Sign in to follow this  
ohard1

OFP 2 Release

2008. I hope it doesn't get released earlier. OFP1 still has a lot of potential, and I want a decent OFP2 not something I have to patch up to 1.96 before it's "done". smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Everything after 2006 is way to late crazy_o.gif

If I'm not mistaken, OFP took 4 years to make? so if they started after Resistance was released in 2002, that will be around 2006 or longer tounge_o.gif

If I'm not mistaken, OFP took 4 years to make? so if they started after Resistance was released in 2002, that will be around 2006 or longer tounge_o.gif

Yep, but back then they didnt had this creapy XBOX ver by the midle sad_o.gif

Hopefully it'll be done "when its ready".... ( I'd guess around mid-2006 )

I want OFP 2 just as much as anyone else -- but I also want it to be highly polished. Even if it takes till 2007 that's fine - as long as the game is as good ( hopefully better ) as the first....

A lot rides on OFP 2 for the Dev's -- they have to somehow trump the success they had with OFP 1 -- their reputation depends on it ( as well as their pay packets tounge_o.gif )

I'm sure their not gonna pull "a rush job", they'll release it when it's done and they'll show it off when it's done ( is nobody else sick of seeing over-hyped games...?? )

I have every confidence in BI -- I'm sure OFP 2 will be more groundbreaking than the first was ( and hopefully it'll sell just as well ) Personally I respect a developer more that takes the time to make a few perfect games a year - than 20 average ones.....

Good things come to those who wait..... wink_o.gif

I voted for: "Never"

Sorry I'm not counting any more on this release, I've had to much downs with this :-( so I just keep thinking that it will never be released, that way I will be utterly happy when 'it' might come out.

We haven't heard from BIS in ages so whats going on?

After hearing news about Codemasters and E3 i will have to vote for never. Cause at the moment futureof OFP2 looks pretty bleak.... sad_o.gif

i sayd never :P its done when its done biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

lol how... we are a quite... eehmmm... patient community... need... beer.... to.... wait for opf 2!!

lol... j/k

wel. i hope it will be released in aug. 2005 nice Birthday present tounge_o.gif

there are new realease rumours: www.gamestar.de say 2.11.2005. (modified today) can it be possible due to competition with enemy in sight?)

Source

doubt it... as marek sayd in the interview they where only done with the first half of it (or something like that)

My guess is late 2005 too. I cant believe they can survive  without revenue much longer.

So you think that BIs made VBS1 for the US Military for peanuts?

I would guess that the money they have made from VBS1 is quite a considerable amount.

Can I revise my vote?

*puts on Acme 'swami-prophecy' brand turban*

Ahem...  I spy with my futuristic eye...  An announcement at E3 that includes release of OFP on console, sequential development of OFP2 on PC then console, and a demo of OFP2 for pc released on Wednesday, at.. aproximately.. hmmm. 3PM.. yup.. that's what's goin' on..  tounge_o.gif

I'll confirm the prediction later with some tea leaves.

To quote Indigo Mantoya, "I hate waiting.."  xmas_o.gif

I'll confirm the prediction later with some tea leaves.

Good luck wink_o.gif

hey it said that operation flashpoint 2 was slated for a release 17/03/2006 biggrin_o.gif sometime in march !! unclesam.gif

My guess is late 2005 too. I cant believe they can survive  without revenue much longer.

haha.. what did I say again. Well I said late 2005

Quote[/b] ]Erscheinen soll Armed Assault im 4. Quartal 2005.

And I was right! biggrin_o.gif

Looks like we have a estimated date now.. wink_o.gif

We have this info from BIS on PCFormat - Game2 release , rest

"Game 2 is already the ultimate warzone sim, and BIS has two years development left."

Game 2 will be realeased within 2 years (2008)

i vote year 2010

lets wait and see..

I think somewhere in late 2007 beginning 2008 as the article uses old build of ArmA from I guess 2005 and the pic with bad lightning was from December.

Well they Said ArmA will last us another 5 years.. and with Game 2 being complete in 2 years i think we will have a lot of choice biggrin_o.gif

[2008] my prediction

When do you think OFP 2 will come out?

2008, the magazine stated that two more years in the making...

LOL never....yeah never if the god damn world goes to hell