Sign in to follow this  
Stealth3

BF2 Criticism and Thoughts

Doesn't support GeForce 4 series cards.. sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Minimum Specification:

CPU: 1.7 GHz

RAM: 512 MB

Video Card: nVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 MB of RAM

Recommended Specification:

CPU: 2.4 GHz

RAM: 1 GB

Video Card with at least 256 MB of RAM

Video Cards

Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:

Radeon X700 (PCI-E)

Radeon X600 (PCI-E)

GeForce 6600 (PCI-E)

GeForce PCX 5900 (PCI-Ee)

GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

ATI Radeon X800 PRO

ATI Radeon 9800 Series

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)

ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series

ATI Radeon 8500 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

nVidia GeForce 6800 GT

nVidia GeForce 6800

nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series

nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series

But, Radeon 8500 series...damn those pixel shaders

Say what again crazy_o.gif

Oh no, I have Geforce4 sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Aaah, crappy game! Now I may need to upgrade my card before "Game 2" mad_o.gif

I tried the demo and it confirmed my fears. It feels like bf42, only with a facelift and a boobjob. Not impressed at all.

Guest Ti0n3r

The demo was worhtless IMO. mad_o.gif

Edit: I have changed my opinion...

I might DL the demo. Might. But it doesn't support 6200!!! sad_o.gif

well my dads comp has a X600 so I don't think it'll be a prob. smile_o.gif

The game doesn't support my card (GeForce FX 5600) but I still run it fine.

great game, gonna buy it for sure!

and it runs great on my amd athlon XP1800+ @ 2100+,256mb ram, FX5200 @ faster then 5200ultra

ofcourse, everything on low, but this is 1 crappy machine.. biggrin_o.gif

and it runs great on my amd athlon XP1800+ @ 2100+,256mb ram, FX5200 @ faster then 5200ultra

ofcourse, everything on low, but this is 1 crappy machine.. biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully you did use some very ironic language ;) ;)

Tested the demo for 10 mins only and it's as Shadow said, only BF42 with a face lift...

It runs very fine on my system, but hell it's BF2!

Downloading it now

I accidently started a topic just for the demo not knowing you were covering it on this one so "oops" for that! crazy_o.gif

I just hope it's got good gameplay value!

ofcourse, everything on low, but this is 1 crappy machine..  biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully you did use some very ironic language ;) ;)

no i didnt tounge_o.gif

I am overall surprised as to how well the demo ran. I'm probobly going to tweak some settings on my comp to get a better looking game. Otherwise, default is all on Low.

Actually it is an improvement over BF42 yea it has the same arcadish gameplay but I don't really mind a different game for once in a few years ;) aside from OFP. It has a command system now, you can assign and create squad/groups. But yea quite fun smile_o.gif.

But I must add this; I haven't seen birds or any kind of wildlife so that quite bad. sad_o.gif

I've seen birds, but they're hard to see. I really only see em if a soldier is walking through a grassy spot or a gunshot goes off near one. It's hard to find em. Only seen em when they fly off though.

I played Battlefield 1942, didnt even bother with Battlefield Vietnam. I played Joint Ops, and that was just about the last time I'll ever lay a finger on a game like this...

I honestly don't know what all the hype is about. I'm guessing it's that not many people have played games like Operation Flashpoint, before playing this game. I loved Star Wars Battlefront, which has smaller maps to fight on. I just dont find it fun to run to my destination, be shot at, and need to run for 1 minute all over again just to have it keep happening. The game is insanely Comic-Book styled, and I just don't find that to be fun.

Great, we can drive vehicles, something we all did before. Why cant BF2 be more RTS favored?

I would very, very much LOVE to have a war, that lasts for hours, days, weeks, with the Join-In-Progress feature, where you can effectively set up your own bases, defind them, attack enemy bases, capture towns and cities, all to effect the general outcome of the war. But all we do is run around and play Capture and Hold, until we collected everything, or until all the enemy reinforcements are gone.

I do admit I love the reinforcement development strategy, it's a great idea.

I'm not going to buy this game. EA Games just promotes and Publishes the hell out of BS games, with fantastic graphics to fool people into believing this is a one-of-a-kind videogame.

If EA games was the Publisher of Operation Flashpoint 2, I would see more OFP2 threads than BF2.

I installed it yesterday and let me tell you, if you want to enjoy this game to its max potential, follow these steps:

A) Get a mic then set it up

B) Find a friend or a few friends

C) After joining your side, hit caps lock and create or join a squad, and tell your friends to do so as well

D) Hold "B" to talk to your squad mates.

I was playing with my good friend and it was a very enjoyable time. Here's some screenshots he took. (Sorry, none of the act of which I flew at an insanley high speed into the flagpole..)

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/2772/screen0128ro.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/4885/screen0138ee.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/4045/screen0143oy.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/5655/screen0153sb.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/6699/screen0166ze.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/6595/screen0172ve.jpg

BF2 might be fun for a few weeks but it's just as bad as the majority of the released games. It offers nothing we haven't seen before.

boring; lame; conquer outpost; lose outpost; run and gun; gun and run. over and over and over again...

maybe we are just getting to old for this biggrin_o.gif

OMG I AM SO MAD! The game doesnt support nvidia geforce fx 5200! Means im gonna have to buy an expensive chip. GOD DAMN! How do I even prepare my comp for a new chip? Never done it before.

I'm sure it's just the demo that lacks GF5 support. I've heard that the 5's are quirky but it would be suicide for the release not to support such a popular series.

I'm with most everyone: I'll never buy another game like this (Halo, BF, Counterstrike, COD, Farcry etc...) after having my perception altered by the possibilities of Operation Flashpoint.

OFP and its predecessors are the only combat games I need.

OMG I AM SO MAD!  The game doesnt support nvidia geforce fx 5200!  Means im gonna have to buy an expensive chip.  GOD DAMN!  How do I even prepare my comp for a new chip?  Never done it before.

it does, read page 4 tounge_o.gif

testing finnished

resume: graphiks ++ (2 of 3) gameplay -- (2 of 3)

BF2_air_880.JPG

BF2_ground_880.JPG

=> will not buy  sad_o.gif

Oooh, don't start making impressive shots here too Parvus sad_o.gif

I envy your talent. smile_o.gif

I played the demo a bit, it's not too bad, but it's not too good either. For the first few rounds I was hooked, trying out every gun, trying the vehicles, calling for artillery. Then I got a bit sick of having to put ten or twenty rounds into someone with my weapon, not knowing whether half of the rounds had actually hit them. Ludicrous, considering that they were heading towards me, I was lying prone, using my sights, putting aimed shots into their chest. Either they were all wearing oven doors under their shirts or my 203's barrel was bent 45 degrees at the end.

The main problem I have with BF is the back-and-forth, back-and-forth dynamic. With huge numbers across a massive battlefield, it'd be captivating. With about fifteen guys across a half-mile, it just boils down to which team shoots more. It's not a big deal if you get killed either, because all you do is respawn ten seconds later, run for a minute or so, then get stuck in; if it's not a big deal dying, what's the point in trying to not get shot? Half of the time I found myself getting killed on purpose so I could re-equip with a different weapon, which leads me onto my next point. It's too balanced. I can understand why the developers have made it so, but every weapon handles pretty much the same, does pretty much the same damage (ie. fuck all) and has an enemy counterpart that could well just be a model change. Sure, there are little differences (the Saiga fires faster than the pump-action, the Bizon has a bigger magazine than the MP5), but every weapon's so ineffectual that your choice of kit isn't even a big deal. For a class-based shooter, that's a bit suspect.

Maybe OFP's spoiled me. I like it when weapons are realistically modelled, but aren't balanced. If Rifle X has more stopping power than an Rifle Y in real life, so be it. If MG A has a longer effective range than MG B, fair enough. All this does is encourage you to try and overcome the enemy's advantage by altering your tactics.

Another thing OFP does better is vehicles. Not so much the handling or simulation, but the fact that they're to be feared. Playing BF2, you see people throwing grenades at T90s. In OFP, people tend to run when a BMP turns up.

I'm rambling now, so I'll shut up. I'll pass on BF2. Roll on ArAs!

For what it is, its a good game. For sim junkies (such as I, and I imagine, the majority here on the FlashPoint forums), the game is nothing but an arcadey mediocre abuse of things that have already been played upon. Leaches on the sheer action of gameplay but offering very little realism (practically nil).

Production wise (ie visuals and audio), the game is succeeds. Gameplay wise, the game blows. Simple as that. I was looking foward to see how the game turned out but wasn't surprised when it was another EA dairy experiment gone wrong. Poor cows and their abusive milkings.