Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

Wow all of this looks amaaaaaaaaaaazing! You must all be working really hard thumbs-up.gif I'm looking forward to charging across those fields and letting the air out of a few baddies! Keep up the great work!!

Wow all of this looks amaaaaaaaaaaazing! You must all be working really hard thumbs-up.gif  I'm looking forward to charging across those fields and letting the air out of a few baddies! Keep up the great work!!

yea me too....I can`t hardly wait to shoot those allies tounge2.gif

I just hope there isent a long wait for this biggrin_o.gif (im just imagining myself looking back on this post in a years time)

Those models look awesome, good job! May I inquire about polycount and the LOD setup?

the lods usualy go, for a 50m square, 2000 faces, 1000, 600, 250, 120 and around 10 ish for the last lod...

also the lods decrease very rapidly, basically the only ofp cell using the first lod is the one you're standing on...

depending if u use regular settings or max settings for "lod details" in flashpointpreferences.exe, the first lod will be either the 2000 faces one or the 1000 faces one... then the cells around the one you're standing on are at 600 faces and all the rest is 250, 120 and 10ish for whatever is far away...

thats for the fields in general, i cant say much about the forest as this is still work in progress...

but actually what makes the lag when u have models using only alpha textures like vegetation isnt so much the facecount, its actually the total surface of all faces combined...

for example a 10 per 10m face lags more than a 5 per 5m surface made out of 4 faces...

Very nice job on judging from those last several screens. This will add one truly realistic atmosphere, especially through vegetation. Keep up the great work lads!

Looks brilliant, I'm really looking forward to using these. smile_o.gif

the lods usualy go, for a 50m square, 2000 faces, 1000, 600, 250, 120 and around 10 ish for the last lod...

also the lods decrease very rapidly, basically the only ofp cell using the first lod is the one you're standing on...

depending if u use regular settings or max settings for "lod details" in flashpointpreferences.exe, the first lod will be either the 2000 faces one or the 1000 faces one... then the cells around the one you're standing on are at 600 faces and all the rest is 250, 120 and 10ish for whatever is far away...

Sounds good. That's pretty much how I made the grass for OFPL Lechistan (and Drago) and it works very well. Can't wait to see all this stuff ingame! smile_o.gif

ok here is something i wanted to do from the beginning i mod ofp,i had many tries on that but got a first good result now

you want to know what im talking about, i talk about new sandbags

they come in seperate and different models so you can build different positions of it not just one or two predefinied

ok to many words let the picture say the rest hehe

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/msgboar....2;image

@Battling- The pic looks spectacular!! Do you have to place them one by one, or in a group of four or something like that?

you have to place them sandbag by sandbag...:p

j/k

as BB said, they come in several pieces so if u want to build your own position, you can do that, or if you prefer you can use the predefined models if u want to use the ones BB already built, what he means is you have the choice between full models or pieces if the full models dont meet your needs

cheers

Fab.

I hope you plan on converting this Mod over to ArmA after it's out for awhile as these trees, bushes and forests etc would look even better again with the new lighting and shadows.

All the pics look great!

Quote[/b] ]you have to place them sandbag by sandbag...:p

ha ha tounge2.gif

Battling bitches millitary Objects are my favorate to use so ive got no doubt into the face that they will be good in game with the caen mod. smile_o.gif

Hello again, welcome.gif

I have taken several new pictures showing our progress on the MOD wink_o.gif

Please click on my signature banner to get to the WWIIEC website to see the pictures, as this forum doesn´t allow me to post many pics at once. The comments are welcomed here anyway tounge2.gif

wow_o.gif Wow.. I am at a loss for words. Fantastic job, this is one very welcome update, truly shows just how busy you guys have been with everything.

Everything, from the animations to vehicles and new additions to soldiers looks very nice and detailed. Keep up the good work guys!

I'd like to see a little more kit on the Commonwealth troops, they look a little under-kitted there, but it's looking good. Very, very good.

Only other complaint I can possibly think of is regarding faces on the troops.

@AKM

yeah i havent finished the british basic equipment yet... been so busy with everything, i gotta put my mind back into it...

good thing you mention the faces, battling bitch is doing some very good ones to replace the ugly ones in there

[edit] i remember having some troubles linking the pics directly from our site, so i thought i'd save sengir some time and upload them to my host and post them here...

here's what sengir posted :

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

I have shooted several new pictures showing our progress on the MOD known as Caen44. The anim work still continues, I am finishing the running and pistol anims and overall progress on the anims is like 70%. I can almost see the light in the end of this long tunnel called OFPanim program smile_o.gif ! I don´t like repeating myself, but all the anims you see are, again, the actual ingame anims made by me (Sengir). I have several running animations done, the soldiers will use them randomly. The cargo anims are mostly dynamic and kubel+blitzes cargos have also its own dying sequences.

FAB´s amazing vegetation and soldiers speak for themselves. There is also LOTS of work put into the coding and scripting by FAB, screenshots can´t tell that, but he is the real heart of this madness.

You can also see Battling Bitch´s great work on the helmets and a heavy armor by T_Roc, who is nearly done with a really huge tank pack covering everything from PzII or Bren Carrier to King Tigers!

We would like to thank the Liberation41 team for allowing us use their Kubelwagen and Opel Blitz models. Enjoy the pics, don´t blame us it isn´t out yet and visit our forums.

Bye, Sengir

and the pics he took (nice screens dude, plz update your BIS forum avater :-) ) :

PS : if u got any troubles with the pics here go visit our site and check out the ones ones on the main page...

thumb_sengir_blitzanim1T.jpg

thumb_sengir_caenrunpic7T.jpg

thumb_sengir_caenrunpic2T.jpg

thumb_sengir_caenrunpic3T.jpg

thumb_sengir_caenrunpic6T.jpg

thumb_sengir_caenrunpic5T.jpg

here's the rest of the pics (cant post too many pics per post)

.. 20 mins later

well sorry cant post the rest of the pics... why is this board giving me so much troubles....

this is insanity...

Quote[/b] ]THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUNDYou are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: ]http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

very cool dude... except the urls i'm desperatly trying to post dont have an invalid format... but somehow this board seems to have a different opinion on this matter.

not to mention the long URLs that get changed into text with (...) to make them shorter... resulting in some ugly text instead of a thumbnail, but somehow that same url will work after adding some moanings about it like i'm doing right now... and then guess what ? i remove the moaning because it seems to finally work, and when i press submit, the thumbnails are messed up again...

insanity.

i'm going to bed... in the meantime check the site for sengir's pics... i'll come back tomorow and try again.

Impressive screenshots, the animation positions seem to be very natural.

Good job with OFPAnim icon14.gif

Whoa, big compliment from The Animation King himself there.

@Fab

- RE, Commonwealth Battlegear: That's excellent, good to hear. I'm kinda hoping to see that little 'assault pack' that clips onto the webbing harness there. As a matter of fact, I have the webbing harness (still khaki) with I believe two general-purpose pouches and a canteen with its straps, if you want more reference images (recently got a digital, whooyeah! ) but it looks like you've got everything, blanco'd and all. It would be a good idea to give a BREN gunner four general-purpose pouches (Three were typically loaded with two mags each, and the fourth had the cleaning / maintainence kit, if I recall correctly, usually) and give him an A-Gunner as well... yeah. Not the point, and now I'm rambling.

- RE: Faces: That's freaking excellent. I'd recommend trying to greasestick some of them for camouflage with the black and I believe I've seen green greasestick on some Canadian and British troops in some photographs - dunno if other forces had that or not.

Other than that, good to hear, and I am definately looking forward to this release, more than anything else I can think of, actually. Keep up the good work.

Hmm.. I can't find words to describe those anims and units and that vegetation... Veryveryvery good job, again smile_o.gif

How does the AI handle the grass? Do they start chucking grenades at each other without ever shooting? Is the grass everywhere on the map or are there areas with more dirt?

Can i pass through the hedgerows like normal OFP bushes or must i make my way through them? Sorry if i ask already answered questions. sad_o.gif

Anyway those screens look so awsome they deserve an Amadeus.  thumbs-up.gif [edit] the link comes with sound so if you're browsing at work, get back to work tounge2.gif

Fab, in the configs of any armour released with the mod - will you please consider making the top speed of any given tank much lower than it's real life top speed, because this way while not being true to life in one aspect it does in my opinion reflect much better the way tanks cautiously crept around the battlefield, also taking into account the way the ai behaves 'hyper-actively' in armour I think this way it works better.

Also I've noticed the Cromwell's been re-textured but it still has the flourescent squadron/troop markings, are these final?

I dont want to sound presumptious but if it's a matter of time I can email you some I've made for myself that look a bit more genuine.

thumbs-up.gif

Awesome and also freightening wow_o.gif

It's hard to believe those screenshots came from the old OFP game, rather than ArmA thumbs-up.gif