Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Ok, Vote on the current DHD or a larger one, i'll change it accordingly.

Another bug has been found out, a glitch causes some of the custom names to partialy randomize, i'll fix this tommorrow, its easy to do just time consuming.

I like the current DHD GUI, I don't want to see it any bigger because it would take up too much of the screen.

i think a white background would be better, since the glyphs are black...

Also, with the dialing computer i get the error

"Picture "\dsf_sg_dhd\adr_glyphs\scalar bool array string 0xfcfffef.jpg not found"

That error is gone, but now i have a weirder problem

I put a gate with dialing computer, made it earth. and a random gate with a DHD, i start at the DHD gate, dial earth, go through, the wormhole disengages, all is well. When I open up the database i click on the randomized gate/gate address, but the dialing computer starts to dial earth

Ok just tried out Dingmatt's RC3 (and Walmis' DHD 1.2) with the Earth gate and its dialing computer and an offworld gate with the Abydos adress. A few possible bugs I found so far.

1) when I preview the mission in the editor I get an error message right at startup before I even did anything:

'_home = _convert1 select (_homec-1)|#|': Error Zero divisor

2) the AI mates in my team won't follow me through the gate as they used to in 1.1, I tried it several times they never went through it.

3) The travelling sound stops a few sec before the new travelling animation sequence finished.

4) when I enter the stargate right after the vortex is gone I die each time. If I wait until the vortex sound is gone plus a few sec I usually can go through unharmed (maybe there's some time limit set too long / not as long as the vortex animation until you can safely the stargate?).

5) Dialing on earth to Abydos and from Abydos back to Earth worked.

However, when dialing Abydos from Earth a second time (after I was back on Earth) the gate dials normally but no wormhole is established, no blue horizon either. If I walk through the gate I don't get transported to Abydos either.

Luckily, there's a workaround: click on the "reset" key on the dial computer's keyboard and the next dial attempt should be successful again.

Dingmatt: personally, I vote for the 2nd picture. I can't share the worries about it being too large... you don't need to see much else except the gate maybe because you can't fight while dialing anyway (and it's not filling the complete screen either).

About the black background: I think it would be enough to not have a transparent DHD interface. From what it looks, transparency was removed in that screenshot, that's good!

Ok just tried out Dingmatt's RC3 (and Walmis' DHD 1.2) with the Earth gate and its dialing computer and an offworld gate with the Abydos adress. A few possible bugs I found so far.

1) when I preview the mission in the editor I get an error message right at startup before I even did anything:

2) the AI mates in my team won't follow me through the gate as they used to in 1.1, I tried it several times they never went through it.

3) The travelling sound stops a few sec before the new travelling animation sequence finished.

4) when I enter the stargate right after the vortex is gone I die each time. If I wait until the vortex sound is gone plus a few sec I usually can go through unharmed (maybe there's some time limit set too long / not as long as the vortex animation until you can safely the stargate?).

5) Dialing on earth to Abydos and from Abydos back to Earth worked.

However, when dialing Abydos from Earth a second time (after I was back on Earth) the gate dials normally but no wormhole is established, no blue horizon either. If I walk through the gate I don't get transported to Abydos either.

Luckily, there's a workaround: click on the "reset" key on the dial computer's keyboard and the next dial attempt should be successful again.

Dingmatt: looks good, though a little bit larger would be nice imho. I can't share the worries about it being too large... you don't need to see much else except the gate maybe because you can't fight while dialing anyway. Just a little tiny bit more might do.

About the black background: I think it would be enough to not have a transparent DHD interface. From what it looks, transparency was removed in that screenshot, that's good!

thx for the bug, i'll get them fixed tommorrow. i plan on writing a new rc each day so people don't get swamped down

Oops, you replied before I edited my posting... nevermind about the size of the DHD, already corrected my previous posting; the 2nd picture will probably do imho.

Since you read my bug report here already I won't post it in the DSFProductions board as I originally planned. If you need any additional informations, let me know.

Keep up the great work! smile_o.gif

What about the GDO by the way, is that still being developed? smile_o.gif

I spoke to Walmis earlier, he said he's working on the GDO.

Also, All my errors seem to be gone...Whatever I was doing wrong is okay now. No major bugs on my end.

Something of note though: Everything was crazy for me until i got rid of the tablets. Now its all okay. I think thats important

Hey Guys, I've been away for a while with no access to the net and I'm pleased to see the stargate stuff is carrying on and getting better still. I have only one problem, I've been gone 7 weeks and there's over 40 pages to read through to find the most upto date releases with the SG stuff. Can anyone put the links to the most recent stuff that has come out so I can see what I've been missing.

im find bugs in NamedGate.sqs smile_o.gif

the 7th chevrons is bad

.......[27,7,15,32,12,30],0].....

causes error:

7th chevrone is galaxy (i think) i can't create wormhole from "zero" galaxy to earth without ZPM rofl.gif

and readme.txt bug whistle.gif

bad paths "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs" ..\SQS\.. missing smile_o.gif

stargate not working in multiplayer confused_o.gif

sorry for my englis crazy_o.gif

btw is possible remove adress from database ?

im find bugs in NamedGate.sqs smile_o.gif

the 7th chevrons is bad

.......[27,7,15,32,12,30],0].....

causes error:

7th chevrone is galaxy (i think) i can't create wormhole from "zero" galaxy to earth without ZPM rofl.gif

and readme.txt bug whistle.gif

bad paths "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs" ..\SQS\.. missing smile_o.gif

stargate not working in multiplayer confused_o.gif

sorry for my englis crazy_o.gif

btw is possible remove adress from database ?

I would have to agree here...same on servers CTD...

What we need is a separate version for multiplayers....

As Multi players need a quick gate to open and close without going through symbols etc to open a gate..... excellent for Stargate SP mod but no good for multi...

BXBX has the right idea to open a gate quick but only works in SP mode......need a multi version.... DSF 1.1 released a version and works in Multiplay but with a few issues which was bought up futher back in this forum....

For Multi just need just basic addons

Gates

- HomeGate and Off worldgate is good

DHD

- with no symbols extras for dialing which includes in the script of selecting gate numbers,closing/opening iris and shutting gate down.

thats it basicly..... dont need the extra gate address in database etc ....also to keep the lag down in the animation would be to keep the symbols close together in dialing which would also help in the sounds sequence when dialing instead of waiting for the animation to catch up.

No one has ever built a addon that can be used to jump from one place to another which OFP has built to be used....when the Stargate started we thought this is what we are looking for.....

With this in place a new mission would rise again.....

mabey when the bugs are fixed and Walmis releases his GDO the multiplay might change everything biggrin_o.gif

thats coz 1.2 is a sp gate for now i hope. i think the remebering the address for the stargate is great it makes you think alot more when playing the game even if it can be frustrating crazy_o.gif

Yeah, 1.2 was released without multiplayer support since people asked for it. Dingmatt is very well aware of that and his next version might or might not have multiplayer available. This one definitely doesn't as intended.

Removing the travel animation in mp is an interesting point... but manually dialing the symbols is ok imho. Hey, yesterday I was annoyed by it but just as johnwilson said: you might only need to memorize a very few adresses (such as Earth) anyway.

Maybe the mp mission designers could even agree on common adresses for Tauri and Go'auld so you don't need to learn new adresses each time you play a different mp mission.

However, in a few cases wouldn't it be cool if you had to figure out the symbols first and dialing them while your squad protects you from enemy fire? Just like in the tv show. biggrin_o.gif

In my opinion, if Dingmatt shouldn't know what's best for mp then this should be tested out and by feedback Dingmatt could decide what's best for mp. wink_o.gif But I guess let's wait and see first; for now it's all about single player.

Thanx Boo-Dro...I know it seemed lazy to ask but this isn't the only website I've lost track on recently and with still moving boxes around the house I can't seem to concentrate on catching up at the moment. I can't wait to try the Stargate 1.2 out when I finally get round gaming again.

Thanx Boo-Dro...I know it seemed lazy to ask but this isn't the only website I've lost track on recently and with still moving boxes around the house I can't seem to concentrate on catching up at the moment. I can't wait to try the Stargate 1.2 out when I finally get round gaming again.

I wouldn't call that lazy. wink_o.gif After all, this thread has MANY pages and a newcomer could get lost easily with what has been released and what is still in development. Especially since there is a website (Boodro gave you the link already) it's good to ask. biggrin_o.gif But be aware that the Stargate 1.2 offered there might not be the RC3 version (more bugs fixed) which is offered at www.dsfproductions.co.uk. Yet as long as you don't use the dial computer any version is fine for now.

Oh, and keep in mind 1.2 does not support multiplayer yet.

If you don't want the wormhole, in the init line of anything you want, set DSF_NOWORM = 1 (I think)

Point of origin 0 in CreateIdentity.sqs means "I don't care which one. You choose one for me"

If you don't want the wormhole, in the init line of anything you want, set DSF_NOWORM = 1 (I think)

Point of origin 0 in CreateIdentity.sqs means "I don't care which one. You choose one for me"

why don't want the wormhole huh.gif it's very fun ! I inlove.gif the wormhole !

thumbs-up.gif

why don't want the wormhole huh.gif it's very fun ! I inlove.gif the wormhole !

thumbs-up.gif

Some people might find it bothering for multiplayer. Though I personally think it can even be fun in multiplayer because there won't be a delay for anyone since every player will have to watch it. However, there might be reasons that vote for turning it off.

I just adapted my SG-7 mission. I noticed the AI doesn't follow through the gate most of the time. Yet it seems it's caused by the building the stargate is in, not by the gate itself but I'm not absolutely sure yet. When I created an Earth gate and an offworld gate in the desert they went through it without any problems.

Anyways, I might have found another bug. When I changed the offworld gate from Abydos (just used this for internal testing which worked perfectly) to "P2X555" (init line: [this, "P2X555"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs") I got an error when I accessed the computer's database:

Picture \dsf_sg_dhd\adr_glyphs\0.jpg not found and the 5th symbol of P2X555 wasn't displayed in the database.

Now if I ignore the error message and click on the planet to start dialing it will dial up but I don't get a wormhole. While dialing I get another error message:

'buffer = BUFFER + [_convert select (addr select ((count addr)-1))-1|#|': Error Zero divisor

I used Stargate 1.2 RC3 and Walmis' DHD 1.2.

edit: just tried out P5C353 which works okay.

I try to download stargate rc3 on ofp-sgs.com but the archive are corumpted  confused_o.gif

can you put here a link to download stargate mod 1.2 rc3 ?

wink_o.gif

with what browser did your download got corrupted? Try downloading again, it works fine