Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

OFP Animation Enhancement V0.5

awesome work..

will/can you make so the "head", or the playerview i should say, also go around when you roll?

Now it keeps level.. would me be nice to see the sky and so on..

I spent few minutes testing your modification for OUR modification this morning and all I can say is.. shit. This thing gives us tons of problems.

First of all I want to remind you that you were NOT authorized to release any modification for our config and the reason is very very simple: Your modification will crash every damn normal server.

We do still play much online and so does many many other FDF players. It's not nice when you finally get into a game of over 20 people and ONE or possibly even two has your modification, he presses left and sprint - BANG server goes down and won't rise until admin lifts it up.

I hope some of you can now understand us and why we don't want anyone to modify our modification without our permission. But now that the damage has already been done I'd like you to solve this problem: how do you prevent FDF servers from crashing?

awesome work..

will/can you make so the "head", or the playerview i should say, also go around when you roll?

Now it keeps level.. would me be nice to see the sky and so on..

this is impossible. gameplay limitations restrict the veiw to be level at all times. before this mod have you EVER seen the veiw change? a tank shoots you and you ride your body for 1 or 2 seconds before death cam starts, does the veiw change? you wall off a clif and tuble and roll the way down, does the veiw change? game engine limitation rescrits the veiw to level only at all times.

and please dont miscontrude that reply, im not trying to be rude even thou it does kinda sound like it, its just your the second person to ask this, so in a futile effort to prevent more questions like this im explaing OFP does not let u look upside down.

Quote[/b] ]I'd like you to solve this problem: how do you prevent FDF servers from crashing?

well first you start off by loosing the additude. then you configure your servers to use this animation too since it wont belong before every OFP player with internet connection and an "Addons" folder will have this animation installed.

and i said it before, if they dont then they are truely disturbed. there are addons, and then there are mods that you just cant live without. and if you play OFP without these animations then you really shouldnt be playing video games. so dont you fret none, soon every ofper will be using these animations, and your precious servers will be running them and then everyone will be happy smile_o.gif

and i said it before, if they dont then they are truely disturbed. there are addons, and then there are mods that you just cant live without. and if you play OFP without these animations then you really shouldnt be playing video games. so dont you fret none, soon every ofper will be using these animations, and your precious servers will be running them and then everyone will be happy smile_o.gif

I don't buy your idea and our servers will always run only real FDF versions. Weather we decide to implement this feature to our modification is up to us. As long as our modification doesn't include this feature I'll think this config is a false one.

You gotta love the innovation.. things like this revolutionise the gameplay!

High speed data transfer mirrors from Stealth-Net:

OFP Animation Enchacement V0.52

Enjoy!

biggrin_o.gif

Current Release-Version is V0.52 ! See first post. wink_o.gif

Also atm the mirror seem to be not working (at least when i tested).

All fixed.. in my excitement I added an extra letter to the directory name! crazy_o.gif

crouch1.jpg

@MikkoFin

I really don´t like to read this again and again ...

these things are "respectles" but not illegal ;-)

The only one who can say something is illegal is Codemasters or BIS.

What i will say is .

Is there a Problem to say ..."hey man this is a real Problem with your Config Mod or else" because the Normal FDF Server Crash extremly hard" ?

I Think Locke or anyone else wouldnt crash the best MOD for flashpoint.(My personal meaning about this mod).

As i read the readme i think "ok wait a little bit more" because

i don´t use any modification that changes other original or mod-folder.

Every MOD should be run in his "OWN" Folder , if it is not so, the people have to move the missing addons to this.

So no one has a problem changing something.

And if it is so ..."Yes we have another folder with 700 Mb "

What shalls....

Sorry for this post but we are momentary the Rest of "The Flashpointers" and at this time we are a smale Family.

I don´t want to say STEAL something.

In German we say "The Sound makes the Musik"

********* Der Ton macht die Musik *********

Sorry again for my OLD school english again its abaout 32 Years old ;-)

Thats for now

In diesem Sinne

This is a great addon! I love sneaking about, peeking around corners, rolling behind cars.

Its cool that the AI soldiers crouch-walk, but they aren't leaning or rolling. Are you working on a fix for that?

When we roll with a grenade we cant launch grenade when we rolling (we cant rolling+launch) , ofp limit ?

and

In the next version , can you make animations (or sanctuary) for handguns ? smile_o.gif

(And for missile launcher ? lool)

++

I spent few minutes testing your modification for OUR modification this morning and all I can say is.. shit. This thing gives us tons of problems.

First of all I want to remind you that you were NOT authorized to release any modification for our config and the reason is very very simple: Your modification will crash every damn normal server.

We do still play much online and so does many many other FDF players. It's not nice when you finally get into a game of over 20 people and ONE or possibly even two has your modification, he presses left and sprint - BANG server goes down and won't rise until admin lifts it up.

I hope some of you can now understand us and why we don't want anyone to modify our modification without our permission. But now that the damage has already been done I'd like you to solve this problem: how do you prevent FDF servers from crashing?

Hi.

It was never my intention to do something "illegal" or crash your servers for a reason and i'am truly suprised by this reaction after i didn't even get a reply to my PM.

Also i am sorry that you feel this way.  sad_o.gif . After all i've added optional configs only on request as i simply wanted to allow all OFP players to use this enchacement regardless what modification they've got as their favorite ! And not to repeat that "This belongs to my/our MOD, and nobody is ever gonna be allowed to use it anywhere else!" attitude.

From my point off view this is ridiculus.

I always liked the FDF MOD myself very much for its inovative features and know you refuse to implement one of the most inovative things ever released for OFP !?  rock.gif But if you dislike the new moves that much go ahead and play your "only real FDF versions", i can't and won't force anyone to implement the new moves.

Removed FDF Config Downloads.

Yours sincerely Locke@Germany.

OOOh Yeah!!!! I like this animation enhancement!!!! Good job!!! biggrin_o.gif :

I agree that this is a big leap for OFP animations, but it fights against our modification and even if it is "one of the most inovative things ever released for OFP" it still does not justify to force it to FDF.

But in future we can always maintain the option to implement this feature to our next release.

Sorry but I can't stay quite anymore and must say this...

What's with [some of] you FDF guys? You come across as a very grumpy bunch of guys!?

You have done an very good job with your FDF mod, we and you all know that. But please come down from that high horses and join the rest of us!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

just wait for the next version of FDF, maybe it is included there. i can undestand that the FDF guys don't want their server to crash every 5 minutes.

I agree that this is a big leap for OFP animations, but it fights against our modification and even if it is "one of the most inovative things ever released for OFP" it still does not justify to force it to FDF.

But in future we can always maintain the option to implement this feature to our next release.

I am fighting against your MOD ?  

I am forcing it into your MOD ? rock.gif

If you take this as a fight between two MOD's i am sorry for you .

The FDF Configs were from the beginnig only an option for players that would liked the FDF MOD with the new animations.

I never said that this would be any official new final FDF Config that is going to replace yours forever.

What's with [some of] you FDF guys? You come across as a very grumpy bunch of guys!?

You have done an very good job with your FDF mod, we and you all know that. But please come down from that high horses and join the rest of us!

Not many understand that we wan't to stay as once piece so that everyone can just download our modification and join the game. This can't be achieved by breaking our modification up to different parts, one official and few modified by someone else.

When 100 different players want to do their own modifications of our mod it is kinda obvious we have to be a grumpy bunch of guys - what ever it means. We can support other modifications, but we are not helping to break our cause.

And that's how I mean this fights against us. Not a competition, but it fights against our policy to stay unite.

As I said we can possibly include this feature to our modification.

Locke@Germany awesome addon! i´ve been waiting for this feature in OFP for too long. wink_o.gif

oh, you better do that, because me, locke and other people are angry about your oppinion... unique mod? hm, i don't think that comunity didin't helped you creating it, so you need to take locke help to your config, if there are some errors or problems they should be corrected...

I'm confused, is there some kind of mod monopoly being established here.. or is this just about conflict of scripts in multiplayer?

Not many understand that we wan't to stay as once piece so that everyone can just download our modification and join the game. This can't be achieved by breaking our modification up to different parts, one official and few modified by someone else.

I get what you are saying but can't say I agree. What would be so incredible bad if there was one real FDF 1.30 mod from you guys and let say another "FDF 1.30 modded with X" and yet another "FDF 1.30 modded with Y" (of course all others should give full credit to you in readme etc.)?

I mean this is how it works for OFP itself (i.e 1000 of people uses different configs/tweaks/addons from the original OFP 1.96) so why would it be such a problem for your mod?

Of course with bad naming of the variants there is a risk for confusion and issues like you described but other than that?

Don't get me wrong. I'm thankfull for all your hard work and said so to you before but if you are so concerned about "protecting your stuff" why release it to the public at all?

After all Locke was only trying to be helpfull and please every one...

Just my 0.20 SEK!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I think i understand FDF's point, and somehow find it respectable as this modification can make FDF versions totally incompatible and even crash servers in MP, and FDF is very MP oriented.

In that case, there should either be a way to make modified fdf config so that it doesnt allow joining FDF servers, as long as these anims are not officially integrated and working in FDF. But i dont really see how, maybe FDF should think of some dummy pbo for the user to remove when they customize FDF for SP use.

Anyway, i think it's legit and will prevent problems on servers if this modified FDF config is not released. As it's explained how to modify a config, people can always make the modification themselves and thus there's more chances that those who do it themselves understand that it's not made for MP whereas, when all people have to do is copy and overwrite a single file, lots of lambda users wont even know what they're doing.

It's a difficult situation anyway, as OFP is really too easy to crash serverside... If only the clients were affected by this kind of missing stuff errors, but well, maybe next OFP patch ;)

I understand FDFs standpoint. Thats one of the best things with FDF, you download it and can play it without compability problems. The most succesful MOD in my opinion, a finnished product.

I´m glad they are considering to (and probably will(?)) include this into their mod.

We must all respect FDF Mod's decision if you can edit it by yourself use it than only for personal use and dont make it public.

A problem to check it on server ?

If someone connect with the wrong config.cpp he leaves.

Think there is a way !

Hmm I installed the entire Locke_AnimMOD to the OFP dir, added cmd line and launched ofp. Then I tried on of the button-combo's as stated in the readme but nothing happens.. same old OFP animations.

It is installed like this OFP\Locke_AnimMOD\addons

\bin

\bin + crouchedwalk

BergHoff, try this: put Locke_Anims.pbo in the MAIN OFP add-ons directory. The BIN folder you keep in the Mod folder.

Strange I've tried nearly about everything and I just doesn't work rock.gif