Sign in to follow this  
Stealth3

BF2 Criticism and Thoughts

The patch is fully bugged (EA)! Reading the comments of a german board it appears the patch creates errors for more than 60% of all players.

Usually there are three types of problems:

The installation process is stopped by an error.

The installation finishes but the game tells you the CD-key is not valid!

A new file eats up too much Ram

Due to the new ranking system dont be surprised if you rise in rank twice during half an hour playing!

Yeah, from what I've been reading on the TotalBF2 forums, they have seriously boogered the game. It now sounds as ridiculous as Rainbow Six: Lockdown's PEC system.

The way I see it, which is likely totally wrong and is definately totally biased, is that EA HAD to patch BF2 in response to the community, but there was no need for them to make it work well. I bet the next patch comes with that expansion pack and you'll have to buy it to get it to work properly.

I'm cynical. confused_o.gif

Well I got the patch and it's worked out fine for me.

Also the AT mines didn't explode when I walked over them, perhaps you ran into a hidden claymore and only saw the mine? Or maybe that setting was off on that perticular server.

No trouble yet. I must be part of that 40% biggrin_o.gif

Ahh ha!

I've noticed somthing... a problem I'm sure you'll be glad to hear.

(I know my network settings are correct btw)

I've noticed that the game loses it's connection to the server much more since the new patch. I havn't touched my internet controls, and it was fine before (1/20 chance of it happening). Now there's a 1/5 chance that it happens!! crazy_o.gif

Whooo! Go statistics!

Here's something I wrote in another thread:

I finally broke down and bought it and found it ridiculous. Not just because of realism but because of several GUI issues, clipping issues, graphical problems such as objects that appear for high-detail players but don't for others, and the tag issue which misidentifies friendlies/enemies and/or shifts the tags around on the screen. Also the netcode makes the game nearly unplayable during intense online play, which, by the way, is a waste of time because of the cheaters and the jump/crouch flop technique that has become so popular. Also they included audio in foreign languages. I can't understand why. I turned it off for performance, which I'm sure anyone who doesn't speak chinese or arabic did as well.

I am among the people filing complaints with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission regarding EA's false advertising and lack of support. Support, among other things, was promised, but not delivered.

Had to throw that in smile_o.gif

103 patch had the same issue tha 102 had. Start-up root code had some mispelling in it which was not corrected.

For me 103 brought complete game halt as it doesn't work anymore.

BIS watch and learn.

Thought it was better to dig this up than start a new thread.

EA have announced patch 1.50 for Battlefield 2. The patch will include both the Euro Force and Armoured Fury expansion packs for free, as well as a few fixes and updates.

I got a lot of fun out of BF2. It's good for a bit of jump in, have your fun, jump out type of action when you're not in the mood or don't have the time for a whole afternoon of more demanding mil-sim type campaigning.

I'm looking forward to playing with all the new toys.

And widescreen support! I'm looking forward to playing it with mods.

Thought it was better to dig this up than start a new thread.

EA have announced patch 1.50 for Battlefield 2. The patch will include both the Euro Force and Armoured Fury expansion packs for free, as well as a few fixes and updates.

I got a lot of fun out of BF2. It's good for a bit of jump in, have your fun, jump out type of action when you're not in the mood or don't have the time for a whole afternoon of more demanding mil-sim type campaigning.

I'm looking forward to playing with all the new toys.

Ditto. I want to test the Challenger 2. I never expected EA to include EF and AF however. That was a surprise!

That's because it's Dice making the patch. EA have long forgotten BF2 and are making sequels.

I'm surprised that anyone who plays ARMA would play BF2 plain, without Project Reality. I recently tried playing vanilla BF2 with a friend, and yuck! Everybody moves like they have little engines in their legs; No system whatsoever, bullets flying everywhere but not doing any damage - chaos at best; Jets fly in a 2x2 circle. it's like watching a children's cartoon or something.

And I know that it can get much much worse than that in other games.

Well, I don't want to play serious shooters all the time. Which is why I play BF2.

BF2 is great if you just want to jump in and blow shit up for a while.

Edited by Snafu

Well, I don't want to play serious shooters all the time. Which is why I play BF2...

BF2 is great if you just want to jump in and blow shit up for a while.

Quoted for mutha-lickin' truth.