Sign in to follow this  
G-Capo

Artillery? Yes or No

i´m for artillery ! this make the online play much complex.    and , HAPY BIRTHDAY G-CAPO!  wink_o.gif

Thank you how did you know? biggrin_o.gif .

KGB! sounds familliar? biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

artillery yes I'd love it. but I'd also like to see myself under the big shower or boulders. the enemy has to have the ability to call in a strike as well.

Artillery is good. But I dont want it to become too important to victory or have in included in all multiplayer maps and scenarios.

Artillery would be a good thing, as long as it is not overused. I have played on some MP missions that artillery made the game unplayable, and others where it worked in just right.

Maybe put a limit on how many you can put in game depending on how many people are actually playing at that time.

Just limit the artillery support. As long as it is proper artillery using guns and howitzers not just scripts. So if you destroy enemy howitzers they won't be able to use it until new ones are sent from mainland and vice versa.

artillery is a must but when its destroyed once it should take a lot of time to get a replacement for it

I would like to see artillery in the game. But I noticed that for VSB1 it was the most expensive addon, $180.00 US and the core engine was only $140.00 US. So I wonder what kind of reasoning is behind this and if that will factor into the choice of BI adding it to AA or not.

But what about the bunnies? Will they at least add the animal pack? A $50.00 US value? LOL.

These are not VBS forums, VBS topics are not to be discussed here.

We have Artillery from two Mod teams:

1. CoC Artillery

2. VME Artillery

As we have this now, how could it be that there is no Artillery in Armed Assault. It may be, that BIS didn`t made Artillery for Armed Assault, but im sure that this two Artillery systems ( CoC, VME) will find theire way into Armed Assault. wink_o.gif

I dont think artellery is important... its just imho too easy... Also, the islands are simply too small to use artellery. Artelleries are meant to be many kilometers behind enemy lines, not just 10.

A light artellery script would be fine though.

I dont think artellery is important... its just imho too easy... Also, the islands are simply too small to use artellery. Artelleries are meant to be many kilometers behind enemy lines, not just 10.

A light artellery script would be fine though.

well, most smaller artillerypieces (up to about 105mm) doesnt have more then about 10-15km range... so they would fit on the current islands...

but.. there is more then the big guns here, what about mortars? most mortars dont have higher range then a maximum of 12km..

smaller mortars (60-90mm) dont have even 10km range...

and NOONE would conduct a big operation without artillery support.. thats just suicide..

so i think that atleast mortars and maybe even 105mm guns would fit in ArmA...

maybe naval artillery too...

but anyway, most of this can and have been done before (CoC and various scripts) so i wont cry if i dont see artillery ir ArmA...

Quote[/b] ]These are not VBS forums, VBS topics are not to be discussed here.

Sorry dude, can we not at least speculate about it?

If you feel the Islands are too small try AEC Islands. Abel, Eden and Cain on one map. smile_o.gif

Big enough for artillery battles.

Especially when we get destructable buildings ARI would be great to "soften up" a target!

Hope we get real ARI soon!

Especially when we get destructable buildings ARI would be great to "soften up" a target!

Hope we get real ARI soon!

but ofcourse that would require the AI to actually USE stuff as cover....

not just standing like idiots and being blown to pieces....

What about SUDS, missiles and Patriot systems? That would be cool.

quite frankly, I'd rather have BIS focus on the things that can't be done by the community (improving mp, giving us more options with addon and mission making, better individual ai, etc.)

if BIS had to make everything in AA as good as (or better than) ofp's best addons, they would never finish the game. confused_o.gif

quite frankly, I'd rather have BIS focus on the things that can't be done by the community (improving mp, giving us more options with addon and mission making, better individual ai, etc.)

if BIS had to make everything in AA as good as (or better than) ofp's best addons, they would never finish the game. confused_o.gif

i agree...

artillery and working scuds is stuff we can do ourselves..

btw, Scuds where available in CWC so it will be in ArmA too wink_o.gif

I just mean... how fun is it to bombard an enemy with artellery... yes, it migh be realistic in warfare where the enemy numbers are in the 1000s rather than in the hundred...

Its just not worth moving arty in if the enemy numbers is below that.... thats what we got bombers for...

Why risk a plane when some artyshells can do it?

btw. I miss a smilie at this point "evilgrin". wink_o.gif

I just hope some engine limitations and bugs like multiple guns on vehicles, dynamic buildings, CQB and no more diving planes, a new infra red night view support for a AC-130 Spectra and a soldier unit that can carry 2 primary weapons and a secondory weapon example a M16 & Shotgun as primary and a handgun as secondary.

And better building funtion no more AI or player units that can walk like ghosts through objects or vehicles and smarter AI units and some animals will do it great for ArAs wink_o.gif

All the other great stuff must be made for Game2 wink_o.gif