevron and then nothing happens anymore.

Also, when clicking "next" on the database screen I get a few more planets without any adresses and the same zero error.

Anyone else having problems with the dialing computer?

download already worked but i have the sam problem only when u place more then 2 gats on the map the dialing does itself in the pult

but i dont seem to see an more adresses in the dhd though just 1 :S and when i dial that (by drawing the symbols and then select them) i checked it over 5times but everytim no worhole is established... cuze in that case the old ones better thinking of dialing only :P

Took me several minutes and several tries just to dial out finally. wink_o.gif

Any fan who doesnt know Earth's address by heart makes me very sad sad_o.gif

but i dont seem to see an more adresses in the dhd though just 1 :S and when i dial that (by drawing the symbols and then select them) i checked it over 5times but everytim no worhole is established

The dhd doesnt have any form of "memory". if you walk up to the DHD and click "Gate address" that shows you the address of the gate you're at, not gates you can possibly dial. you have to KNOW the address you want to dial either by a tablet or some other means

heres the dhd simulator http://www.stargatemods.com/sgm....e&id=16

edit: ahhhh, what a pleasure dialing it tounge2.gif

Not sure what that is good for in regard to OFP yet but I'll check it out.

By the way, I really like that travelling effect when entering the gate.

Except for the few bugs, good work everyone who worked on 1.2 of the gate and dhd.

Prodetar: the dhd shows you the adress of the gate you are at. You need to find a different way to get the adress of the gate you want to go to (look at Walmis mission on the previous page, it has a tablet showing the adress of the other gate).

The symbol you see when you have the dial interface opened up is the end symbol (not sure if that's the right term in English), that's the unique one for every planet that has to be dialed last when dialing out. On earth it's that A with the ° above it.

So is anyone else having bugs with the dial computer?

Well, I keep getting these bugs with the dailing computer, as for the DHD, I haven't had any bugs yet, but then again, I've not been able to dial out with it tounge2.gif

Well, I keep getting these bugs with the dailing computer, as for the DHD, I haven't had any bugs yet, but then again, I've not been able to dial out with it tounge2.gif

Get the mission Walmis posted. Then take a look at the tablet (only works if you got the gate mod from his website installed), write down the symbols you see on it, find these on the DHD, dial all 6 of them and add the end symbol that you see next to the DHD interface and voilŕ you should get a wormhole. It's not that easy but it does work. yay.gif Just as some people said: after a while we probably get used to it and will memorize Earth's adress at least. wink_o.gif Though as long as the dial computer is bugged we can't leave from Earth anyway yet (unless you let the AI dial, not sure if that works, haven't tried it yet).

Hey DSF, One subtle change I really am grateful for, that no one has mentioned, or may ever mention is that the gate automatically shuts down much more quickly than in 1.1. that is a major improvement, and even though its something small, I, at least, am really grateful. Nice work to all involved

i got no problems except from the dialing computer but that sounds normal. can just when you get used to the dialing its great, well done DSF thumbs-up.gif

I just tried to adapt the new stuff to my existing mission. Somehow, I can go through the wormhole sometimes and sometimes I die and I don't know why. I don't see the vortex animation going back into the gate again and it seems if you run into the gate during that time while the vortex sound is still on you die for sure. But even if I wait a few more sec I die often... bug?

Oh, and Walmis, any news of the GDO yet? notworthy.gif

will the script be the same for making a gate dial on a radio command?

i actualy got the one of the dsf site to conect and went through, looked realy awsome (although the sound from travling through cut out early) probably my pc stutter

i only got that to connect once though, no idea how,

but i was editing xmp 4 demo mission when it worked

im off to try the other 1.2 biggrin_o.gif

I test today stargate 1.2 and it's very good works! some bugs , yes, but it's a beta ...

I can't wait the final realese !!! wow_o.gifthumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

i put two custom gates on an island, with two 1.2 HQ DHDs, one gate is earth, and one is abydos, i can dial earth to abydos and go through...but the gates never disconnect. if i start at abydos, I cant dial earth. I get the following errors

"_Home _convert 1 select (_home-1)|#|: error zero divisor"

Please note thats a different error that the one everyone had before. it appears immediately

then, after i press the first glyph on the DHD (Which usually causes the point of origin to appear) I get this error:

"Picture \DSF_SG_DHD\DHD\scalar bool arrary sting 0xfcffffef.paa not found"

dunno boodro maybe your are not far enough away from the gate? and when i put the point of origin as anything but 1 it picks a random gate symbol anyideas anyone?

Ok, I've checked these out, and here's what I found:

1. For some reason, sometimes, when dialing out the Dailing gate does nothing, and the recieving one goes beserk (as if its dialing in 10 wormholes simultainously)

2. The ominous Database bug tounge2.gif

3.This is more of a suggestion really, but could we have a black background and a larger version of the GUI for the DHD? It's kind of hard to tell which symbolds are which.

As usual, great work thumbs-up.gif

i agree with the black background and the larder gui on the DHD but what is the database bug?

RC 3 of the gates are ready to download from the DSF site.

It fixes the "dsf_gate ==" bug, the addressbook bug and a number of left in hints have been removed.

As for the gate going mad, click the shutdown and reset buttons on the dialing computer, should fix it till i can track it down.

boo-dro, the gates will shut down after about 40 seconds if know one enters, if any one wants to keep it open for longer then either stand infrom of the even horizion or get a ai to or place some thing there, etc and it will stay open for a max of 38 mins.

3.This is more of a suggestion really, but could we have a black background and a larger version of the GUI for the DHD? It's kind of hard to tell which symbolds are which.

That's a really good suggestion, I agree. smile_o.gif

Thanks for fixing so fast, Dingmatt, going to check it out now.

boo-dro, the gates will shut down after about 40 seconds if know one enters, if any one wants to keep it open for longer then either stand infrom of the even horizion or get a ai to or place some thing there, etc and it will stay open for a max of 38 mins.

its a good idea to program the gate to work like that, but If i am alone going through, the gate stays open longer than 40 seconds, I've waited at least two minutes. I believe it is a problem with the way my mission is setup. . if you have the time to check it out, here it is. Ignore the tablet, the destination gate is chulak.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15116573/SGMission1_addon.Stargate.rar