Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops or BLEED

in the UKF updates we'll equip them with correct weapons we've made, and no, not M4's.

You know Colt has recently purchased Diemaco so your C8's(asuming you will give them modern weapons) are almost M4's now icon_rolleyes.gif And if you give them 1991 equipment M16's and commandos are its precedors you have a hard time coming around AR15's with the SAS(Special Air Service, not Scandinavian Airlines System).

STGN

i know COLT has pruchased diemaco... but they're still visually a different weapon and still Diemaco's until COLT, most probally, phase them out.

UK forces use the diemaco's... hence why we've made them and will equip them smile_o.gif

A Question does British Diemaco's have a UK stamp on it or somthing, like Canadian and Danish have?

STGN

in the UKF updates we'll equip them with correct weapons we've made, and no, not M4's.

You know Colt has recently purchased Diemaco so your C8's(asuming you will give them modern weapons) are almost M4's now icon_rolleyes.gif And if you give them 1991 equipment M16's and commandos are its precedors you have a hard time coming around AR15's with the SAS(Special Air Service, not Scandinavian Airlines System).

STGN

i know COLT has pruchased diemaco... but they're still visually a different weapon and still Diemaco's until COLT, most probally, phase them out.

UK forces use the diemaco's... hence why we've made them and will equip them  smile_o.gif

more likely COLT will take the improvements from the C8 and put em on the M4, wink_o.gif but there still 2 diverent weapons so no point calling a C8 a M4 at the moment biggrin_o.gif

STGN

UK forces use the diemaco's... hence why we've made them and will equip them  smile_o.gif

more likely COLT will take the improvements from the C8 and put em on the M4,  wink_o.gif but there still 2 diverent weapons so no point calling a C8 a M4 at the moment   biggrin_o.gif

Hmm I don't know I think that the two weapons are internaly alike. Why you might ask well Colt is has for some time sold LE rifles that had parts manufactured by Diemaco which indicades that they have the same specs. Besides the only good things Diemaco makes is the rifle everything els is not that good. Thats atleast what I have heard from soldiers using em.

But this is too oftoipc I think

STGN

A Question does British Diemaco's have a UK stamp on it or somthing, like Canadian and Danish have?

STGN

not that i know of. They use the canadian ones i think... although dont quote me on this whistle.gif

Yes, there are similarities between the two, and they are in lamens terms an identical weapon... but there are well thought out reasons why the british, the canandians and the danes use them over the M4's wink_o.gif

I understand BB is done supporting these, so I'll just post this and see if anyone else has the problem, and if so, maybe UKF has an idea...

I can't seem to take any regular BIS pipebombs (Satchel Charges) with these units.  Yes, I've shot/thrown/dropped my ammo, but I still don't seem to be able to "see" them when I walk up to an object that has them onboard.  We're talking either a unit that carries them, or a vehicle that has them added (this addmagazineCargo "Pipebomb").  Other, non-BB units (as a player) can pick them up in the same mission.  I even changed it to addweaponcargo, and then the BB units can see them, but of course, there's nothing really to pickup.

Anybody have this, or am I just missing something?

i think its beacuse of some different cpp defines it has,

look a the cpp and it has unique defines. like blb_put etc. but thats just my guess im not reallly sure.

also the scripts with the brg and ammo bearer dont work wen loaded from a saved game. so if youve saved it and loaded it the scripts wont work

or just use the addweapon command... people seem to be getting very confused about the stance on the BIS weapons...

remember, unfortunatly, there are 100's of bloody M4 packs and everyone has their favourites. BB would have a hard job choosing the 'best' pack to useand keep everyone happy. This way, no1 should complain, or have any right to.

i know what u mean by BB just makeing the BIS weapons for the SAS. But im asking if some one anybody could make an pbo of BB addons units for the replace ment of the BIS weapons with Wips M4s because i just have to put those int fildes add this ect.. would just make it better for me im just asking some one if the would do this im prety sure that people would dl it, and it would just help thats all just asking for some one to config it because i dont know how thats all if some one can plz help would be vary greatful biggrin_o.gif If u would just use any other weapons out there just dont like thoes BIS ones biggrin_o.gif

Its really less work to add WIPs M4 with init lines through the editor.

if anything, edit the config to use Lowlands Warrior's Diemaco's

It would be better to send WIP M4s back to bloody Counter Strike so we dont get this in every fooking topic.

Anyway... is there a working link for 1.0e patch or full?

It would be better to send WIP M4s back to bloody Counter Strike so we dont get this in every fooking topic.

come on now dont get it twisted Wips M4s would be awsome but if some one would like to do an diffrent weapon cool. What im saying is i dont like those BIS weapons i just said Wips M4s because they look awsome but if some one would do an diffrent one cool i just dont like those BIS ones pistols.gif ANy

then use the addweapon command...

or havnt we already gone over this?

rofl.gif

Yes, there are similarities between the two, and they are in lamens terms an identical weapon... but there are well thought out reasons why the british, the canandians and the danes use them over the M4's  wink_o.gif

I believe the SFW was chosen to 'replace' the AR15/M16s and the numbers of M4s we had because it combined the best features of the two weapons: it's more compact than the old Armalites thanks to the telescopic buttstock, but has a longer barrel than the M4 and standard C8, supposedly making it more accurate. That's what one of the chaps who works in small arms told me anyway.

Either way, my config's edited to give BB's lads KMM's JAM compatable C8 SFW with M203 and handle.

Yes, there are similarities between the two, and they are in lamens terms an identical weapon... but there are well thought out reasons why the british, the canandians and the danes use them over the M4's wink_o.gif

I believe the SFW was chosen to 'replace' the AR15/M16s and the numbers of M4s we had because it combined the best features of the two weapons: it's more compact than the old Armalites thanks to the telescopic buttstock, but has a longer barrel than the M4 and standard C8, supposedly making it more accurate. That's what one of the chaps who works in small arms told me anyway.

Either way, my config's edited to give BB's lads KMM's JAM compatable C8 SFW with M203 and handle.

mines edited to use our new weapons biggrin_o.gif

[from work]

First page updated with mirrors.

Really people, since this is the last version for (presumably) a long time, you are totally free to add mirrors.

also the scripts with the brg and ammo bearer dont work wen loaded from a saved game.  so if youve saved it and loaded it the scripts wont work

A hint to the scripters. I stumbled upon this long after release making it too late to implement really:

beginning of script (script must be running/looping all thru the mission)

#loop

?! (alive _this select 0):exit

? time < _time : goto "IhaveJustReloadedAsaveGame"

~2

goto "loop"

#IhaveJustReloadedAsaveGame

<Put everything straight thru an individual saved array here>

[back to work]

mines edited to use our new weapons  biggrin_o.gif

lol, git biggrin_o.gif

Would that happen to include a Hi-Po with those ironsights I gave you?

then use the addweapon command...

or havnt we already gone over this?

rofl.gif

Aye, for the past 17 pages, thought someone would get the hint by now wouldnt you? confused_o.gif

Now you've got something other than bloody crapidshare available I'll have a mirror up soon wink_o.gif

[Post updated.. we all knew you'd make another BB. Haha.. but we don't mind!

rofl.gif Yeah, thanx for keeping me busy.

Thx BB smile_o.gif so for those Game logic all i do is us empty game logic and it works huh.gif Im not to fimilar with this if can plz help confused_o.gif

Yeah just place the empty gamelogics anywhere in the mission editor. Ofcourse if you have one squad of paras there no point using a gamelogic that affects the regular troops. wink_o.gif

Btw I STILL get CTD's everytime I place any of BB's game logics in the mission if ECP is running.

I place the game logic and press "preview" and loading screen comes up and then back to the desktop. No error messages or nothing it just throws me back to the desktop. confused_o.gif

also the scripts with the brg and ammo bearer dont work wen loaded from a saved game.  so if youve saved it and loaded it the scripts wont work

A hint to the scripters. I stumbled upon this long after release making it too late to implement really:

#loop

~2

goto "loop"

[back to work]

is it a separate script?

#loop

~2

goto "loop"

[back to work]

is it a separate script?

(Somebody stop me.)

Yes it have to be a separate script.

And you're gonna have to edit the randomscripts aswell.

Example (for _SAS). (This is written from work, untested):

SAS hidden selections nr

"SHEMAGH"----- 0

"LongSleeves"-- 4

"patrolpack"--- 5

"Gasmaskpouch"-6

"boonie"------ 9

"gogglesStatic"-13

"headset"----- 14

"SOOT"-------- 15

"gogglesLens"--16

Make a new array and add a slot for each selection:

Put this line at the beginning of the script.

BLB_rndSAS1 = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0] <---9 hid.sel. = 9 zeroes = arraypositions 0-8

1. _SAS executes "initSAS_rnd.sqs"

2. If he gets a shemagh set arrayposition 0 to "1"

BLB_rndSAS1 set [0, 1] <--- [Arrayposition, Value]

BLB_rndSAS1 now looks like this:

[1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

3. (Moves on to next choice in the script)

If he gets longsleeves set arrayposition 1 to "1"

BLB_rndSAS1 set [1, 1] <--- [ArrayPosition, Value]

[1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

4. ...and so on...

5. Exchange any "exit" in the script to:

[_blbsoldier, BLB_rndSAS1] exec "\BLB_UK\Scripts\ReEquipMonitorSAS1.sqs"

6. Create a new script called "ReEquipMonitorSAS1.sqs" and put in the above folder.

7. The look of the script :

_blbsoldier = _this select 0

#loop

~2

goto "loop"

? (_this select 1)==1 : _blbsoldier setObjectTexture [0,"\BLB_UK\shemagh.paa"]

? (_this select 2)==1 : _blbsoldier  setObjectTexture [4,"\BLB_UK\Arm.paa"];_blbsoldier  animate [{Sleeves}, 1]

<...and so on. Check the "initsas_rnd.sqs" for correct syntax>

<time is the amount of time passed since missions is started/reloaded>

<_time is the amount of time passed since current script is started>

This is meant to be a pointer in the right direction. I cant guarantee it's success. wow_o.gif

#loop

~2

goto "loop"

[back to work]

is it a separate script?

(Somebody stop me.)

Yes it has to be a separate script.

And you're gonna have to edit the randomscripts aswell.

Example (for _SAS). (This is written from work, untested):

SAS hidden selections nr

"SHEMAGH"----- 0

"LongSleeves"-- 4

"patrolpack"--- 5

"Gasmaskpouch"-6

"boonie"------ 9

"gogglesStatic"-13

"headset"----- 14

"SOOT"-------- 15

"gogglesLens"--16

Make a new array and add a slot for each selection:

Put this line at the beginning of the script.

BLB_rndSAS1 = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0] <---9 hid.sel. = 9 zeroes = arraypositions 0-8

1. _SAS executes "initSAS_rnd.sqs"

2. If he gets a shemagh set arrayposition 0 to "1"

BLB_rndSAS1 set [0, 1] <--- [Arrayposition, Value]

[1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

3. (Moves on to next choice in the script)

If he gets longsleeves set arrayposition 1 to "1"

BLB_rndSAS1 set [1, 1] <--- [ArrayPosition, Value]

[1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

4. ...and so on...

5. Exchange any "exit" in the script to:

[_blbsoldier, BLB_rndSAS1] exec "\BLB_UK\Scripts\ReEquipMonitorSAS1.sqs"

6. Create a new script called "ReEquipMonitorSAS1.sqs" and put in the above folder.

7. The look of the script :

_blbsoldier = _this select 0

#loop

~2

goto "loop"

? (_this select 1)==1 : _blbsoldier setObjectTexture [0,"\BLB_UK\shemagh.paa"]

? (_this select 2)==1 : _blbsoldier  setObjectTexture [4,"\BLB_UK\Arm.paa"];_blbsoldier  animate [{Sleeves}, 1]

<...and so on. Check the "initsas_rnd.sqs" for correct syntax>

<time is the amount of time passed since missions is started/reloaded>

<_time is the amount of time passed since current script is started>

This is meant to be a pointer in the right direction. I cant guarantee it's success. wow_o.gif

thanks for the help man

but i think aint that advanced in scripting

sorry for the trouble dude

i might have caused you a headache because just by looking at that i already got one

crazy_o.gif