Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops or BLEED

I want to have all my SAS men to have no backpacks and to all wear Shemaghs.

What is the exact code to put in the Init?

They'll all be in vehicles from the start of my mission and then they'll go straight into combat. Therefore no need for all the kit. Just beltkit and weapons.

read the read me perhaps? Or even just read a few posts futher up the page where blackblood has explained the process of how the scripts work for shemagh etc...

bumping a thread because you want a personal script from the addon maker seems a little fruitless huh.gif

I've looked through the thread and I can't find it. Also I can't make sense of the readme. Also the readme says,

"IF THIS PAGE IS HARD TO READ, CHECK "CODES.JPG." ALL CODES MUST BE PUT IN ANY INIT-FIELD."

Unfortunatley there is no Codes.jpg to be found.

I've looked through the thread and I can't find it. Also I can't make sense of the readme. Also the readme says,

"IF THIS PAGE IS HARD TO READ, CHECK "CODES.JPG." ALL CODES MUST BE PUT IN ANY INIT-FIELD."

Unfortunatley there is no Codes.jpg to be found.

page 9 .. 6th post wink_o.gif

I'm making a mission with these units and have made some init details if anyone is interested. I made a patrol of 6 men with the option of having a sniper. If you want a sniper then the squad will have to become 8. You'll want RKSL's L96 for accuracy. For obvious reasons the AI guys don't have pistols or Binos. LAW is the 66 like in the first gulf war. One round only. Radio is the UKF Clansman.

Here's the L96

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6807

Here are the codes.

TL

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addweapon "JAM_M16GL"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "BLB_LD"; this addweapon "BLB_LD"; this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addweapon "binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addmagazine "BLB_P226mag"; this addweapon "BLB_P226"; this addmagazine "BLB_P226mag"; this addmagazine "BLB_P226mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_flareWhite"

GL

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Vest"; this addweapon "JAM_M16GL"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"

AT

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addweapon "JAM_M16GL"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addmagazine "LawLauncher"; this addweapon "LawLauncher"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Grenade"

Sig

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addweapon "JAM_M16GL"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30bMag"; this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addmagazine "JAM_M433Vest"; this addweapon "UKF_CLANSMAN"

MG

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "JAM_W556M_200mag"; this addweapon "UKF_LMG"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556M_200mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556M_200mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556M_200mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556M_200mag"; this addweapon "NVGoggles";

Sniper

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addweapon "RKSL_L96A1"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this addmagazine "RKSL762NATO_mag"; this setunitpos "down"; this addweapon "nvgoggles"

I just realised that the BLB PE4 doesn't work in my init line. I put the command,

this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"

I have the satchel in my inventory but I can't put it on the ground. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Anyone got a clue what the BLB laser designator is under in the editor, I want to equip a unit with it!

I hope somebody is going to make ECP compatible version that does not crash when you place game logics in a mission. sad_o.gif

sad to say i got bored with playing with american units and so i play with these now, really high quality stuff, good work dude

Please could someone help me with the BLB_Satchel. I cant seem to place it in game. I see from above that you require BLB_Put, but where do you need to put BLB_Put?

Thanks

Ad

Please could someone help me with the BLB_Satchel. I cant seem to place it in game. I see from above that you require BLB_Put, but where do you need to put BLB_Put?

Thanks

Ad

You can place it in the "init" field of the soldier.

this addweapon "BLB_put"; this addmagazine "BLB_Satchel"

1. The LSW carried by BLB troops is not be treated as an MG by the AI. They will not engage targets at range, unlike the MG or AR.

2. Would it be possible to add a leaf "iron sight" on the SAS M203s for those of us who don't use crosshairs.

Really great troops. Having a blast with the Paras in Bleed for Oil (although the SAS are really my favorites). wink_o.gif Only thing that bothers me is the black guy with white arms, but I suppose that is just an OFP thing.

S!

1. The LSW carried by BLB troops is not be treated as an MG by the AI. They will not engage targets at range, unlike the MG or AR.

When i served in the British army the LSWs role was for accurate rather than suppresive fire, as the magazine capasity is exactly the same as the SA80 which renders it pretty usless for a machinegun role. The platoon had one GPMG which was used to suppress fire for all 3 sections. Let me tell you that this was very hard work, as i had to keep up with the lead section while still being able to give covering fire to sections 2 and 3. Being a machinegunner is far from lying and fireing just giving suppressive fire.

I started typing and couldn't stop.... tounge2.gif

When i served in the British army the LSWs role was for accurate rather than suppresive fire, as the magazine capasity is exactly the same as the SA80 which renders it pretty usless for a machinegun role. The platoon had one GPMG which was used to suppress fire for all 3 sections. Let me tell you that this was very hard work, as i had to keep up with the lead section while still being able to give covering fire to sections 2 and 3. Being a machinegunner is far from lying and fireing just giving suppressive fire.

I started typing and couldn't stop.... tounge2.gif

Very interesting. Perhaps it should be classified as a sniper rifle. Right now, AI uses it like an SA-80 and does not engage at long range.