Sign in to follow this  
ledit_21

US or USSR or Resistance weapons

I prefer the US weapons, but since there is little difference in the game/mods it makes little difference.

I do have a strange love for 1700-1900´s era weapons too.

Whitworth´s....drooool biggrin_o.gif

loved the RPD that came with Jam... something about pummling an area with 200 rounds whilst also being able to carry AT tounge_o.gif

my vote for USSR Weapons...

US Vehicles though

I have to say that I prefer all the US Gucci stuff. Nothing compares with the stopping power of the AK though.

Always swap that M16 for an Ak as early as possible.

Same here. Started that habit the first time I ran out of ammo in the original campaign.

And I voted for Resistance. Although I would have loved to see other weapons than the so-called "AK" (Vz.58) that resistance troops originally carried.

I love the new US weapons added in resistance. The UZI is great and the G3A4 is nice to cap people with.

Edit:

Also who can't forget the craptastic firepower of the BISCamel? Did you know that you can even have passengers riding on the wing of the camel. They are great to shoot off and watch them fall.

Quote[/b] ]I love the new US weapons added in resistance. The UZI is great and the G3A4 is nice to cap people with.

They aren't US , the Uzi's Israeli and the G3's german

I like the US weapons, nothing better then a reliable M16A2.

Quote[/b] ]I love the new US weapons added in resistance. The UZI is great and the G3A4 is nice to cap people with.

They aren't US , the Uzi's Israeli and the G3's german

I know but they are used in OFP by nato/us forces, just like the MP5; made by HK but used in both Germany and the US

Heh, I bought the game for one reason and one reason only!

The M60 Tank!

So hey! It's pretty obvious what's my favorite vehicle... in any game.

I use whatever weapon I start the game with.

I dont do "swapping for an AK" , though I like the AK, I am an american soldier (atleast in that mission) and unless there is no other way, I wont lose my weapon.

Above that, I play MP often. and when I hear an enemy rifle, I lob a nade in its direction, regardless of who's firing it.

Russian tanks better designed?!? rock.gif

I prefer the American stuff, tho I like the grenade version of the ak74 supplied w the ICP troops.

I just wish somebody would redo the BIS m-60 gpmg. I've seen some m249's, but the sound and the fury of the m-60 is just unmatched.

-Breaker Out

I personally love the G36, although the SA80 doen by UKF is great. Im english and in the army cadets so i have handled a slightly lessor version calle the GP ( General purpose cadet rifle) it still fires 5.56mm rounds just not automatic. Hopefully in the near future i should get issued with the LSW when i go on weekends adn annual camp. In other words NATO weapons.

AK74 is BIS weapon of choice, AK107 by Keg is usermade weapon of choice. Russians better for me. wink_o.gif

I love the Steyr AUG also knows as StG 77 which is used by the Austria Army and some other countries. It is very accurate, compact, reliable, powerful and a very easy to use weapon. And in reality I have some experience with it, so don`t come close enough ;-) !!!

Best Regards,

bm02_ofp unclesam.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I just love the RK62. It's sexy... wow_o.gif

I voted 'other' because I'd much rather have anything British from World War 2-bliss. And ledit_21, as someone who knows (Colour Sergeant, Army Contingent Commander, Cadet Force), the GP Rifle just does not compare to a SA80 Self Loading Rifle. All it's good for is bayonet practice (which I gleefully took a group of cadets in smile_o.gif ). LSWs, on the other hand, rule.

Yes, i agree that the GP i poo compared to the SA80 and the LSW. I haven't done bayonet practice but have enjoyed blank fire fights against other cadets.

Colour Sergeant Simon Harley, formerly Commander Army Section (3 Platoons), St Bees School C.C.F., Cumbria, 42 NW Brigade. You?

Lads, can you tell me if my mate is wrong? He said he has used a real SA80 in the cadets. I think he's taking the piss, is he?

It's all about GPMG lads biggrin_o.gif

He might have used one with a Blank Firing Adapter, if he were of a sufficiently exalted rank. If I'd gone on my last camp as head of the Corps, instead of bunking off to North America for two months, I'd probably have been issued with a real SA80 rifle.

This thread is about "US or USSR or Resistance weapons", not for discussing cadets and such, take it to PM's or elsewhere please smile_o.gif

Thanks for everyone's post but tell people to keep voting and posting. I'm from A.C.F 4th battalion, C Coy, Addlestone detachment, no rank as yet but have an annual camp and six weekends under my belt and almost 2 star. As i said keep the posts comming i enjoy a good read.