Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Middle East part 2

just a shame that most european goverments don't got the balls to say anything else that "I don't like that so much...but I'm not really gonna do anything about it" banghead.gif

Well...

It's also about economic interests in the US..

If you remove everything like economic etc, I doubt too many goverments here in western europe would have the guts to do much about things with USAs policy that they dislike. Most likely to do it would be Germany and France, possibly Sweden. Of course, my view may be a bit worse than it is, because our last goverment was such a suckup to Mr. Bush...

Latest to come from the regions.. uh.. beacon of liberalism in the region?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1957249,00.html

Quote[/b] ]

Hanging caught on video reveals Iran's crackdown on dissidents

Tracy McVeigh, foreign editor

Sunday November 26, 2006

Observer.co.uk

The film shows the public hanging of Alireza Gorji, 23, and his friend Hossein Makesh, 22, in July in Broudjerd, Iran. According to official versions of the charges, they were put to death because they had behaved 'immorally'. The truth, according to anti-government campaigners, is that the two men were among increasing numbers of political activists being executed by Iran on trumped-up charges.

'Both these men had been involved in anti-government protests in their home town and everyone who watch the hanging knew this,' said a human rights observer in Tehran.

On Tuesday the UN General Assembly condemned Iran for human rights abuses and the video - filmed by a Revolutionary Guard, smuggled out by opposition activists and seen by The Observer - is rare evidence of Iran's efforts to quell dissent. Amnesty International last year documented at least 94 public executions although many more are suspected to take place in secret - in September the authorities told a lawyer for Valliollah Feyz-Mahdavi, 28, that he had died after a suicide attempt in prison. Feyz-Mahdavi had been arrested for membership of Iran's main opposition - the People's Mojahedin Organistation of Iran.

Quote[/b] ]

Next try in the right thread *g*

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2535310,00.html

Article in the Times about Israel preparing for an attack on the nuclear facilities of Iran.

Id be more surprised if they did'nt have plans for it.. tounge2.gif

For those in the UK, there's a 'Dispatches' on C4 at 11pm tonight.

From the web page:

Quote[/b] ]Having witnessed the battle for the town of Garmser in the Helmand province of Afghanistan, Sean Langan goes to meet the fighters British troops are facing - The Taliban. He recounts the experience.

Meeting the Taliban

The program on Monday had some great footage and showed what the troops out there have to face on a daily basis.

Great read Stainer, but I think this should go in the War on Terror thread.

Whoops, well I reasoned that Afghanistan was in the Middle East and this thread was on the first page... wink_o.gif

Interesting read indeed. Now I have a polar opposite view to cleanse my brain of Bush's Presidential address last night. But I tire of the views of politicians and the equally biased media.

If you really want to understand the Middle East pick up a history book. You can even start in the early 1900's and gain a more clear prospective. Only then will it reveal what a steaming pile of dung we have stepped in...repeatedly. (ok more like danced around with the occasional squish.)

The only solution to shit on your shoe is to scrape it off.

Interesting read indeed.  Now I have a polar opposite view to cleanse my brain of Bush's Presidential address last night.  But I tire of the views of politicians and the equally biased media.

If you really want to understand the Middle East pick up a history book.  You can even start in the early 1900's and gain a more clear prospective.  Only then will it reveal what a steaming pile of dung we have stepped in...repeatedly.  (ok more like danced around with the occasional squish.)

The only solution to shit on your shoe is to scrape it off.

well said, and perhaps we need to go further back than the 1900's to fully understand the middle east, perhaps back to before modern religion.  

perhaps if we all went a read a book we would see that all the middle east is an eye for an eye and there is no inocent party.  Its all very well Israel criticising Muslims use of Terrorism, but there Terrorist campaign was just as disguisting (Killing two British Seargents, hanging them from trees and booby trapping them to kill medics).  Its so hard to see a real solution for the middle east, its such a mess  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]TEHRAN, Feb. 14 — A car loaded with explosives blew up on Wednesday in front of a bus carrying members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in the southeastern city of Zahedan, killing at least 11 people and wounding 34 others, the state news media reported.

Skip to next paragraph

The New York Times

The governor of Zahedan, Hassan Ali Nouri, told state-run television that the car exploded at 6:37 a.m. as the bus taking members of the Revolutionary Guards to work approached.

Television news reports showed videotape of the mangled bus, with all its windows shattered.

One official told the ISNA news agency that six people had been arrested.

The explosion was the largest in this troubled region along the Afghan and Pakistani borders since last March, when an attack on a convoy in the same province, Sistan-Baluchistan, killed 22 officials.

In December 2005, a car carrying President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was ambushed when he was on a visit in the same province. The attack, near the city of Zabol, killed one of his bodyguards and wounded another. Further details of that attack have not been disclosed.

Read full article

If one word comes to mind...: Irony?

Simple solution to the Middle Eastern problem, you simply kill everyone out there and sell it to Butlins to set up a few Holiday Resorts, without the locals its a shit hot place to visit to be fair.

But what about the cost you ask? Simple, you bury all the Sand Choggis in big pits outside of the holiday homes and use the fumes from their decomposing corpses to create a gas and harness it as raw fuel for electricity.

I think the west allow themselves to worry too much about middle eastern affairs. Let those who have sown their seeds now reap their crops.

Simple solution to the Middle Eastern problem, you simply kill everyone out there and sell it to Butlins to set up a few Holiday Resorts, without the locals its a shit hot place to visit to be fair.

But what about the cost you ask? Simple, you bury all the Sand Choggis in big pits outside of the holiday homes and use the fumes from their decomposing corpses to create a gas and harness it as raw fuel for electricity.

Consider yourself banned.

Racist terminology and hate mongering is not tolerated here.

Um...you do realise that this guy is of Arabic descent, don't you?

Um...you do realise that this guy is of Arabic descent, don't you?

Jonny_2LI?

there isn't anything in this persons profile the tells us their location

He doesn't live in the middle east, actually. He lives in the UK but his grandparents were born in the middle east, not sure which country exactly though.

I think it's quite funny, I wonder if I would get banned for saying "All English honkies are dicks"? wink_o.gifwhistle.gif

What Jonny_2LI wrote deserves a permanent ban for him, no matter where he comes from.

It's all too easy to come up with comments like that, or with comments like 'nuke the whole place' when you really have absolutely no idea what you are really saying, who deserves what kind of punishment and who doesn't.

We are, after all, living under the same sun. I'm trying to live my life here. Some idiots are trying to prevent me from doing it. Most of the people over in Middle East are trying to do exactly the same, to live their life, and they have their own idiots over there. It's the relatively small number of religious and ideologist fanatics (includes Americans) and other lunatics who have turned the place into what it is today.

What Jonny_2LI wrote deserves a permanent ban for him, no matter where he comes from.

Exactly correct.

Now, let's get back top the topic at hand... wink_o.gif

There was a distinct lack of humor located anywhere in that. I have a very dry sense of humor myself...but I didn't catch "funny" anywhere.

In fact he should have been banned for dredgging up that thread...crap...now I'm just as guilty.

I personally thought it was pretty damn funny.

It has been dealt with and the matter is closed - just drop it. Next person who dredges it up again can expect to be punished.

This is "The Middle East part 2" thread, not the "Lets endlessly debate moderation decisions and what is and isn't racism" thread.

peace in middle east ?

simple - stop colonialism policy

first those people lived like they lived, but western companies came there and thought that thay can use other people as slaves, took their raw materials , than terrorism was established

every war has cause, most of causes is greed of one,

most of terrorism has cause too, most of time it is feeling weak, helpless, revenge or psycho-religious

talking about peace "under our conditions" or as Metallica sings "do as i say not as i do" is nonsense and never will be true

people are different, because they have different cultures, beliefs and etc.

if one nation wan't be rich by making other poor there will always be blood answer

first who started wars in middle east were christians and crusades, to tell them 'our god is better than your god"

than vicious circle was turning for centuries

than some companies saw that there is oil and all started again

small group of very very rich people make problems in the world no matter now or in history, soldiers die on war, generals take medals, most plaintive is fact, that usual people buy propaganda and give their life for somebody buisness

on Youtube there is a lot of movies of US troops or blackwaters who "enjoy" war and killing, this is insane and will cause next acts

soldier who takes money and goes to kill other man is for me average criminal killer, if they don't have respect for other people's life, i don't have respect for their life,

if you defend your nation against agression it is okay, other way you are just occupant,

those troops should show that "we are better, more human, helping, taking care", that they just want erase terror goverment regime, not establish new regime without respect for local culture

i cannot imagine how man can take money and go to blow somebody house, to take life of his wife or etc.

i don't feel hate or will to change way of life of other nations, but i wish that other do not ingerate in way i live nor took my goods, but people who want live in oither culture should have possibility to emigrate to realise themself without harm to other, this is most simple way for peace

What a convenient world-view. The evil West, big companies exploit all the poor and a few scrupulous masterminds are responsible for all the bad happening in the world.

Out of all the flags on earth..I wonder why the American flag is the flag of choice for international flag flamers? biggrin_o.gif

first who started wars in middle east were christians and crusades, to tell them 'our god is better than your god"

Yikes, it wasn't simple as that! Both sides weren't little angels. Even before the Crusades started, the Arabs did their fair share of looting, pillaging, and conquering of "Christian" lands. Ever heard of the Moors? Or, that Arabs forces conquest parts of Italy and Sicily?

It was a two way street.

D'oh!

Quote[/b] ]first who started wars in middle east were christians and crusades, to tell them 'our god is better than your god"

Give me a break. Oh yeah it was Eden there, no war or conflict at all. The spread of Islam was so peaceful, they never made war against the Empire of Rome (also known by revisionist as Byzantium).

Quote[/b] ]on Youtube there is a lot of movies of US troops or blackwaters who "enjoy" war and killing,

It takes less than 5 seconds to find videos of people getting their heads sawed off with knives, women stoned to death, and piles of dead bodies killed with nerve gas. Funny how I've never heard any one condem such acts.