Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/TalonRobot.rar

look what i dug up biggrin_o.gif could use as a temporaly MALP smile_o.gif or WARMALP :P

ive been using that for months  yay.gif   lol

only problem is it bounces all over the place on certain islands : /

have you noticed the player (when you get out)

its a circuite board pmsl

ya lol but that damn thing wont drive up the sgc stargate ramp :/ i mean when its on it it drives backwards crazy_o.gif

i like this mod and im a big stargate fan

also i was into OFP before this mod comes out

so i speek as a player AND as a fan

and ile be straight with ye, most of this mods ending up a Status thing and a how many clicks my site can get while people keep checkin for updates

acording to,

Quote[/b] ]to use 1.2 you'll need a stargate from iether bxb 1.0 or dsf 1.1 or the walmis gate

would it not make more scence then to just release 1.1 PBO   "WITHOUGHT" the stupid kill script,  "FOR NOOOBS"

so missions (already made STILL work)

and future missions then should work, if the quotes true,,,

or does this 1.2 SP actualy work (properly FULLY) within SP

because 1.1 is PERFECT (besides the whole dying part)

personaly ide love to see the 1.2 sp

(specialy if its got the stars effect as you step through)

and the new dialer

but....  if its gona end up dying OR EVEN worse

Incompatable with the final 1.2, (and everything currently out now)

then its gona be worse than 1.1 for eveyone   banghead.gif

i say only release 1.2 sp if it'll still have ALL the class names n such as 1.2 full   AND  it actualy works..........

i mean time it took me to make an iris script,

and i bet it wont even work with 1.2 ffs   confused_o.gif

what else will of changed by the final version ?

also ye no, as beta testes go

who ever beta tested 1.1 and never even noticed it dying

is a Lamer, sat online 24/7 playing it (so called Stress test)

yet the foookin AI cant even walk though it   nener.gif  because of TWO words in 1 file

(and its not hard to see they DIE) surly ?

after all this time i would'nt even release 1.2 untill its been tested by god, cos if its worse that 1.1 its gona loose interest fast, and upset loads

look at the fans problems with the Stargate worlds mod lmao

if it dont work in fully SP its not even worth releasing

(you say  its MP code thats problematic)

thierfor the SP version should work 100% then ?

so why ask when ye no 1.1 is a pain in the ass for 90% of players,

sorry to be blunt but the fact 1.1 works 99% and not 1 persons

actualy said yo heres a fix for the AI dying (publicly)

i would but its NOT my sqf to release is it

its all been Wait for Wait for Wait....,

now im happy to wait, but i get sick of clicking links

(making site owners money) while surfing for false promises

and home made dates

Consider This

99.9% of Stargate Fans Step Through on thier OWN

cos everyone else is DEAD no excuse for it besides GOTO "KILL" and killspecial

remember the fans (not just the OFP comunity)

most fans cant even get the editor working

so fixing a sqf in a pbo is NO CHANCE for em

so if ye think 1.2 sp is fully up and running

just give the dam thing to us all and sit n wait for probs to be reported & then release the MP version

also may i suggest actual beta testers who no NOITHING about ofp

because everyone so far aint noticed people even die   nener.gif   goodnight.gif

Thankyou for being so blunt, now let me... i did not work on the gate to make a new game for the stargate community.

I worked on it cos it was flawed, it did not follow the series and therefore needed the work, at the end of it i released the work so others could do the same.

I don't care if you don't like the kill script, if you put half the effort into learning the simple opflash code as you did complaining you'd have a super gate by now.

The 1.1 was ment as a multiplayer framework, something that BxBx or another modder could pick up on and improve, tragicly they didn't so i decided to help you all out and improve on it again.

Your going to have to stop your whining and realise that your not going to get a full stargate game out of this mod, everything released is going to be betas and will need work and insulting the people who are working on it is a very dumb idea.

Anyway the 1.2 will be released tonight, you can all choke on it for all i care.

great  confused_o.gif one person says something bad and everyone is bad sad_o.gif i dont mind waiting for it but other people probably do..

banghead.gif  with them just bounce theyr head into the wall and just do what you do best... making us happy with the stargate smile_o.gif but dont forget to be happy ureself to wink_o.gif

WOHA!! I think this is the first time you guys shut up since the start of this thread rofl.gif no but really.

We addonmakers sometimes forget what it's like not being a modder, like in dingmatts case here, he may not be a huge fan of the series but he probably just cant stand to see an addon incomplete so he does what he can to make it better. Like any good addonmaker would.

I'm a huge stargate fan so i can understand that some of you would like an entire game to flow out of this mod, but you need a hell of a lot more work for something like that.

So if you want something so bad, learn to make it yourself! best advise i can give you.

WOHA!! I think this is the first time you guys shut up since the start of this thread rofl.gif  no but really.

We addonmakers sometimes forget what it's like not being a modder, like in dingmatts case here, he may not be a huge fan of the series but he probably just cant stand to see an addon incomplete so he does what he can to make it better. Like any good addonmaker would.

I'm a huge stargate fan so i can understand that some of you would like an entire game to flow out of this mod, but you need a hell of a lot more work for something like that.

So if you want something so bad, learn to make it yourself! best advise i can give you.

thumbs-up.gif

sum1 should make the sudan out of the 9th series with the cloaking device and the short staff weopons, is there goin to be a melee attack with the staffs?

dont get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for the time & effort people have put into this mod, as ive been learning bits my self i know how time consuming it can be and how annoying it can be  banghead.gif

im just board and wana contribute,

but being a noob there aint much i can contribute,

untill theres something can be relied on not to change,

IE class names/animantion phases and stuff

theres nothing i can realy do besides wait & rip audio

i got mission ideas for all kinds (and audio to suport it)

but i cant start building till i no what im actualy building with  confused_o.gif

now most people have stargate worlds working,

i no what im building on, its just an issue of the gates & compatability

like it said, hold off on making missions untill 1.2 is released

as it'll be diffrent  : /

if 1.2 sp  is diffrent thats fine (because we've waited)

but then if 1.2/1.3 with  mp is diffrent again its gona be  banghead.gif  for me mapping & making missions

and everyone else

as for scripting within a mission

does the iris even use the same command in 1.2 : /

can a chev animation be seen (using a sqs) recals the position and if true, it plays an extra sound in the mission

100's of questions but i hold off bugging people,

if i had a beta i'd just look my self and report bugs

i missed beta testing but i can tell you

Tollan, Tollana

Tollan = People

Tollana = planet the tollan are from

ps

we all apreciate the work AND we DONT expect perfection,

so releasing beta's with bugs is NOT a bad thing

it'll provoke more possative & usefull input goodnight.gif

ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/TalonRobot.rar

look what i dug up biggrin_o.gif could use as a temporaly MALP smile_o.gif or WARMALP :P

ive been using that for months yay.gif lol

only problem is it bounces all over the place on certain islands : /

have you noticed the player (when you get out)

its a circuite board pmsl

ya lol but that damn thing wont drive up the sgc stargate ramp :/ i mean when its on it it drives backwards crazy_o.gif

How do you get the thing to move?

Nevermind, I got it

sum1 should make the sudan out of the 9th series with the cloaking device and the short staff weopons, is there goin to be a melee attack with the staffs?

Well, In my oppinion the best way to implement the melee with the staff would be similar to the UKF bayonet script, only with a different animation perhaps

Anyway the 1.2 will be released tonight, you can all choke on it for all i care.

Good to hear. smile_o.gif

Looking forward to futher releases from you guys

All ready and PBO'd, i need to write the readme though, for advanced missions is a must. I'll write it tommorrow morning and have it out by lunch (GMT).

I've been reading this thread for some time now and asked a few questions here and there, and IMHO I'd rather wait until the gate could be used in MP personally. I missed the vote for this, because most of the time someone else has already answered my question in another post, or I don't check it as often as I could.

Dingmatt, thank you and everyone else who has worked so hard and spent any amount of time on this awesome MOD for OFP. The work is very much appreciated. I look forward to the next release. Oh, and I've been making a map to host the SG worlds too. It's kind of like the one that was released not too long ago, but no harsh mountain sides, and there are more land masses. All made with DEM files too. I'll send it to you when I'm done if you want it.

P.S.

I don't want to choke on it...it's too much fun to play with!!! thumbs-up.gif

Ok I think we can appreciate what Dingmatt has done here and for the ppl that back swing him is well pretty well low in the Game industries.... we call them Leaches mad_o.gif

Ive been in the Game Industry for many years now[30yrs] and its ppl like Dingmatt and Walmis that tribute alot of their hours to give ppl what they want free of charge... now these ppl ask nothing in return but to see the ppl enjoy their work ...so Please when Dingmatt and party release their StarGate 1.2+ mod ...have some respect for what they have achieved ...... if you find a few bugs in the release then notify Dingmatt and I'm shall he will do his best to help you anyway he can......

On behave of OGN OFP Community I thankyou for you work and the many hours you have put into it and when the Multiplay version been release the OGN OFP communty will in no doubt be playing this on our Aussie server for may months to come.

Welldone guys smile_o.gif

Is ne1 here not using the edit button...? whistle.gif

Looking forward to the new version, too. smile_o.gif

If you need any help writing the readme, I'd be happy to contribute  smile_o.gif

The offer is very much appreciated but i'm the only one who knows how the gates now work. I'm afraid i go this one alone.

Quote[/b] ]lordhorus are u still making horus guard??

Yeah, but i'm having some problems getting my model to animate the right way so it will take some more time till i get a beta out banghead.gif