Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

..woah biggrin_o.gif

As for comparsions between Inv44 and this, I think WW2EC is progressing the game feature wise, while Inv44 is just a shiney mod, they have said them self they aren't as bothered about playablilty as much as how it looks (model quality)

But, WWIIEC have done things like the Bolt Action Rifle animations etc, which havent been done before smile_o.gif

Anyway, amazingly amazing work smile_o.gif

- Ben

Will there be any russian and american units??

Russians? In Caen (France) ?!

Why not? It will be like turist trip or something icon_lol.gif

Define "Russians". There were Soviet prisoners who elected to join the Wehrmacht and were stationed on the Atlantic Wall at the time of Overlord, Goodwood, Epsom et al. The majority promptly surrendered to Allied forces having killed their commissar-like Nazi overseers.

If you really wanted you could just shoot at the Germans and think, "Now is he a Russkie in a Nazi uniform? Nah, better not risk it...", and continue plinking away with either your No 4 Enfield or your Garand. rofl.gif .

See, these units are so good you can randomly attach any story to them, and it'll stick!!

Define "Russians".  There were Soviet prisoners who elected to join the Wehrmacht and were stationed on the Atlantic Wall at the time of Overlord, Goodwood, Epsom et al.  The majority promptly surrendered to Allied forces having killed their commissar-like Nazi overseers.

If you really wanted you could just shoot at the Germans and think, "Now is he a Russkie in a Nazi uniform?  Nah, better not risk it...", and continue plinking away with either your No 4 Enfield or your Garand.  rofl.gif .

See, these units are so good you can randomly attach any story to them, and it'll stick!!

Russian? Wern't the non-German Wehrmacth mostly Polish at the Atlantic Wall?

nazis took prisoners all over the places they captured and mobilized them to front so that they would fight for nazis.i read it from history book. tounge2.gif

i remember there was written that there were people fighting in normandy from almost every eastern european country.

nazis took prisoners all over the places they captured and mobilized them to front so that they would fight for nazis.i read it from history book. tounge2.gif

i remember there was written that there were people fighting in normandy from almost every eastern european country.

Thats true but I don't think they would look much different to the Nazi's. Same uniforms, weapons etc.

Regarding the Nazi-fielded auxileries, many Ukranians, Poles, and various Bulgarians, Romanians, etc, served under the Swastika.*

They were "less than reliable" and once the Germans near them were killed, they usually surrendered to the Allied forces.

In Italy, for example, The Polish Corps was deployed with the Canadians, and many Polish levies were used by the Germans in the Italian campaign. Typically the Poles in Nazi service would surrender as soon as possible, trade weapons and uniforms, and begin working immediately with the Polish Corps, after of course, a rigorous screening by Army Intelligence.

"The lesser Slavs" in other words, often fought under the Swastika, pressed into service by the Germans. Other slavs, such as Russians, were typically killed outright or used as forced labourers. In any case, there would have been fewer Russians pressed into combat roles than say Poles or Ukranians.**

Edit:

Equipment issued was exactly the same, although they would have never seen StG-44s (MP-44s) or G-43 rifles. Only difference were unit patches.

* - Those Bulgars or Romanians not serving with their own armed forces,

** - "Lesser Slavs" is a Nazi term. Their genetic/ethnic/eugenic (Many words for the same theory) policies permeated their command infrastructure as well, especially when it came to SS units.

Ok i have finalized the small trees, they're done, finished, i wont touch them anymore...

The rest is gonna be easy cake from now on...

here you can see a few beech trees, oaks and apples trees. i have two more foliage ready to be added, ash tree and mapple...

enjoy !

ww2ec_tree_Asmall.jpg

ww2ec_tree_Bsmall.jpg

ww2ec_tree_Csmall.jpg

ww2ec_tree_Dsmall.jpg

Extremely nice, looks like we'll get our own green nature like in Brothers In Arms biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

yeah although i'm only doing vegetation for the Caen area, the whole "nature pack" is made of 2 pbos (one for model, one for config) so it'll be available to any island makers really easilly... (for people who dont care about wwII for example)

Arn't we lovely people wink_o.gif

Fab never ceases to amaze us smile_o.gif

This mod looks awesome graphic-wise, the bolt action was just over-the-top. yay.gif

How much of the missions/campaign do you have left to do?

Now thats just classy smile_o.gif

A big salute to all the team , you have done quite a job so far

regards

Hi there,

thanx for all the nice comments ppl smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How much of the missions/campaign do you have left to do?

For now, we are planning a shorter campaign for British paras and a couple of missions for both sides included.

it'll be a shame without german voices, but i guess we'll be recruiting voice actors pretty soon... so if you're german or british and own a mike, plz stay in touch, you'll probably become very handy pretty soon wink_o.gif

I do believe we will be able to find some Jerry voice actors smile_o.gif

it'll be a shame without german voices, but i guess we'll be recruiting voice actors pretty soon... so if you're german or british and own a mike, plz stay in touch, you'll probably become very handy pretty soon  wink_o.gif

hehe I don't mind trying to do a British voice but not sure if my voice is all that great recorded. I do however have a decent mic setup with a mixer so the quality would be good.

Heh, perish the thought that no one else cares about WWII. Just kidding! Yeah, I have to say, seeing all of the great work you guys are doing has sparked my interest in the WWII campaign in OFP. Keep up the good work.

DocRptr

time to post some public screenshots...

Ok there's been quite a lot of progress since my last post

1st of all, i have finally finished all the trees we needed. i've redone the ivy on the trunks, made a whole range of models from 3meter tall baby trees to 20 meters +, for all species (chestnut, maple, apple, beech, ash and oak). its been a lot of work but they're finally done...

ww2ec_tree44small.jpg

here you can see the different tree sizes :

ww2ec_tree45small.jpg

ww2ec_tree46small.jpg

then i made some special low poly trees to work on a new forest. Its not finished yet, i still have to add a lot of vegetation to it and try to reduce the lag as much as possible...

here's a couple of screenshot of the basic structure :

ww2ec_forest02a_small.jpg

ww2ec_forest02b_small.jpg

posted too many images so i had to make a new post to finish :

Before i could carry on, i needed some of the common species growing around hedgerows and forests. so here they are :

some cleavers (took me about an hour to find the name of this very common plant...).

ww2ec_bush3a_small.jpg

here you can see some stinging nettle... one of my favorite hehe

ww2ec_bush3b_small.jpg

here you can see some good old bramble (is the name corret ?)

ww2ec_bush3c_small.jpg

and finally some fern...

ww2ec_bush3d_small.jpg

hope you like them... with these i can finally start to build the final hedgerows for our bocage countryside... (and also populate the forest )

really beautiful work !!!

inlove.gif

is perhaps possible to use ur work after realese to creat island ?

Woah those are really nice. Keep up the good work!!!! I've been to Caen before so its going to be cool to see it in OFP. Anyways can't wait till its released! notworthy.gif

Soldier out.  pistols.gif

So effing beautiful!  inlove.gif  As much as I can't wait, take your time with it. It's looking great! thumbs-up.gif

Superb work. notworthy.gif