Sign in to follow this  
Jimboob

Right & Left Handed

IMO left handed/right handed would be pure eyecandy, and probably not worth the work put into it. Obviously itll be for BIS to decide  smile_o.gif

What if a right handed soldier can lean further to the right than left and vice versa?

....you head is slightly tilted to the right if you're right-handed and aiming down the sights. Kinda like in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Then he ends up with a load of hot casing in his face. smile_o.gif

What´s next ?

Tashev04.jpg

tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

On a serious note. Keep in mind that soldiers tend to wear body armor and a lot of other belt thingies that hinder the side-bending ? a lot.

The body armour will only prevent bending forward/backwards to extremes (Human extremes*, not like in that picture tounge2.gif)

But even still, it stops fairly high up, and will allow you to bend a bit I guess

The belt-kit wont stop you leaning more than 90* ( crazy_o.gif ).

The stuff will be thought out well enough not to limit movement too much, it wont stop you being able to lean. Even if it did, you could lean using your legs only

I totaly agree, left/right handed anims would be purely athetical, and fairly pointless.

I don't see how it would affect game-play, and would make making new animations a pain, as you'd have to do new animations (Even if something like a localised animation system was used, which would allow you to only animate a certain area, nothing else, a bit like the expressions - animating the face only, and allowing the rest of the animations to run unaffected)

All in all, more effort than it's worth..

- Ben

Edit : (:crazy:) doen't work, needs spaces, it turns out icon_rolleyes.gif

Pathy dont forget that uncle sam is using a mod version of FN2K

about the "effort and worth" thing i couldnt see anything that didnt worth to try out in modding thing, for this game there is just way too many things that is made with shit loads of work and with a little usage i.e. PC parachute, hard to control, not as effective(to the scripted, menu controled one) isnt it, but its still the only realistic one by far we have got(FDF have a built in one, but it is also a total conv. mod)

so if you ask me if it is going to worth it, my answer is "may be not", but does this means that we didnt need to have a try? i dont think so, as you could only see the result when you acturaly finished and release it

First of all, I`m right handed...

The biggest noticeable difference is when you hold your weapon quite low, during the hip-shooting...right?

Since game2 will have (very realistic) IR sight system suggested by me tounge2.gif (well It probably wouldn`t, but I expect something even more realistic and definetely the reduction of the hip-shooting value in game) there probably wouldn`t be need to make 2 kinds of weapon holding anims couse hip-shooting won`t be as effective as it is now.

But It`s just a subjective opinion, couse I can`t tell how much helpful would it be to add those left-handed anims for left handed guys, so It`s up to them.

in OFP i usually goes around right coner without being killed quite easily, no matter if i use the lead script/g36 bugs or not, but when the coner is at your left hand side it always cause some problems, either i was too far out the coner(even when i lead around it, with that shooting post you just get too limited FOV) or i couldnt see any enemy there b4 my hold body have fully move away from cover(just dont tell me to rush out to the next right coner, would you do that in RL combat?), bear in mind that OFP is not the type of game that your gun always point at the center of screen, so in order to make close contact life in easier this thing could be helpful, just my $0.2

Pathy dont forget that uncle sam is using a mod version of FN2K

about the "effort and worth" thing i couldnt see anything that didnt worth to try out in modding thing, for this game there is just way too many things that is made with shit loads of work and with a little usage i.e. PC parachute, hard to control, not as effective(to the scripted, menu controled one) isnt it, but its still the only realistic one by far we have got(FDF have a built in one, but it is also a total conv. mod)

so if you ask me if it is going to worth it, my answer is "may be not", but does this means that we didnt need to have a try? i dont think so, as you could only see the result when you acturaly finished and release it

Time spent making a whole new set of anims, just so we can have the thrill of seeing our soldier holding thier gun left handed, and MAYBE even have the benefits of being able to lean better to the left, is time i'd prefer BIS concentrated on doing something content related smile_o.gif

Do i need to explain it anymore?

No?

Then goodnight.gif

well if the XBOX version has it then surely all the other future games will have too judging by the look of this pic tounge2.gif

6d5.jpg

That was discussed already, it's almost certainly just to control layout.. ALmost all xbox games have various combinations of controls, left/right hand will swap the moving/aiming analouge sticks/triggers, for example..

- Ben

That was discussed already, it's almost certainly just to control layout.. ALmost all xbox games have various combinations of controls, left/right hand will swap the moving/aiming analouge sticks/triggers, for example..

- Ben

kinda odd, anything Bis does just raises more questions instead of answering questions tounge2.gif

Posted by some muppet on another forum........

To clear it up, left/right handed is for the controller configuration, if like me you choose left handed then you aim with the left analogue stick and walk with the right analogue stick, your gun is still held and shot right handed smile_o.gif

Posted by some muppet on another forum........
To clear it up, left/right handed is for the controller configuration, if like me you choose left handed then you aim with the left analogue stick and walk with the right analogue stick, your gun is still held and shot right handed smile_o.gif

Thats kinda sloppy...

I mean, its like playing OFP with the mouse on the left of the screen. tounge2.gif

I play with the mouse on the left of my desk wink_o.gif

i would like lefthand players and maybe weapons in arma 2 too!

who to hell throws a grenade with the right hand? ;/ :))

how is a topic from 2005 in the arma 2 forum? lol

btw, i throw grenades with my right hand ;)

There is a feature now at the top of threads that are old:

Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was (number) days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Even so, 2005?

** He asks while tossing in a virtual thread cooked grenade combination in an ambidextrous-criss-crossed-figure-of-eight-pin-release-walks-away-large-explosion-ensues-behind-me-all in a-slow-mo-mean-faced fashion **

:j:

Edited by mrcash2009

I'm left handed and I find it weird using the mouse on the left side of the desk and using left-handed controls, also, I like to fire rifles with my right hand.

Please stop digging out old threads when you have nothing important to add to them.